TONYLEUNG.INFO
THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)

THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD

Tony, before you go to Freezing Northern China

www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Communicate with Tony
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eri

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:35 pm    Post subject: Tony, before you go to Freezing Northern China

for shooting snow scenes, I would recommend you these for you and other staffs. Wink These are very popular in Japan in winter season.

Bring a lot of ¥i贴·x宝宝(Heat Pads called "hokkairo" in Japanese) and ·x脚·x宝宝. These are very effective to keep you warm when you have to stay in cold places and you can't wear very heavy clothes, eg. for winter sport etc.

Have you used them when you were in skiing places in Japan?
I think there is no demand and maybe not available in HK, but you can get them in some big cities in China.

http://www.shanghai-kobayashi.com/changpin.asp?bigclass=1

I really hope you are not going to be freezing cold during shooting.
Please take special care ! Very Happy

Of course, we are all sending you our thoughts to warm you up as well. sunny

Last edited by Eri on Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Yuka

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:10 pm    Post subject:

As Eri said, you may already know about Hokkairo (adhesive hot plaster)when you were visiting Japan during winter season.
It lasts for about 5-8 hours and it’s unnoticeable. Wink (But be careful with a low temperature burn.)
I often use it even it’s not under -0C.
Hope you won’t be locked up in the snow for a long time ! Pray

Yuka
anny

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:47 pm    Post subject:

Dear Tony,

I think you may already know about Hokkairo and you may use it too.
I always use it recently. It is very useful and convenient.
If you feel too cold, its warmth may make you comfortable.

I can't imagine the coldness in your shooting places.
I'm worried you. But I only support you with my thought. I am sorry.
I wish you and all staffs's health and safety during shooting.
And I hope you take good care of yourself. Smile

anny Very Happy

Last edited by anny on Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:05 am; edited 2 times in total
Safran

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:44 am    Post subject:

Dear Tony

I see my Japanese friends gave you very helpful advices already -
Though we often have very cold winters here in Carinthia too, "Hokkairo" are more or less unknown - yet (Japanese are more innovative !)

For outdoor-shooting in thin, historic costumes, this might be THE absolut perfect solution!

.....and (when minus Degrees): Please do not forget a FAT cream (important: not humide at all - without water !) for your face and hands - not to freeze your skin.
I guess your Make-up Artist will know the best for you - and all members in the Team are Professionals - no doubt !

My extra Tip:
ONE (only one) big glass of "hot wine"- before shooting outside - warms up your body and soul !

Best wishes for warmer temperatures, and a short and successful shooting !

Helga
(at present under deep snow)
Yuka

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:59 pm    Post subject:

Hello Tony,
May be you already know or informed , US Outdoor Sportswear brand called PATAGONIA’s baselayers: “Capilene” series keeps you warm and dry. Made of stretch material and easy to move. I like their products.
http://www.patagonia.com/web/us/home/index.jsp?OPTION=HOME_PAGE&assetid=1704
(Company site )
http://www.patagonia.com/web/us/shop/skiing-snowboarding?slc=en_US&sct=US&k=3k
(products)
But I don’t think there’s a directly managed store in HK…???

Japanese casual wear shop UNIQLO’s (There’s a store in HK, too) underwear called Heattech may be effective, too.
I sometimes wear several layers of them (I wear them in double)Some of my friends laugh at me but it’s really warm.
May be too hot for climate of Japan Wink
http://www.uniqlo.com/hk/

Hi Helga,
I like hot-wine, too with many spices. When I’m refraining from drinking alcohol, I put grated ginger and honey In English tea(milk tea).
It'll warm you up, too. Very Happy
Eri

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:37 pm    Post subject:

Hello Tony and Everyone !

It has been quite mild winter in my area this year and I haven't used heater much (I haven't used "hokkairo" at all yet) up to now, however it was snowing a little (first time this winter) this morning so it is getting colder.

According to the world news, it seems to be colder than usual this winter in most places in the world especially in China and Europe, so I hope it doesn't make people's life harder.

Dear Helga,

Would you like to try "hokkairo" ? It is actually very good in the cold weather. I can send you some if you are interested in. (Sorry, if I sounds like promoting Japanese products. Laughing )
sparkles_n15

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:14 pm    Post subject:

Eri, can you send me a kotatsu? Heehee.

Jenny Very Happy
Eri

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:28 pm    Post subject:

Hello Jenny,

Do you like Kotatsu ? Laughing

I've got Table and Chairs Kotatsu (High Kotatsu) at home.
This looks like an ordinary table but warm air is blowing under the table, and very good when it is cold. Wink
Tony

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:18 pm    Post subject:

thank u so much ~
Tony

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:19 pm    Post subject:

thank u so much ~
Safran

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:32 am    Post subject:

Dear Eri, Yuko, Jenny, suellen........and all freezing guys

Dear Eri
I am used to our climate - But thank you very very much for your kind suggestion and offer !
More than hokkairo´s , I would like your traditional, cosy kotatsu ! - or - most of all: Tickets for HK............hahahaha

Dear Yuka
I currently use the "lip-balm with gold leaves"- Thanks, very good and useful !!

See you again in "Get to know each other"

Shooting Snowballs ! ooo
Helga ooooo
ooo
Eri

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:34 pm    Post subject:

Dear Tony,

I don't want to make you scared, but I think you must know about §CÊ^温¯g, and be prepared to prevent it.
It is very dangerous condition for anyone, but specially the person who is not so used to the very cold climate like you.
Basically, warm up the core of your body (not the extremities) seems to be the solution.
Please find out more when you have time.

§CÊ^温¯g
Hypothermia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypothermia

Prevention

Appropriate clothing helps to prevent hypothermia. Wearing cotton in chilly weather is a particular hypothermia risk as it retains water, and water quickly conducts heat away from the body. Even in dry weather, cotton clothing can become damp from perspiration, and chilly after the wearer stops exercising. Synthetic and wool fabrics provide far better insulation when wet and dry more quickly. Some synthetic fabrics, such as polypropylene and polyester, are used in clothing designed to wick perspiration away from the body, such as liner socks and moisture-wicking undergarments.

Alcohol consumption prior to cold exposure may increase one's risk of becoming hypothermic. Alcohol acts as a vasodilator, increasing blood flow to the body's extremities, thereby increasing heat loss. Ironically, this may cause the victim to feel warm while rapidly losing heat to the surrounding environment.
   www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Communicate with Tony All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: