TONYLEUNG.INFO
THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)

THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD

Hello dear guys, Wake up !
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Get to know each other
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eri

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:58 pm    Post subject:

Dear Helga,

Don't worry, I can understand how you feel.
We are hoping the best for the younger generations and worried about their future sometimes.
Still, I will be having happy family gathering at Christmas and New year, although it is me who have to do all the cooking. Very Happy

Warm up yourself with some drinks with your daughters ! In Love Drunken
Yuka

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:37 am    Post subject:

No need to apologize, Helga,
although i don't have to cook for the gatherings or parties, i feel the blues all the time .(ha-ha)
May be it's just an endless repetition of raison d'etre in my mind like why am I here, why am I doing this ..etc.etc.

Please enjoy your holidays with your lovely daughters !!
Hope you'll smile when you see my Xmas card. Wink
Safran

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:06 am    Post subject:

Thank you my dear friends !

Every winter the same "Blues" - should know life better, meanwhile.

Kisses for your warm and heartly "cheering-up" !
(Dreaming and remembering my wonderful experiences of 2009 - helps too)

*** Wish you - from all of my heart - a happy and merry time ! ***

Warm Hugs to you
Helga
Paul

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:35 pm    Post subject:

Christmas to me is always a family time, or a time to think about family and friends.

It's been a few years since I spent Christmas with my family. I was supposed to be going back to visit Ireland next week but I am flying on British Airways which might be going on strike next week.

How's that for Christmas Blues Razz
Safran

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:30 pm    Post subject:

Oh Paul, poor friend !

Wish you the best for your "Family and Friends-Christmas-Visit " - and hope you´ll have no problems with your flight home (still?) to Ireland.

If there are delays cause of the strike, please take a "survival package"with you:
A warm parker, a pillow, some good music and literature, a bottle of sake and------------------ patience !

However: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year - for you and your beloved !

And - Good Luck !
Helga

PS
More or less my "Blues" has gone - "With a little help of my friends "! -Thanks
Paul

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:11 am    Post subject:

Thank you, Helga.

Good news for me at least. The strike is off for the moment as it was declared illegal due to mistakes in the balloting. So it should give me enough time to get back home before they can make another voting on it.
Yuka

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:40 pm    Post subject:

Hi Paul,
Strike in this Christmas season?
I hope you can fly home safely !!
Please enjoy your Christmas vacation Very Happy
katwoman64

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:28 am    Post subject:

Hi to everyone!!!! rendeer rendeer rendeer

I was out of the forum because:
had my deadline for job
waited my daughter back from England
harvested my olives
changed pieces of furniture here in Rome and and in the countryhome
cut and reduced in size several bushes (and disposed of the branches)
fought the Christmas traffic jam and
- Paul, Europe is under the worst blanket of snow in centuries, have you gone safely home? Hope so. -
Then, WHAM! Christmas is on us and we are all busy shopping.

Christmas is a very ancient celebration, it goes way before the Christian religion: it was a romain celebration, the Celebration of Light, because the days before Christmas are the darkest of the whole year. After Chrismas days start to grow longer and longer.

Two considerations:
1- If war is a product of men, how comes that we all claim to hate it and keep fighting?
2- Being the celebration of a birth, it is normal that we focus on children, in the effort to make them believe in a better, lighter, innocent world. They are the keeper of our bigger hopes. They are the future, and our responsability.

With this, Merry merry merry Christmas to you all!!! santa santa santa

From Italy with Love In Love
Mimma
P.S.: have to say, I have to go to Ravenna, at my sister in law's, to spend Christmas with hub's family. I still don't know if I can go, because trains, airplanes and roads are blocked or unsafe. Pray A total mess. Meanwhile I have prepared a monumental turkey. Whatever happens, we will not starve to death!!! Wink

Sadako Sasaki
Yuka

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:27 am    Post subject:

Hello everyone,

Nice to see you back, Kat.
Please enjoy your Christmas vacation!! Your Christmas turkey makes me hugry. Very Happy

Although I don't have Xmas holidays , my cousins will be back from the U.S. every year for winter vacation,
so I'll be busy showing them around Tokyo. They will be suprised to see (and I'm sure they'll laugh)
many people lining up for Abercrombie&Fitch in Ginza,Tokyo, 1st Flagship store in Asia.

BTW, I just got back from watching "Avatar" few minutes ago. I felt like watching a some kind of Disneyland attraction.
I thought last half was mixture of Transformer, Terminator, The Lord of the Ring, S.W.,etc. Very Hollywood. With a lots
of budget, technologies and ideas.
Now I understand why this film was invited for Tokyo International Film Festival for promotion this year.
One of the messages of this film is environmental concern, and TIFF tries to implement various programs under the
theme "ecology" (Actually movie is much focused on cross cultural tolerance, co-existence and co-prosperity etc.etc. You
can interpret in many ways.....)

But it was fun than I expected watching with 3D glasses. Cool ( Your eyes will be tired because
it's quite long. 162minutes) Is this in 3D in each country ???????
With 3D , I thought I could touch the subtitles....because it pops up right in front of you. Cool (ha-ha)
For non-Japanese speakers , subtitles may be blocking their view.
I hope some day, we can have 3D glasses with multilingual subtitles and at the same time
we can choose ON/OFF. Wink

Yuka
mary

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:11 pm    Post subject:

Hi Helga and everyone

I was away from the forum for a while. For most of November I was working. For most of December I wasn't. I've been in Christmas mode since the start of December (I know a bit early), but I had friends from England visiting so we made their stay as fun as possible. Since then I've been busy going to different Christmas functions for a change my calendar has been full. I even managed to fit in an overnight stay in London, last week before the bad weather set in. It was a very cheap flight so hand luggage only but still managed to buy a little, some stocking fillers. A quick trip that me and my family enjoyed.

The temperature here has dropped, cold but bright days, freezing icy nights. We had a bit of snow but so far England and Scotland have got the worst. Their airports, trains and roads in chaos.

Christmas has become very commercial here in Ireland. It sneaks into shops by September and is in full flow by Halloween. It's hard for everyone to keep their values as we could all get caught up in the commercial side. I'm like a big kid I love giving gifts but try not to make Christmas just about this.

For me Christmas is about family and friends and doing fun things. The winter can be long (personally I like the seasonal dark nights but come spring I'm ready for brightness...being fair skinned hot summer is not my favourite season...not that we get many of these in Ireland). I enjoy meeting up with everyone during the whole of December, unfortunately most of these meetings involve seasonal food and drink so my waistline suffers by the end of December I resemble Mrs Claus.

I've taken some time out to catch up with everyone on the forum. I'm here with all my Chritmas lights twinkling and the Christmas candles flickering, my living room is a bit like Santa's Grotto, but who cares I have a nice hot port and mince pie by my side (yes, eating and drinking again). It's the early hours of Christmas Eve and I was doing last preperations as I am cooking for family which I enjoy. I'm no great cook but do my best and we enjoy ourselves, that's the main thing.

Best wishes...mary.

Last edited by mary on Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
mary

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:31 pm    Post subject:

Hi Paul

Hope you enjoy being back home in Ireland. I admire anyone who has the nerve to move to a new country. You've made Tokyo your home but I'm sure you miss family, have a wonderful Christmas..best wishes..mary.
mary

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:46 pm    Post subject:

Hi to everyone on the forum

Just want to wish you all
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
Best wishes...mary
Yuka

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:23 am    Post subject:

Hi Mary and everyone,

mary wrote:

Christmas has become very commercial here in Ireland. It sneaks into shops by September and is in full flow by Halloween. It's hard for everyone to keep their values as we could all get caught up in the commercial side. I'm like a big kid I love giving gifts but try not to make Christmas just about this.

Christmas has been very commercial here in Japan. As you say through media , only commercial side such as expensive gifts,
dinners and hotels are spotlighted. We tend to forget what we are celebrating for. Crying or Very sad
Most of corporations here in Japan will not be closed until Dec.30,
so I have to refrain from drinking just a little bit before New Year’s Eve. Ha-ha

BTW, last night I watched Michael Jackson’s "This Is It"(I guess many of you must have already watched.)
I recommend to watch it on a large screen and good audio system. I liked it very much.
I felt a shiver run through my spine .( Not that I’m getting a cold.. Wink )

Have a wonderful Christmas holiday!!
Safran

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:10 pm    Post subject:

Hello Mary,

Glad to see you back again - better do not worry about your figur now at Christmas time - it´s the time of joy, so do enjoy !

Best wishes and much fun for the further Holidays -
Helga
francisc4

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 7:43 am    Post subject:

Dear All,

May all the blessing of the season shine upon u...
May the spirit of Christmas bring u peace,
The gladness of Christmas give u hope,
The warmth of christmas grant u love.

Best wishes for a bright and beautiful Christmas..

Warm regards,
cisca santa
   www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Get to know each other All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: