TONYLEUNG.INFO
THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)

THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD

Hello dear guys, Wake up !
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Get to know each other
View previous topic :: View next topic  
francisc4

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 7:58 am    Post subject:

Dear Yuka,

i've watched Avatar 3D too, and for me its quite tiring. Because i must used the 3D glasses for almost 3 hours, so when i took off my glasses, i feel dizzy. Sad
FYI in indonesia we have Avatar 3D and 2D. But for 3D we dont have any subtitles at all, we only have indonesian subtitles on the 2D.

Nowaday we can see a lot of movies with messages environmental concern, global warming and save the planet. Such as Wall-E, Astro Boy, 2012, The Days after tomorrow, etc. I really hope that people will really understand the meaning of it, and not just watched it for the sake of entertainment only.. Crying or Very sad

BTW, i've watched Michael Jackson’s "This Is It" for 2 times on a large screen and I liked it very much. MJ is really a great entertainer. May he rest in peace.. Pray

Yuka, have u watched Sherlock Holmes? so what do u think? Computer

Cheers,
Cisca
Yuka

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 6:54 pm    Post subject:

Hi, Cisca,
Thank you for your reply.

I took 3D glasses on/off during the movie( I know I’m just acting like a little child ha-ha )to see how different it looks.
My eyes were tired with 3D, too, because you have to focus on near and far distance constantly.
As you say, there’re many movies which include environmental issues.
(may be taken up too easily because it appeals to mass audiences worldwide ) I hope it won’t end up just as a PR message.

I thought Avatar was fun (and tiring)watching with 3D, but I wasn’t impressed with the movie.
I think children (+some adults) will enjoy. (Sorry if any of you are a great fan of this movie.)
May be I watched “OUR DAILY BREAD” on DVD a few weeks ago(German-Austria 2005 documentary film),
although genre is totally different ,which really made me think.... 500 times more than Avatar.

I think even if you are not particularly M.J.’s fan, you can enjoy THIS IS IT. Very Happy
When my friends told me they have watched more than 5-6 times, I thought they’re
crazy(ha-ha), but now I understand . He is a great entertainer and a very good producer.
I think this movie shows people around him well. And more than that, you can just enjoy his music. Wink

Cisca, have you already watched Sherlock Holmes?
I have to wait until March to see it in Japan Crying or Very sad I saw the trailer in theater.
It’s Guy Rirtchie’s , so must be different from classic novels or British TV series image we have on Holmes and Watson. Wink

Yuka
francisc4

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:24 am    Post subject:

Hi Yuka,
i haven't watched Sherlock Holmes yet, but i'm going to watch it tomorrow.. Wink

i will let u know what i think about the movie..
and u're right, it’s Guy Ritchie's.. so it must be very different from the classic novels or British TV series image we have on Holmes and Watson. Especially since the actors are Robert Downey Jr. and Jude Law. Very Happy

Cheers,
Cisca
sparkles_n15

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 6:25 pm    Post subject:

Sorry, I had to join this conversation when I read Sherlock Holmes! I saw it today (no Boxing Day shopping for me!), and it was soooo good! A bit darker than what I thought Sherlock Holmes would be, but the storyline was intriguing and it moved at a good pace. Plus all the characters were absolutely hilarious, especially Holmes. I'm never one to watch a movie on opening weekend, but I'm glad I saw this one. Very Happy

Jenny
Yuka

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:27 am    Post subject:

Hello Jenny !!

SOOOO GOOD? I have to put Sherlock Holmes in my movie list 2010 Computer so that I won't forget .
Thank you Wink
Safran

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:24 pm    Post subject:

Dear Yuka and movie fellow fans !

I am reading your interesting messages and dialogues daily, but at the moment I am too busy for detailed comments (Full House !)- only want to send you a link to "Our Daily Bread" - Doku ("sets a new house record in Tokyo" )

http://www.unsertaeglichbrot.at/ (klick "engl. Version")

With Friendly Greetings
X-masgoose Helga

PS
have you already watched:

Jessica Hausners "Lourdes" (A) ?

or
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0810784/ ?

or my next European movies:
"Stephen Frears "Cheri" and Fatih Akin´s Soul-Kitchen" ?

http://www.cheri-derfilm.de/
http://www.soul-kitchen-film.com/
Yuka

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:00 am    Post subject:

Hi Helga and everyone,

For those who haven't watched "Our Daily Bread," and if you dare to try it,
it's really heavy(but something we should know or realize.....)
Please don't watch before your dinner or when you're depressed.(I warned you!)
With almost no sound or conversation, the effect is enormous.

I like Fatih AKin 's works very much ,especially,"Gegen die Wand"(my favorite!! Smile Smile ) and " Auf der anderen Seite."
I'd like to watch his latest one, too. (Soul Kitchen was introduced in German Filmfestival in Tokyo this year.
I didn't have chance to see it.) I think he's one of the very talented young directors in Germany.

Because Japanese distribution is late in release schedule compared to other overseas markets for
marketing and promotional reason, I don't know whether movies you mentioned are coming or not. Crying or Very sad
I know ”Lourdes” has been selected for many international film festivals in 2009 and received very good reviews.
I 've only watched "Lovely Rita" from Jessica Hausner. I liked it. Smile

Jane Campion ,Fatih Akin and Stephen Frears are well known here in Japan, too, so i hope
some distributors already bought film rights in advance.

Thank you for your recommendations!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
My movie list for 2010 is already getting longer.

Happy holidays to you all !

Yuka
Paul

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:38 pm    Post subject:

I saw Sherlock Holmes today and I have to say I really enjoyed it. I thought they did justice to the character of Holmes. I have always been a fan of the British TV Granada series starring Jeremy Brett and still consider Brett to be 'my' Holmes. Even though this film has a more action orientated Holmes I think it doesn't stray too far from the character and I'd rank Downey's Holmes up there with Brett and Peter Cushing.
francisc4

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:13 am    Post subject:

Dear Yuka,

I've just watched Sherlock Holmes, and I think its one of the best movies in 2009. thumbright

The phase is quite fast and there's almost no time for us to think. And its a bit darker than what I thought about Sherlock Holmes. Think

But its really good. I really enjoyed it. Robert Downey Jr. and Jude Law are really doing a good job. Applause

Cheers,
Cisca
Yuka

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:08 pm    Post subject:

Hello Cisca and Paul,

Thank you for your comments!!! Very Happy Can't wait to see Sherlock Holmes!!!
Paul , I hope you're having a good time with your family and friends in
your hometown Wink

Yuka Waving
Paul

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:41 pm    Post subject:

Thanks Yuka,

Nice to be Home. Weather isn't as welcoming though. Seems every day it's frost or rain and wind and I just looked out my window now and the place is blanketed in snow!
Safran

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:22 am    Post subject:

Dear Paul -

Wish you a pleasant time at home further on and a safe flight back to your beautiful adopted country !

Happy New Year !
Helga
katwoman64

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:12 pm    Post subject:

Hi Ladies and Gentleman,

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
I'm late, I know, but I had a bug in all the three laptops of the family and felt it best not to try your pc's - or the forum system luck.

About Avatar, it will be out here on january 15. I am sure I saw the cartoon characters somewhere before, but I can't say exactly where. Is it possible in Eragon? The books were great, the film was not even having Jeremy Irons in the cast, so it hadn't a great success.

About Sherlock Holmes, it was fun and fast paced, but it was not so good. More it was saved by a bunch of really gifted actors. It is not a film that you remember afterwards, but good while you are digesting one of the monumental lunches of the Christmas days.

Mary, welcome back!
Christmas is what you make of it. If you are a very material girl, that will be Christmas for you. If your values are different, whatever surrounds you will be painted in an unconsumistic (does this word even exist?) light Wink .
My daughter gave me a new wallet. What I had was 25 years old, and I had bought it at a mail order. Very Happy

So, that's all for now.

A big hug & kiss, wishing you all the best
Mimma

Sadako Sasaki
mary

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:54 pm    Post subject:

Hi Kat

Good to see you back.

Unconsumistic - a great word, we should put it in the dictionaries.

Yes - Christmas is what you make of it. I have fond memories of all my Christmasses and have kept souvenirs from most years. They are like old friends when you unwrap them and place them round the house, happy memories. I rarely buy new things now for Christmas unless I'm on holiday and it's a memory of my time away. I am a consumer but am not consumed by products. I don't always enjoy shopping as it's usually just for needs sake rather than wanting new versions of this and that, like most of my generation we make things last.

I enjoy gift giving (nothing better than surprising loved ones with the perfect gift) but like most people I don't make Christmas all about buying presents. This year me and my family decided on very small gifts so we could use our money instead to take a trip together.

As you get older and hopefully wiser your priorities become clearer, we intend to spend more time together create more special memories. Well we are not perfect so we will probably argue and debate as all families do but at least we will be on holiday (haven't decided when or where yet - probably involve heated discussions). The main thing is we care about eachother and care about spending time together.

Happy New Year...best wishes mary.

P.S. Glad your daughter bought you a new wallet after 25 years think you deserve one. I thought I kept things a long time but you've beaten me there. It must have been the best of quality to last that long.
katwoman64

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:25 pm    Post subject:

Hi Mary,
Yes, if you and your family keep spending time together, if you know each other, well, that is the best Christmas for me. About traveling together, uh, that's quite a feat! Just imagine to put a bunch of talkative, well opinionated people to agree to the same trip destination!!!!!!!!!! Shocked
Gosh, I am just thinking to my family...............brrrrrrrrrr!

About my wallet, it was leather but not designer stuff. I am delicate with objects, they tend to grow old with me. But that goes with the fact that I don't buy much, go for a good quality and, not having a large home, don't want to clog my cupboards.

Ok, hope you will decide for a new beautiful trip like the one to Poland-
For now, Happy Epifany (do you celebrate it in Ireland? Here, on night of January 6, an old lady comes, like Santa, through the chimney and lets fruit and candies and small toys to children in a sock left on the mantlepiece)!
Kiss
Mimma
Mimma

Sadako Sasaki
   www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Get to know each other All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: