TONYLEUNG.INFO
THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)

THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD

Tony's singing
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Get to know each other
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lishan627

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:42 am    Post subject: Tony's singing

Hi all~ I'm just wondering whether there's anyone among you all who love Tony's singing as much as his acting... I was very impressed when I listened to the theme song of "Infernal affairs" for the first time on radio~ I found the second male vocal pretty refreshing and nice without even realizing that it was my favourite actor who did the duet with Andy!!!

My favourite track is the theme song of "Sound of colours" by Tony and Miriam =) It's WONDERFUL!!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:24 am    Post subject:

Hi, lishan627
My favorite Tony's song is Unforgotten(你是如此难以忘记 ),It's Tony's old song but I like it very much and I set it as a ringtone on my mobile phone,too.
I like the theme song "Sound of colours" as well,It's beautiful song. Smile
lishan627

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:28 pm    Post subject:

Hi, hamberger362!
你是如此难以忘记 is certainly one of my favourites too! It's my favourite Mandarin song by Tony, followed by 一天一点爱恋 Smile My current ringtone is "Tell Laura I love her" by Tony... I love his English songs and I'm craving for more~~

ps: Are you 泰国华侨?I'm from Malaysia =)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:18 am    Post subject:

"Tell Laura I love her" The song is from Tony's movie(He ain't heavy,he's my father).I like this movie very much,it's a good movie.
ps.My family are chinese but I was born in Bangkok. Smile
Glad to know you on this forum. Do you live in Kuala Lumpur? I live in Bkk. Have you ever been to Thailand?
Safran

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:10 am    Post subject:

Hello lishan627 and Ham !
May I join your conversation?
I love Tony´s songs especially cause of his voice and soulful interpretation.
Though I do not know very much titles, I love his "This time is real" (Thank you Ham!) "Wind Sand", "The Name","Unforgotten" , "Blind Romance " and some of "ITMFL" OST.
One of the older ones, I like very much ( guess from 1994 ?) - I still do not know the Engl.title (chinese written only ) - May I send you Ham ? Perhaps you can tell me the engl. title ?

Best regards - and have a BEAUTIFUL WEEKEND !
Helga
lishan627

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:24 am    Post subject:

hamberger362 wrote:
"Tell Laura I love her" The song is from Tony's movie(He ain't heavy,he's my father).I like this movie very much,it's a good movie.
ps.My family are chinese but I was born in Bangkok. Smile
Glad to know you on this forum. Do you live in Kuala Lumpur? I live in Bkk. Have you ever been to Thailand?

Yeah.. I ripped it as a ringtone from a youtube video :p How I wish Tony has actually recorded the full song! It's a very touching movie... I absolutely love it!

Ohh.. I'm Chinese too and I was born in Malaysia =) Nice to meet you too~ I live in Selangor... very near to KL area Smile I've never been to Thailand but I'd love to do so in the future!

Cheers!

-Li Shan-

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:30 am    Post subject:

Safran wrote:
Hello lishan627 and Ham !
May I join your conversation?
I love Tony´s songs especially cause of his voice and soulful interpretation.
Though I do not know very much titles, I love his "This time is real" (Thank you Ham!) "Wind Sand", "The Name","Unforgotten" , "Blind Romance " and some of "ITMFL" OST.
One of the older ones, I like very much ( guess from 1994 ?) - I still do not know the Engl.title (chinese written only ) - May I send you Ham ? Perhaps you can tell me the engl. title ?

Best regards - and have a BEAUTIFUL WEEKEND !
Helga

Hi Helga! Of course you're most welcomed to join the discussion Smile Yesss I love the way he interpreted his songs... full of emotion! "This time is real" is a nice song and I love the MV showing Tony in the recording studio!

Tony has a really nice vocal... there's a song from the OST of Chinese Odyssey whereby he did a duet with Faye Wong... Basically 80% of the song is just pure "lalala.." and yet, he managed to make it sounds so good! =D I always love the chemistry between Faye and Tony!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:47 am    Post subject:

Hi, Helga welcome Smile
I already got email from you,I use google to translate it but it was the not completely meaning. Can I post the song's name(chinese name) on this topic? I think friends who know the chinese can help us to translate it.
Hi, lishan627
I've never been to Malaysia but I would like to visit there,too.
Safran

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:11 pm    Post subject:

Hello Li-Shan and Ham

--I like the funny duets of Tony and Faye in Chinese Odysse too.Smile

--Yes, not a problem at all, to ask our fellow fans if they know the English title of the song ( I did hear it in different versions - this take I liked most )

Our summer is changing to "late summer" at the moment and in a few weeks I will long for warmer regions - like you lucky both live. Sad

See you !
lishan627

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:04 pm    Post subject:

@Ham : It's funny both Malaysia and Thailand are situated just next to each other but both of us haven't got the chance to visit our neighbour country Wink Btw, I think it's a good idea to post the chinese name of the song that Helga mentioned here... I'm quite curious which song was she referring to Smile

Ps: Do you have msn?

Last edited by lishan627 on Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Eri

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:32 pm    Post subject:

Hello lishan627, hamberger362, and Helga,

Let me join. I also love Tony's songs.
I like his voice and his style of singing, easy but emotional.
Personally, I don't like singers who sing too enthusiastically which makes me tired of listening.

My favorite song is "You should have seen me" in "ITMFL mini album".
I really love Tony in MV of this song as well.

Helga,

Which song are you talking about ?
lishan627

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:16 pm    Post subject:

Hi Eri... nice to meet u Smile

Yes! I love his relaxed style when he sings a song =) Personally, I like his English and Cantonese songs the most! I haven't got the chance to watch the MV of "you should have seen me" though. My favourite MV is "This time is real" from the "Wind Sand" album cuz it shows different sides of Tony, eg when he was recording the songs, interacting with the fans etc =)

Cheers!

- Li Shan-

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:09 am    Post subject:

Hello Eri - glad to see you here again Very Happy
Hello again Li Shan and Ham

I am already curious about the English title of the song - surprised you did not know, cause you have much more knowledge of Tony´s "oevre" than me in Europe.
I do not know most of his older movies, so I often do not know whether a song, I find in internet is from a movie soundtrack ........or not.

Theree is another beautiful video/song I cannot find anymore on Youtube: - Tony remembering a bygone a love (?)- we can see a sad young woman, mentally sick (?) ......- If I remember correct, the colors and camera-style a bit Christofer "Doyle-ish".
Perhaps you know dear experts !Wink

Hope to see you soon again
Helga
hamberger362

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:43 am    Post subject:

Hi, Helga, lishan627 and Eri
Eri, Could you please translate the song's name in English? The song's name in chinese: 舊愛新傷.
Lishan,I love the mv "This time is real" ,too. I like to watch Tony on the different sides,he's very cute in this mv.
ps:I don't have msn. Smile
lishan627

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:05 am    Post subject:

Safran wrote:
Hello Eri - glad to see you here again Very Happy
Hello again Li Shan and Ham

I am already curious about the English title of the song - surprised you did not know, cause you have much more knowledge of Tony´s "oevre" than me in Europe.
I do not know most of his older movies, so I often do not know whether a song, I find in internet is from a movie soundtrack ........or not.

Theree is another beautiful video/song I cannot find anymore on Youtube: - Tony remembering a bygone a love (?)- we can see a sad young woman, mentally sick (?) ......- If I remember correct, the colors and camera-style a bit Christofer "Doyle-ish".
Perhaps you know dear experts !Wink

Hope to see you soon again
Helga

Hello Helga~
I'm actually in the process of searching for some old movies of Tony and watch them... I amlooking for VCD/DVD of "Blind romance" but till now I still couldn't find the movie in the local shops Sad

Hmm... let me take a wild guess.. perhaps the song that you're referring to is (从前)"Before" or "trapped for love" (为情所困)?

Here are the youtube links of the songs that I mentioned :

"Before" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNaT5uBdxjE

"trapped for love" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLKxnFsrw80

Hope the links are useful Smile
   www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Get to know each other All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: