TONYLEUNG.INFO
THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)

THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD

Tony and Maggie to star in Singapore historical film
Goto page 1, 2  Next

www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> The Latest Tony News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wan yu

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:26 pm    Post subject: Tony and Maggie to star in Singapore historical film

新加坡拍《1965》歷史大片 故事主人翁李光耀邀梁朝偉張曼玉演出
http://news.sina.com 2011年07月13日 04:41 光華日報
  (新加坡13日訊)新加坡歷史大片《1965》即將開拍,主要演員傳包括梁朝偉、張曼玉,好萊塢實力派女星Julianne Moore也會助陣。

《1965》是新加坡家樂電影與香港名導陳可辛的“我們製作”聯合製作的新加坡政治片。故事以李光耀為爭取新加坡獨立為背景,把新加坡在1965年經歷90天動蕩不安、種族紛爭、政權之爭等歷史搬上大銀幕。

陳可辛李天仁操刀

影片的製作費高達500萬美元(約1500萬令吉),由香港名導陳可辛及《笑着回家》的新加坡導演李天仁操刀。來自亞洲的製片、編劇、調研等將組成製作團隊。影片預計今年第4季開拍,並在新馬兩地取景,計劃趕在明年國慶前上映。

政治主題的片種在新加坡影史上罕見,故事主人翁李光耀又享有舉足輕重的地位,因此角色由哪些重量級演員扮演引起廣大關注。圈內盛傳,影帝影后級的梁朝偉與張曼玉將繼2000年的《花樣年華》後,再度攜手合作,演出《1965》裡的政治角色。新加坡藝人戚玉武也將有份參與。

此外,多次獲提名奧斯卡金像奬的好萊塢女演員Julianne Moore也在演出名單中。無獨有偶,張曼玉與Julianne Moore分別在1993年和2003年獲得柏林國際電影節的“銀熊奬”。

如無變數,影帝影后及好萊塢演員將齊聚獅城拍攝,衆實力派演員同片飆戲,加上這是新加坡片首次有好萊塢演員參與,料將改寫新加坡電影史。

捕捉國慶慶典畫面

有關大牌級的演員名單,家樂電影董事經理雲暉翔聞梁朝偉與張曼玉的名字時,對消息的傳開感到意外。

張曼玉曾在5月底到新加坡為環球影城舉行開幕禮,之後就傳出她將演出《1965》,電影公司當時與她密會洽談 雲暉翔受詢時只說,正在籌劃拍攝這部電影。他透露,《1965》將有國慶慶典的情節,因此正與相關人士協商,希望能在今年的慶典綵排或8月9日慶典當天實地拍攝,以為影片添加真實感。

新加坡製作放眼國際市場

國際大牌參演新加坡製作《1965》,表商City Chain有意投入超過100萬(約250萬令吉)巨額贊助。表商發言人透露,對強大的演員陣容所吸引,所以與家樂電影在商談中,現階段等電影公司確定卡士名單。發言人說:“這部影片是展望國際市場的新加坡製作,以全世界觀衆為目標。”,一語再度暗示國際知名演員的參與。

他也說:“李光耀是新加坡的重要政治人物,名字無人不曉,所以如果與電影公司談成,這將是我們公司區域性的合作。”

http://dailynews.sina.com/bg/ent/hktwstar/kwongwah/20110713/04412598276.html

Very suprised! is this true???? Surprised
Jamaica

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:32 am    Post subject: English

http://theonlinecitizen.com/2011/07/tony-leung-to-play-lee-kuan-yew/

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:47 am    Post subject:

Thanks for the link in English Jamaica. Well, now that's some news, if this it can be confirmed. But what about Tony's first self-produced film about revenge?

I'm not sufficiently aware of the contemporary history of the area to have a weighted opinion. But I always get the creeps when I read "rewriting history." An "either you're with us or your against us." kind of feeling....

However, if there is one actor who is capable to play a seemingly controversial character with integrity then it is our idol. I have full confidence in him. Tony loves difficult assignments. It would challenge him to meet new limits.
Jamaica

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:40 am    Post subject:

One article I read about this said Peter was going to offer the role to Tony, not that Tony had accepted it, already. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

As a role it sounds like a terrific opportunity, dramatically, and if true, I'd love to see him work with Julianne Moore, and to work again with Maggie.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:19 am    Post subject:

I just receive my google alert for news about Tony on the world wide web....this site is faster....good job wan ju, congrats....

Zeefje
Jamaica

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:30 pm    Post subject: Big Stars in Local Film? - Straits Times

http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/Lifestyle/Story/STIStory_690921.html

Jul 15, 2011
Big stars in local film?
TONY Leung Chiu Wai, Maggie Cheung and Julianne Moore to star in a local film about Singapore's independence?

That is the rumour that has been circulating in the media and on the Internet.

But Mr Daniel Yun, chief executive officer of Singapore-based film label Homerun Asia that is behind the film, says: 'The rumours on the cast are factually inaccurate. The casting is on-going and no cast is confirmed.'

On Wednesday, Lianhe Wanbao had reported on the juicy casting of the top Hong Kong and American stars and the Chinese online portal Sina has also carried the news.

The US$5-million (S$6.1-million) film, called 1965, is a co-production between Homerun and China's Zonbo Media, with Singapore permanent resident Lee Thean-jeen in the director's seat.

Hong Kong film-maker Peter Chan will play a supervisory role, though 'the exact extent of his involvement is still being discussed', says Mr Yun.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:10 pm    Post subject:

Historical drama hmmm...

Not bad, but if TL and MC were ever to reunite in a film- I wish it would be in the vein of ITMFL where their delectable on-screen chemistry could be put to good use.

Thanks guys for the links Smile
redfox

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:32 am    Post subject:

another article...
http://www.cnngo.com/singapore/play/tony-leung-cast-play-lee-kuan-yew-1965-885527
Don't know exactly what to expect in this Singapore historical movie, but surely it will be another splendid Tony's movie In Love
(if he really takes the role)
wan yu

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:56 am    Post subject:

many speculations, not sure if it's sure.. but if Tony is really taking up the role, wow.. us singaporean fans are in for a real treat Wink
Jamaica

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:59 am    Post subject:

It sounds like, (straight from the source of the people making the movie), that no cast has been chosen, and Peter Chan is not the director. Sure would be a great opportunity for Tony, though. I'd sure like to see him tackle it.

Not liking some of the comments I'm reading at these websites posting the news. It IS a movie, after all, not the definitive history of Singapore. No one figure, portrayed in a movie, is going to be someone everyone likes. Considering it is a joint project with the US, though, it seems that Lee Kuan Yew would be shown in all his facets - not just a "propaganda film."

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:31 pm    Post subject:

That I totally agree, Art and politics often don't go together very well..
As an artist you sometimes have to endure a lot of critiscism. On the other hand there will be lot of praise to receive as well of course....you have to be a well balanced person to withstand all that...

Greetz,

Zeefje
Jamaica

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:18 pm    Post subject: More clarification

http://www.china.org.cn/arts/2011-07/18/content_23010920.htm

Singapore director Lee Thean-Jeen has been chosen for a movie on the independence of the city state in 1965, local daily Lianhe Zaobao reported on Friday.

Actor Tony Leung from Hong Kong, China, might play the young founding Prime Minister Lee Kuan Yew, it said.

Homerun Asia, which produces the movie, said on its website that the movie, 1965, is based on Lee Kuan Yew's struggle for the independence of Singapore.

"1965 is a political thriller focused on 90 tumultuous days in the year 1965, when racial and ideological differences saw violent clashes on the streets of Singapore, while political intrigue and conspiracy led to power struggles in the City Hall," it said.

The company also said that the movie will be "in the same vein as Western political thrillers such as 'Munich' and 'Empire of the Sun.'"

It will have a budget of 5 million U.S. dollars, and work on the production will start in September.

Responding to previous news reports that the movie will be directed by Hong Kong director Peter Chan, Homerun Asia said it is still in discussion over how Chan will be involved.

The company said it has not decided on the cast yet, but did not rule out the possibility of Tony Leung playing the young Lee Kuan Yew, the founding prime minister of the city state. Actress Maggie Cheung might also play a role in the movie.

Asked whether the movie will be centered on the founding fathers of the city state, like the Chinese movie The Founding of a Republic, the company said it will not necessarily be centered around the role of Lee Kuan Yew.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:58 pm    Post subject:

Political intrigue - that's more like it.
I am thinking/visualizing a la "The Year of Living Dangerously".
Yeah, I think I would want to see TL in such a political thriller.

"Might play"..well, we all know how that works heh.

Thanks jamaica.
Jamaica

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:30 pm    Post subject:

Well, it sure could raise Tony's international profile. (I'm always scheming of ways to get Tony hired in America for a film or two....) Lol!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:32 pm    Post subject: Ideas for a new film

I quite agree, Europe would be fine too by the way, but this isn't a competition between continental filmindustries. Why don't we do research ourselves and offer our ideas for a film to Tony. There must be enough historical facts where west and east met. Theme should be of interest for a wide range of cultures and contain action and passion.

Zeefje
   www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> The Latest Tony News All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: