TONYLEUNG.INFO
THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)

THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD

A urban myth of Tony in 90s

www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Tony Leung Articles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Info

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:19 pm    Post subject: A urban myth of Tony in 90s

Dries Van Noten+Washing Machine+Tony Leung= Comme des Garcons Boiled Wool?

A urban myth about fashion and washing machine.

In the 90s, Rei Kawakubo, founder of Comme des Garcons invented a material called "Boiled Wool". It's basically to put wool fabric in hot water and wash it, to make it shrunk, deformed, lost color...to have an irregular effect. If mixed with other materials such as leather or plastic, there are even more possibilities. Since the effect is unpredictable, the damage rate is very high, so as the cost. And the supply very limited.

So what did Tony do?

According to rumour, it was an accident initally. Tony's domestic helper accidentally hit the hot water button when washing his favourite Dries Van Noten. The shirt shrunk and deformed. When Tony saw it, he liked it very much and thought to himself, wasn't this Comme des Garcons Boiled Wool? He immediately put a few more DVN into the washing machine, and hit the hot water button...

Rumour that the story was from Tony himself. I dare not to ask him the accuracy of the story, maybe you can ask him direct to confirm...hehe.

By Wyman Wong

Dries Van Noten+洗衣機+梁朝偉= Comme des Garcons Boiled Wool?

關於「時裝」與「洗衣機」的 urban myth一單。

話說川久保玲小姐於 90年代初發明了一種叫 Boiled Wool的驚世物料,即是將織好的羊毛布疋放入滾水之中煮呀煮煮呀煮,直到它們的組織都受到破壞而分解變形,便會出現不規則的厚薄、收縮、脫色和毛粒效果,如果混入其他材質如毛冷、皮革、塑膠一同洗濯,則又添其他可能性……但由於效果不能預計,所以折損率頗高,成本十分高昂,在 20年前的開發初期便要賣天價,屬可遇不可求的神級貨品,你肯付兩萬多元買一套西裝也得要搶才有的…… OK,以上這些有點 technical的東西有點悶親你了。好了, juicy的部份來啦。

既然真品難求,而有錢有面的人如梁朝偉買了真品之後也不見得特別威,那怎麼辦?當然是 DIY才勁過你哋啦!據說原來是意外,偉仔的工人有天洗衫時錯手按了熱水掣,把當年他心愛的一件 Dries Van Noten洗到縮了兩個碼不特止還歪零歪斜,偉仔一見那件爛衫,便一喜,穿上身,咦,這不是 Comme des Garcons的 Boiled Wool嗎?立即抌多三五件 DVN入洗衣機加到有咁熱得咁熱……

誰那麼大膽傳這種古仔出來,據說是梁朝偉自己喎Smile我不敢問當事人係咪呀,不如你們自己去問問他,給他一個親口澄清的機會吧,嘻嘻。

Text by 黃偉文

Source: http://wyman.etowns.net/weblog/
Tony

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:55 pm    Post subject:

that's not true , I did it on purpose , because the jacket is too big , & nothing related with commes ~
never believe gossips magazine ............
Safran

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:18 pm    Post subject:

Dear Tony,

Thank you for clarifying - Your version is really funny enough ! Laughing
Preparation for your role and practicing Wing Chun were so strenguous to loose so much weight ?

Maybe you have another offbeat idea for me, how to enlarge clothes ? Wink (when degrees go down in autumn, my kg go unfortunatly up Sad ) -
Otherwise, I could try if your method works contrariwise (enlarging) for my off the peg- clothes ????Wink

Best wishes and Take care !~
Helga

Have to edit: Saw too late that the story is from the 9Os already - uuups ! - sorry Grand Master, and forget my speculations:wink:
In The Mood For Leung

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:26 pm    Post subject:

Well, an actor isn't a great actor until an urban legend is attributed to him/her... Smile
   www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Tony Leung Articles All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: