TONYLEUNG.INFO
THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)

THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD

An Austrian TLCW-fan in Hongkong - Part 7 - The end
Goto page 1, 2  Next

www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Tony Leung Miscellaneous
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Safran

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:37 am    Post subject: An Austrian TLCW-fan in Hongkong - Part 7 - The end

June, 29 th - Market Street ….....and Farewell

I have to go back first, to the evening before: After dining in the „Goldfinch“ and farewell from our kind HK-fellows Info and Marissa, we returned to our hotel very tired , our head full of impressions . We refreshed ourselfs and met for a last review. My friends , who didn´t meet Tony for the first time , were curious to hear about my impression of Tony.... but I still could not find the right and worthy words to express.

Eri awaited a Japanese friend for this evening. Though my companions offered to join, I prefered to stay alone – to begin to pack also – but especially for thinking over and reflecting this long and eventful day- the wonderful experience to meet Tony ultimately - the last 4 days.

Totally unexpected „Tony-addict“ (I missed at our gathering) called me on the hotel-phone later this evening. She kindly offered to meet with me the next afteroon – not to spend my last hours in Hong Kong alone.. She offered to help me buying souvenirs....have a dinner together - and wanted to show me „Temple Street“
(Next midday Eri and Anny had to depart for 3 more days in Shanghai – and Masako had to depart for Tokyo also round this time)
– I was very surprised and pleased about this kind offer and we arranged to meet next day at 5 p m in our hotel-lobby.

Last day -
Last awaking next to my dear roommate Eri - and waiting for our room-neighbours Anny and Masako to have a last breakfast together. It is still raining and Eri found a „Dim-Sum-Restaurant“ in her guide - not to far to go. The entrance was quite ordinary – we took the elevator to an upper floor and stepped into a big bright dining room – with a lot of people sitting on big round tables, enjoying their meals – promising ! The dishes we ordered – various kinds of filled noodel-bags and rolls.mainly....were delicious again - I wished we had such kind of Chinese Restaurants here –( I miss these tasty meals.)
After our last culinaric highlight, we 4 companions went back to our hotel – packed our suitcases....
checked out and went to Kowloon-Station. There we practically could already check-in for our flights. Eri´s and Anny´s time was limited and so we had not as much time for our farewell as we would have wished - after these intense and memorable days together.
Masako found me at the check-in desk - and had some more time before her departure.
We both were in farewell-mood , went for a last drink and talked about whom? …Tony - till we had to part.

Back in Canton Road – it was raining …..early afternoon and still a lot of time before my date with „Tony-addict“ .I decided to watch a movie in this movie-metropole . Near the hotel I bought tickets for the next available film: „ Beginning Of The Great Revival“ (!) I did not know the Cinema was not at the same location where I bought the tickets and had to hurry to reach the showtime. Was an interesting experience to watch an „all-star“ casted Chinese political propaganda film - in Hongkong - we were 3 persons only in the big movie hall - and the film was quite boring.

The rest of this afternoon with Tony-addict was much more joyful and funny – though my batteries got empty gradually. With her fresh and cheerful kind, she guided me to an gift-shop and later to the colouful and lively „Temple Street Market“. First we wached only – then we had an excellent seafood dinner in a Street-Restaurant – very delicious ! Fit again for searching some little presents for my family. My dear HK- guide, is a born haggler – and a big help. It was very funny – and a joyful final. All good things come to an end …. and so we took a Minibus to Kowloon-Station - for the Airport-Express to Lantau Island. With a heavy heart I had to say Good bye - a last time.

Arriving the Airport, the rain and wind became stronger and my midnight-flight was postponed for one hour. Nevertheless we arrived in Frankfurt just in time for the transfer to Vienna.
Arriving in Vienna, I had some more time to meet my daughter for a „Viennese Breakfast“ in a traditional „Wiener Kaffeehaus“ in the city – and remembered most wistfully the Chinese ones !
Another 4 hours with the train – and I was back home again.

Now, I am sitting here – about one month later - in front of my notebook - and was walking down the memory-lane..........

It was a great experience ! - Beautiful Hong Kong, I´ll be back ! (in a cooler ; ) season )

With all my heart I want to thank the persons who helped to make my „Hongkong-dream“ come true :
…..My dear Japanese friends, competent and caring travel-companions : Eri, Anny and Masako
…..Info, the faciliator – and her lovable Hongkong „Dream-Team“ : Tony-addict, A., Garfield and Marissa
…..Cisca and Yumi our dear fellow fans, who often managed to join - though other duties

and my special thanks go to Tony, who finally managed to spend some time with us - though his various commitments and his very tight schedule – I really appreciate it. Tony´s outstanding talent and his extraordinary personality inspire ! I hope I´ll meet him again – somewhere – somewhen.

Many, many Thanks !

Helga

Last edited by Safran on Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:07 pm; edited 3 times in total
Jamaica

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:37 pm    Post subject:

Bravo, Helga, for a wonderful report of your trip! It was a real treat! Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:06 pm    Post subject:

THE END

Helga's Fantastic Hongkong Adventure (guest-starring Mr. Tony Leung Chiu- Wai)

Applause Applause Applause
Eri

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:29 pm    Post subject:

Thanks for the very enjoyable report , Helga.
Well Done !!! Applause

I still feel sorry about our very quick farewell greeting and left you at the counter because we had to leave as soon as possible. I didn't know the shuttle bus to Kowloon station took so long (the road around TST was so narrow and traffic jam was so bad), we missed the opportunity to do in town check-in (which is until 90 mins before departure) , and actually when we arrived by the Airport Express, we run to the check in counter at the airport (which was closed at 40 mins before departure) and asked specially to go thru the "HK residents" counter at the immigration in stead of "visitors" where there were a lot more people waiting in the line. We only found out after we were on board, our flight was delayed about 1 hour. Rolling Eyes

Anyway, this adventure was very happy and enjoyable one. I would like to thank everyone I've met in HK, and specially you, my room mate Helga ! Wink and TONY, of course.

BTW, I didn't know which film you've watched on the last day. >"Beginning Of The Great Revival" which known as "The Founding of the Party" ? We saw the posters, didn't we ?
I haven't seen this film, but we were happen to be in Shanghai on 1st July, we've seen posters everywhere we go and special TV programs of "celebration of 70th anniversary of the Party" from all over China including some artists from HK that was very different from I usually see but I cannot say very interesting to be honest. Think
Safran

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:10 pm    Post subject:

Embarassed Thank you !

Conclusion: If ever you get the chance to realize a longed for heart´s desire (big or little) - do not wait for a next chance ( might not come) - simply DO IT ! Life is short Smile

To Eri: Do not worry cause of our short farewell - I know you 2 were in a big hurry to get the flight in time ..... - and probably I would not have found the right words once again - as usual - Wink ......I hope for a reunion ! Smile
(BTW: Yes, it was the movie we saw the posters so often )
Info

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:40 am    Post subject:

Helga,

Excellent work! What a roller coaster trip! Wink I am glad that it had a happy ending!

Info
Tony-addict

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:14 am    Post subject:

Dear Helga,

It's such a memorable night to me too !
hope to reunion again soon, no matter where on earth ~ Very Happy
Safran

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:01 am    Post subject:

Dear Info and Tony-addict !

Today 28 th !!!!! Can´t believe - one month gone already, since I met Tony - and all of you dear HK-girls ! Smile
I am pretty sure, we´ll meet again Wink

Servus from Austria
Helga
hamberger362

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:41 am    Post subject:

Hello Helga
How are you? Thank you so much for sharing your story. I enjoy reading them. I really hope to meet you next trip. Very Happy

ham Very Happy
Safran

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:24 am    Post subject:

Thank you Ham - Let´s hope so dear Thai friend ! Very Happy
lishan627

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:59 am    Post subject:

Hi Helga~

Thanks for sharing ur adventure with us~ ; )

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:35 am    Post subject:

Dear Helga,

Thank you so much for sharing your HK memories!!!!!!!!
Sorry, I've been very busy and couldn't catch up .
I finished reading all your reports.
You're a good writer. Wink

I just want to say...
I'm soooo Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy oooooooo happy for you !

Hope to see you, soon again.

Miss you Waving

Yuka
Safran

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:00 am    Post subject:

Hi Yuka !

haha..... "good writer" - not at all ! (my first try Wink )
Thank you for sharing my happiness dear busy friend Giving a kiss
WE WILL meet again ! Smile

Cordial Greetings
Helga
redfox

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:20 am    Post subject:

Thank you Helga for your great writing. I just simply love your reports.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:09 am    Post subject:

Thank you redfox : ) - Not great writing......, only my way to digest this big unbelievable adventure - and if some of you liked - all the better ; )
   www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Tony Leung Miscellaneous All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: