TONYLEUNG.INFO
THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)

THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD

The Grandmasters
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Tony Leung Movies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jamaica

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:00 am    Post subject:

Yay! Something new! Waiting for this film is torture!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:35 am    Post subject:

A glimpse: http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjg2MjY4NTcy.html
Zeefje

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:10 am    Post subject:

So short....I wish I could understand the commend -sigh-
Thanks for the update Info! Tony looks as handsome as ever.....

Regards,

Zeefje
Jamaica

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:51 am    Post subject:

Wow, look at the water fly so artfully! Surprised to actually see that much of the film. Thanks Info!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:39 pm    Post subject:

Here is the first trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yvdh7VkLciA

Last edited by Info on Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Info

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:23 am    Post subject:

Info

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:30 am    Post subject:

Official Website: http://thegrandmasters.yindoo.com.cn/

Cantonese Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJTQj12cTKw
redfox

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:13 am    Post subject:

http://news.minnesota.publicradio.org/features/2005/08/26_kerre_leung/

in this old interview back in 2005 Tony mentioned about The Grand Master. 6 years already... and the movie is nearly finished... hehe Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:41 pm    Post subject:

Dear Redfox,

2005 interview you said? Well look at the last sentence..Hope not Tony's prophecy comes true. He must be very patient in nature...
I couldn't work on the same project for five years...this film must be worth the while.

Read somewhere it's in postproduction now....let's hope this is a fact...

Regards,

Zeefje
Safran

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:44 pm    Post subject:

Thanks redfox !
Best chances for a new WKW- record ? Wink
Our idol´s loyalty, endurance and patience - simply worth admiring !!! salute
redfox

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:37 pm    Post subject:

WKW and Tony planned about The Grand Master that long ago, but they actually started shooting in late 2008 I think, after Tony took Wing Chun training.

http://www.mediafire.com/?aov3eyd1kcieps7

Here is audio of the interview (full english).
Tony's voice quickly reminds me of his character in ITMFL, feeling like... he sometimes came back to be Chow Mo Wan during the interview.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:34 pm    Post subject:

Thanks redfox
To compare with your "2046" audio-interview:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WdmNBOfuqk&feature=related

.......and always the same/similar questions to answer.........here he looks a bit tired already (in my opinion) - poor Tony !
Jamaica

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:18 am    Post subject: Latest on "The Grandmasters"

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5gxX0_75HAF1w-7xIGgUPuxkU2Rag?docId=CNG.2dcb68d1c001f58225bc79b145422ed5.191

Korean star Song searching for seriousness

By Mathew Scott (AFP) – 4 hours ago

BUSAN — Song Hye-gyo, one of Asia's biggest female stars thanks to a wildly popular television series, on Saturday said she is determined to match her success in romantic comedies with more serious roles.
"I want the roles I now play to be very different. I am trying to find very different and unique roles to play," said Song, speaking on the sidelines of the 16th Busan International Film Festival (BIFF).
The 28-year-old South Korean, whose face is plastered on billboards across the region, said the parts she was now choosing were designed to be more challenging.
That's certainly the case with Song's latest film role.
In the Lee Jeong-hyang directed drama "A Reason to Live" -- making its world premiere at BIFF -- Song plays a young woman forced through tragedy to question the rights and wrong of capital punishment.
It is a step change from the bright and breezy romantic comedies that made her name.
The actress is also currently helping acclaimed Hong Kong director Wong Kar Wai piece together his long-awaited martial arts epic "The Grandmasters", a biopic of Ip Man, the man who taught Bruce Lee how to fight.
Both films had presented unique challenges, the actress said.
"In person I am a very calm character and in Wong Kar Wai's film, I have to be very active," said Song.
"I have to use my body and I am still learning how to be more physical. In director Lee's film I have to express my feelings more than I normally do. I have to use my facial expressions."
The actress said she had found that though the two directors were known for very different styles of films -- Wong is an arthouse darling while Lee favours more gritty material -- she had found they had a common touch.
"They are both very delicate when it comes to actors in that they give very detailed directions," she said.
Song began her career on Korean television and soon became a household favourite across Asia thanks to series such as "Full House", where she played opposite the Korean singing and acting sensation Rain.
Big screen success has been harder to come by but that hasn't stopped the actress picking up a string of lucrative commercial endorsements.
And while film fans have been kept in the dark about when Wong's film might be released -- it has now been almost a decade in the making -- Song said they would not have to wait for too much longer.
"We are still shooting because Wong Kar Wai is not usually a fast director," she said. "But I think the film will be released in the next year."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:32 pm    Post subject:

Anyone know what's stalling this film...if it's marketing strategy or actual production issues?
I wonder which of the three films we will see first. I wouldn't be surprised if 'Windseeker' were released first. It sounds like a smooth-sailing project.
Jamaica

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:30 pm    Post subject:

My guess, especially considering Tony's haircut, is that there are still scenes to be finished, unless Tony's just playing it safe. The word among the art-house crowd, for "The Grandmasters," trailer is one of excitement, but among wuxia fans it's, "been-there-done-that," the absolute opposite. Perhaps Kar-Wai wants to reshoot some fight scenes, now that Tony has been in practice even longer. The longer Kar Wai waits, the better, as with practice, Tony will only look more convincing. Anyway... I just have a feeling, Kar-Wai's not done shooting, yet, but we'll see....
   www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Tony Leung Movies All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 2 of 13

Jump to: