TONYLEUNG.INFO
THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)

THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD

Hello To New Fans.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Get to know each other
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jamaica

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:52 pm    Post subject:

Wink Anything to promote Tony! Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:37 am    Post subject:

Like this one very much Smile

http://www.youtube.com/victorcornet21

Isnīt he sublime ?
Thank you Jamaica !
Jamaica

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:56 am    Post subject:

Which one? The ten minute interview? That's a really good one, but thanks shouldn't go to me, but to those wonderful fans, who have gone through the trouble to upload these videos, to share with the rest of us. All I've done is compile some of them into a list, so I can access my favorites, easily, and to (hopefully) draw some interest to Tony from some of my subscribers and friends.

Here are some of the contributors of these wonderful videos:

http://www.youtube.com/user/forestforyou

http://www.youtube.com/user/misterhibbert

One of Tonyham's (hamberger is that you? Wink) contributions:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAX7TwPMhWs&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/user/tonyleungorg

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:43 am    Post subject:

Dear Yitian, I like your photos and its story so much. And yeah, I love Tony's songs too Very Happy . I have about 50 songs and listen to them quite often with the hope that one day I will master Cantonese.

Dear Jamaica, I've just subscribed to you and add friend on Youtube. Nice channel! I'm a little bit surprise to find out that you are real HK movies geek In Love. You have many interesting observations on Tony, Yun-Fat and Jet Li, so I find your posts quite enjoyable. For me, I have the feelings but never be able to write down in words. And "an actor would find it complimentary to know that fans recognize, and appreciate, the talent of other actors as well", I agree ^^.

I have a special playlist for Tony, hope all of you enjoy (I don't upload any of them, most of the clips are from forestforyou and tonyham(hamburger), I just collect and do some sorting Very Happy)

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLA2B962029F285ECF

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:44 am    Post subject:

Wow, redfox, your youtube playlist is really nice - I'm having a lot of fun to let it go round and round, it's almost endless. Thanks. sunny
I agree with you that many Tony fans write deep and well - I've been reading in this website for a long time. Only recently, I decide to join the family and write few poor sentences here and there myself. Embarassed
hamberger362

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:08 am    Post subject:

Dear Jamaica
You're right. I'm tonyham. Smile
Jamaica

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:48 am    Post subject:

Hey redfox, yep, I've become quite the HK/Chinese film geek in the last year and a half, or so. I've got A LOT of catching up to do, as I'd never really seen much Eastern film. (As far as that goes, there's still a ton of important Western films I haven't seen. There's never enough time!) Very Happy

What other HK movies, and actors do you like?

Anyway, was having fun browsing through your You Tube playlist this morning. Very curious to know what Chang Chen was saying about Tony. Also, I would like to see Joan Chen and Tony do a film together, as "Lust, Caution's," story didn't focus on them. It would be nice to see Tony playing opposite a woman closer to his age, for one thing (and Joan is absolutely stunning.) I remember loving her performance in "The Last Emperor." I need to see more of her work!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:09 am    Post subject:

Hey Jamaica, sorry for this late reply, I've got some extra works these days Sad.
I really love HK movies. To me, HK movies bring many joys that movies from any other places can't. First is the parody. It's amusing to suddenly recognize you've watched a similar scene in a different movie. Like Stephen Chow imitated Tony's hair brushing... Second is the director's "trademarks". From John Woo's doves to Wong Kar Wai's color/atmosphere, they are awesome. Third is the heroic and brotherhood spirit Cool. Do you feel the same?

About the videos in Chinese, I'm quite curious too. There's a long interview features Tony and WKW together, but no translation Rolling Eyes .

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:41 am    Post subject:

Hi Redfox,

Don't worry about a late reply. I know how it can be hard to keep up, here, when life gets busy. Very Happy

Yes! Stephen Chow's parodies of John Woo and Wong Kar Wai's films in "King of Comedy" was very funny. It would be great if Tony did one of Stephen's movies. (I guess he had enough of being bossed around by Stephen when they were shooting home movies as teens. Laughing )

For me, not only is the spirit of brotherhood in Chinese movies appealing, but mostly the good-natured sweetness that so many of the films have; even films with brutal scenes in them, there are moments of such tenderness, sometimes the scenes are even terribly sentimental, but the depiction of good-will is so heart-felt, that it is very touching. Chinese movies make me feel at home.

I think there is a translation, here, of that long Tony and WKW video. It may be in the Articles section, or perhaps in the Videos section. I've read it. If I run into it, again I'll tell you where I found it.

Cheers!
   www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Get to know each other All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: