TONYLEUNG.INFO
THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)

THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD

2012 - The Silent War
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Tony Leung Movies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hamberger362

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:24 am    Post subject:

Thanks. Yitian Very Happy
Video : premiere in BJ

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNDMzNzc5MzA4.html
hamberger362

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:20 am    Post subject:

[/url]
hamberger362

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:24 am    Post subject:

yitian

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:16 am    Post subject:

More Promo: @ Guangzhou

Info

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:29 am    Post subject:

More photos and articles are added to <The Silent War> promotion in HK, BJ, SH, and GZ under "Tony Schedule" Section.

Sorry that the articles posted are in Chinese, will see if I can find time to translate. Or maybe other fans can help?

The team will be back to HK for premiere tomorrow. Watch out for more updates!
Safran

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:28 am    Post subject:

Phew !.....tight schedule ...and tough time for Tony ! Sad Thank you Info for keeping us up to date Smile
hamberger362

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:04 am    Post subject:

hamberger362

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:07 am    Post subject:

hamberger362

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:08 am    Post subject:

hamberger362

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:56 am    Post subject:

Video @Guangzhou

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNDM0NTQ2OTcy.html
Jamaica

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:31 am    Post subject:

http://www.zimbio.com/Tony+Leung/articles/bAuAZS1hIRy/Tony+Leung+Chiu+Wai+puts+Awards+over+place

TVB News World - Asian Entertainment News Daily Tony Leung Chiu Wai puts his Awards all over the place

Aug 3rd 2012, 09:51

Tony Leung Chiu Wai yesterday with Zhou Xun, directors Felix Chong Man Keung and Alan Mak Siu Fai attended the film THE SILENT WAR (TING FUNG JEH) press conference. Mak Siu Fai revealed that Wai Jai placed his Hong Kong Film Awards and Golden Horse Awards randomly. Even his Cannes Best Actor certificate was placed on the floor. Wai Jai was not mad that his secret was revealed, and explained that he did not display the awards neatly together because he did not want to be so blatant. Although he was at home he still was better off being a little more low key. This way each time he made a movie he would feel it would be a new job. He also did not feel that putting the international Cannes Best Actor certificate on the floor was disrespectful. "I put oil paintings on the floor too, respect is in the heart!"

Wai Jai after years of making movies did not mind any genre, the only one that he would not make was ghost film. Because when he was little, his family rather enjoyed telling ghost stories. His aunt also liked to take him to see ghost films, so he was very afraid of the dark and ghosts. "For me making a ghost movie is torture. It's like telling me to go on amusement park rides; you might as well tell me to die."

Wai Jai was in much better shape. Actually because he had additional shoots for the December release THE GRANDMASTERS (YUT DOI JUNG SI), he only ate oat meals and buckwheat noodles. In the scorching summer heat, he had to put on heavy clothing for 20 degrees below zero Celsius to perform. Very quickly he lost 9 pounds. He revealed that GRAND will shoot until October. For his earlier wedding anniversary he did not return to Hong Kong and celebrate with his wife Carina Lau Ka Ling. "Thus earlier on my birthday we celebrated that too."

Earlier when the film PAINTED SKIN: RESURRECTION (WAT PEI II) was released Zhou Xun did not any promotion. Was she at odds with Vicki Zhao and avoiding direct confrontation with her? Promotional company personnel protected Zhou Xun with the question not being related to SILENT, but Zhou Xun graciously said that it was not a problem for her to answer. Zhou Xun said, "No, we were not at odds. Since the film started production we were speculated to be at odds. As soon as we appeared the talks were endless. Throughout all the endless questions nothing happened." Yet they have not tried shared the stage to promote PAINTED SKIN: RESURRECTION. Zhou Xun explained that because Zhao Wei had to direct her own movie and she did not expect how strong the PAINTED SKIN RESURRECTION box office would be, so she did not know about the celebration as she was resting. Zhou Xun also admitted that earlier she won a lawsuit and donated the compensation to the United Nations for charity short film production.

Source: Mingpao, on.cc
Translated by: hktopten

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:47 pm    Post subject: [2012.08.04] TONY LEUNG CHIU WAI DECLINES TO BE MAGGIE CHEUN

http://hktopten.blogspot.com/2012/08/20120804-tony-leung-chiu-wai-declines.html

The 50 year old Best Actor Tony Leung Chiu Wai two nights ago attended THE SILENT WAR (TING FUNG JEH) premiere. Wai Jai was very sentimental. Looking back at his extreme and stubborn youth, he felt that he was both silly and dumb. Now he with his "happiness was the most important" life attitude would not feel any regret even without any descendant. He also lamented that his romantic road was just as rugged as former rumored girlfriend Maggie Cheung Man Yuk.

Leung Chiu Wai, Zhou Xun, and director Alan Mak Siu Fai's film THE SILENT WAR two nights ago held a premiere. Gossip couple Model Ma Mia Chen Jing Yi and Chrissie Chau Sau Na's boyfriend Avis, Rose Chan Ka Wun and Helen To Yu Fung all attended, but Wai Jai's wife Carina Lau Ka Ling did not appear.

Wai Jai pointed out that his wife Lau Ka Ling due to work has not have the chance to enjoy this film yet. He returned to Hong Kong for a few days to promote. In a few days he will head to Kaiping for THE GRANDMASTER (YUT DOI JUNG SI)'s additional shoot, he was so busy that he had no time to meet with friends. As for good friend Cheung Man Yuk's break up, Wai Jai said, "I only found out from the newspaper. She and I haven't seen each other in a long while, as she moves more swiftly. Actually not just her, even good friends like (Jacky) Cheung Hok Yau I normally wouldn't deliberate see." Is his marriage with Ka Ling sweet now? He continued, "Everyone is like this, life has many partings and unions. It's very normal." Did he have any "good property" to introduce to Maggie? He said, "No!"

As for director Mak Siu Fai's compliment that after marriage his personality has become easy going, Wai Jai said that it was related to getting older. "I don't have to too serious with everything. Now I have become much more relaxed. With my changes the pursuit is different too. After the 50th birthday this year, I realized that life should be happy. Looking back, I feel I was very silly. I was so stubborn, extreme, picky, life should be a bit happier. Yet this is definitely a part of life. Maybe I was dumb, but being late is unimportant. Happiness is the most important."

Would he regret that he has not have any descendant yet? Wai Jai said, "I feel no regret. Everyday I only remind myself, don't complain. The way it is is the way it is, it doesn't matter." He accepted that life had both gains and losses. His life view change benefited everyone around him. He said, "Now I want to make more movies with hope and happiness more than I want to make art drama films. After several decades of heavy movies, it's enough. I want to be happy, things have many prospectives."

Director Mak Siu Fai was rather confident in the film's box office because his earlier collaboration with Zhou Xun, THE MESSAGE, made 300 million yuan in the Mainland. Did Zhou Xun wanted to be a lucky star? Zhou Xun smiled and said, "That would be great!"

Speaking of his career personal total box office reaching 1.8 billion yuan RMB and was thus nicknamed "Zhou 18", she pointed out that such a good performance was unexpected. "Mak Siu Fai and Wai Jai both said that with such a good performance I could get a raise. I would consider it." Yet she pointed out that her worth was not 1.8 billion, otherwise I would be able to retire. She also would not due to her high career achievement raised the bar on what she looked for in a mate. Zhou Xun said, "My box office has nothing to do with looking for a boyfriend, let it takes its natural course. I wouldn't feel I am high up, I am so short in stature."

Would she try to meet a boyfriend during her time off? Zhou Xun said, "So soon?" Would she accept dating a foreigner? She said, "I don't know, I haven't tried it. I really don't know how to answer everyone's question!"

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:06 pm    Post subject:

Thanks Jamaica for the above articles.

"Although he was at home he still was better off being a little low key. This way each time he made a movie he would feel it would be a new job."

If I understand TL's point correctly- he wants to approach each project like a neophyte, does not want to draw on his past glory/experience/characters.
In other words, he does not want to carry around his Best Actor 'baggage' when he embarks on a new project.

Again, this is a very interesting insight into TL's craft. And his method is very interesting as there is always the danger that an actor may play himself. In TL's case- a multi-awarded actor.

Also thanks to info for the heads up.
yitian

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:18 pm    Post subject:

Thanks Jamaica for the articles Smile

A video of few clips from the movie
http://video.sina.com.cn/p/ent/m/c/2012-08-07/230861831041.html
Few more stills
hamberger362

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:30 am    Post subject:

www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Tony Leung Movies All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 9 of 12

Jump to: