TONYLEUNG.INFO
THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)

THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD

An Austrian TLCW-fan in Hongkong - Part 2

www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Tony Leung Miscellaneous
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Safran

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:27 am    Post subject: An Austrian TLCW-fan in Hongkong - Part 2

June 25 th – A long first day

Arriving in Kowloon-Station, I followed the advice of my Japanese friend and took the Shuttlebus Nr 2 to our hotel in Tsim Sha Tsui (TST)
The first time I feel the humide heat (still in the morning), ambient noice and scents of Hongkong- with crowds of busy people in the streets …....I´m feeling like in a dream or „in trance“ ?

Our hotel is located conveniently - near the Harbour Piers, Cultural Center and Old Clocktower... .. I start my first discovery and my eyes cannot watch enough the lively Victoria Harbour with all the Ferries........some elderly people talking, sitting together, reading newspaper or practicing Taijiquan in the shadow.....and opposite of me the impressive Skyline of HK Island /Central – with the dominating tropical green „Victoria Peak„ in tropical green- behind.

Around midday I began to feel tired , soaked with sweat and worn out.
Back in the cool airconditioned hotel , I checked-in and – took a refreshing shower and a short rest.
Early in the afternoon, my Japanese friends arrived – we all a bit shy first, but happy for a reunion since Sakura season in Tokyo 2009: Eri (my roommate), Anny and Masako – now the four-leafed-clover for HK was complete ! We did not meet for 2 ½ years.....but have something very essential in common: the admiration for Tony .....So we felt quite comfortable from first moment on – though our more (Eri) or/and less (the rest) English knowledges.
We all spontanously acknowledged Eri as our experienced „headlady“ and guide - and eagerly started our first sightseeing tour to : THE PEAK

My first time crossing Victoria Harbour with the public Ferry – to "Central". Impressing high-rise buildings with wellknown international company-logos........gigantic bank- and hotelbuildings......( like „Mandarin Oriental“- ( a tragic place for Leslie Cheung-fans ).......We are passing a little vegetable market.... and old colonial-buildings - like historical islands amidst modern skyscrapers....

Eri, our experienced guide in front of us, followed by Anny and Masako -attentive and carefully observing me ( not to get lost when shooting fotos.... ) Finally we reach the Peak Tram Station– again crowds of people waiting in a long line. It´s Saturday and everybody seems to seek uphill.
We decide to take a Taxi: but easier said than done.....(my compliment to Anny´s high „sprinter-qualities“ to get one !)
Finally we managed - and rushed the mountainroad up - along tropical vegetation.......affluent neighbourhood, villas and residences.......(Tony probably in one of these ?)
In beginning twilight we reached the panorama terraces......and enjoyed a breathtaking view: The densely build-up city on both sides of Victoria Bay and the sea with green islands......all around in evening sky.
Though more and more people , we (hungry and thirsty) finally found a table in a restaurant - after taking hundreds of steps up and down..... . Though very exhausted and with wet hanging hair...., I enjoyd my first dinner in HK - sharing some dainty dishes -in chinese manner- with my Japanese mates.
Later, on the platforms again, we saw big white clouds (like steam) rapid coming down the peak - ghostlike.
Another last look down, to beautiful illuminated „Hongkong by night“ - and then we return to our hotel.

Although very tired from this exciting first day, we freshend up with a shower and still managed to arrange a little cosy „Pyjama-Party“ . Champagne was cooled perfectly for a „welcome-drink“ - raisng our glasses to our reunion in HK and to Tony´s soon BD.
My Japanese friends – knowing my hunger for „Tony-things“, surprised me with some beautiful presents, I never could get at home – Thank you again guys ! At the latest in this moment we missed two more Tokyo-girls, who where not able to take part - unfortunately (not only for helping to empty the bottle)
BTW We did not manage half the bottle - and very tired fell in our beds.

…......to be continued

PS : I see , more and more I get lost in details – and you certainly might be bored. SORRY, but I cannot help: writing this, is like walking down memory lane ; ) (I´ll try to shorten the next parts )
Zeefje

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:20 am    Post subject:

Nooooo, I've zero Asia experience, love to hear every detail....your story is so interesting....please go on Helga....

By the way my name is José not zeefje. that's just a nickname...I'll explain later if you like...

Regards,

José
Jamaica

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:21 am    Post subject:

Don't apologize, and don't feel you have to shorten it. It's wonderful! I feel like I'm there with you!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:47 am    Post subject:

Embarassed Thank you, very kind guys ! - I really have to try to - otherwise my "report" will never end..... Computer

Greetings from Austria
Helga
Zeefje

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:08 am    Post subject:

Of course we're curious to know whether you "get the guy" in the end or not, but this is a nice way to relive your journey for ever and ever...and evermore...lucky you....so let us suffer a bit more, take your time...Wink

Cheers,

José
sparkles_n15

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:15 pm    Post subject:

Dear Helga,

Sorry I missed you by a week! I'm glad you had a good first day in the city. Did you take the tram down? I made a mistake once taking a minibus down the Peak. It was the most exhilarating roller coaster ride of my life. Hehe.

Do we get to 'good' part soon? Wink
Eri

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:57 pm    Post subject:

Dear Helga,

It is nice to read small details and how did you feel at the time. I think these are more interesting than just writing about the facts and statistics, for most of people. These small details are also bringing me back the memories.

BTW, I hope I didn't appear to be too bossy to you and others. Embarassed Wink

Dear Jenny,

Take it slowly, then you can feel the same way as we all were at the time. Laughing

We didn't take mini bus from the Peak, but Double Decker Express Bus driving along the coast was also thrilling. (These buses were trimming tree brunches all along the road.) Shocked
In The Mood For Leung

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:36 pm    Post subject:

Hey Helga,

I had no idea you were going to be in TL Land. Nice to hear you are with Eri and our other Japanese friends. Sounds very exciting...

Have you met the Idol yet? Say hi to him for me please heh.

Enjoy your HK holiday.

And yes, please continue...

Take care,
Joe
Safran

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:49 pm    Post subject:

Dear Joe -

We´re all back home meanwhile -
.....a misundertanding cause of my "using different tenses" Sad

Dear Eri -

Nooooo, not bossy at all - but competent ! Smile
I remember the rough bus-rides on the coast - on left side ! Shocked
Please have a heart and add or corrigate - if you like Wink (maybe you could add the article you translated ? - when I ever reach this date ....haha)

Dear Jenny -

you are right - I am losing myself in detailes ..... is no "report" became more a personal reminiscence..... Wink
In my mothertonge I prefer a shorter, more (black) humourous style - but hard to do in english ! Sad
Although curious already ? Will be the hardest part for me, I guess Wink
In The Mood For Leung

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:54 pm    Post subject:

Dear Helga,

That was funny Laughing

Anyways, glad to hear you're back home safe.

Cheers Smile
Joe
   www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Tony Leung Miscellaneous All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: