TONYLEUNG.INFO
THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)

THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD

Any chance for an English album, Tony?

www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Communicate with Tony
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lishan627

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:27 am    Post subject: Any chance for an English album, Tony?

Hi Tony!!!

I have been listening to you singing English oldies for a couple of times in your movies such as "Crazy" and "Tell Laura I love her". I must say that I'm so impressed with your interpretation of the songs and I absolutely love them~ =)

I understand that your main focus now is in making movies but.. I would like to ask whether there's any chance you would consider recording an English album? Singing some classic English songs, perhaps?

-Li Shan-

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:10 am    Post subject:

sorry ......I don't think there will be any chance for an album , maybe soundtrack for movies : ) , who knows ?
Eri

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:42 pm    Post subject:

Dear Tony,

It will be nice if you can sing in English even if it is going to be a soundtrack for your movie. We are looking forward to listening to it in the future.

I think your voice is suited to sing in English, and I read in somewhere before that WKW once said "Only way to make Tony to sing without too much tension is to let him play a musician's role". Wink
So, it will be great, if you actually do that kind of role in the future.

Dear lishan627,

Thanks for the good question. Nice to know Tony's answer to this question.
lishan627

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:20 am    Post subject:

Dear Tony,

Thanks for your quick reply Smile I really hope that you do get a chance to sing English songs again in your upcoming movies~ I'm sure that many of your fans will be looking forward to it too =)

I agree with Eri that it will be interesting to see you play the role of a musician... As far as I know, you seldom play this kind of role, so perhaps it's a good opportunity to experience a different character!

By the way, I'm also quite curious whether you listen to English songs oftenly in your daily life... Perhaps, you like to sing along too? Wink

-Li Shan-

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:52 am    Post subject:

english songs ? ...... why not ???
lishan627

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:22 am    Post subject:

Tony wrote:
english songs ? ...... why not ???

Cool!Very Happy Do you have a particular favourite genre of music? I found myself developed a liking for soft and calm English oldies as I grow older~~

Have you ever listen to songs in foreign languages? Personally, I like Spanish songs and have learn a lot of new words from the lyrics.
Since you've been to Argentina for months when you shoot "Happy together", perhaps you had the chance to listen to the local music there? If you do, do you like them?

ps: Maybe... you can speak some simple Spanish as well? Wink

Cheers!

-Li Shan-

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:58 am    Post subject:

Dear Tony,

Do you like french music ?
We can listen one in the movie INCEPTION : "Non, je ne regrette rien » (singer : Edith Piaf). That is a old song !

dear all,

Do you know some french's singer or french's song ? ^^

A bientôt
mary

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:03 pm    Post subject:

Hi Tony

Hope someday you have the chance to make a new album or sing in one of your movies. Obviously I would love you to sing in English but would be happy to hear a new song from you in any language as your voice is magnificent coming from your heart and soul.

Hi Patricial

You asked did we know any french singers. I know of Edith Piaf Non, Je Ne Regrette Rien and La Vie En Rose. She was an iconic French singer, her music lives on even though she died so young. I've read a biography and seen a film about her. Her life was quite tragic but she sure had a great voice.

Serge Gainsbourg another iconic French singer his most famous song in my country being Je T'aime...moi non plus. His daughter Charlotte Gainsbourg also a singer but more famous here as an actress.

Vanessa Paradis had some acclaim here in the 90's with her songs Be My Baby and Joe Le Taxi, she has a lovely voice.

Sascha Distel was really famous here and in England during the 70's and 80's a very attractive looking man with a great voice, easy listening. His famous song being La Belle Vie...The Good Life. He also sang covers of other peoples songs, I liked his voice.

When I was a teenager during the 80's one of my favourite songs was Words by F.R. David it always brings back so many memories when I hear it. I later heard he was French, he only had the one hit here it went to number two in the charts I was always sad he never made number one.

That's everyone I can think of at the moment. I'm afraid no very up to date singers on my list. Who are your favourite singers? I'm sure Tony is on your list.

Best wishes...mary.
Patricial

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:15 am    Post subject:

Hi Mary,

Of course Tony is on my list (how do you know it ? Smile ) and exactly on my top list !! Wink I hope someday he can sing a french song but I think that was a dream !! Razz I think english song is more possible.

Edith Piaf was a great singer and unfortunely I could not see the last movie about her life with Marion Cotillard. Did you see this movie ?

Now, I think that is difficult for our singers singing french language to be famous out of France.

Vanessa Paradis always sing. I like her recent song "Divine idylle" and "Dès que j'te vois" :
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2pjow_vanessa-paradis-divine-idylle_music
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xbskgi_vanessa-paradis-des-que-j-te-vois_music

My favourite singers are :

- FOOL'S GARDEN (a germany group). Do you know them ?
- DIDO,
- ANDY LAU,
- CALOGERO is a french singer : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YO1LqqP9w3I
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tk6Em6av5xc&feature=related

- DAVID HALLYDAY: another french singer. His father Johnny Hallyday is an iconic singer in France. Do you know him ?
David sing with his sister : http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xbz2n2_laura-smet-david-hallyday-on-se-fai_music

- DREAMS COME TRUE : a japanese group

- I like a ireland group : The Corrs Wink

And you, who are your favourite singers ?

Best wishes
   www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Communicate with Tony All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: