TONYLEUNG.INFO
THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)

THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD

Dear Soul-Actor !
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Communicate with Tony
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tony

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:39 am    Post subject:

I feel so sorry for all those who got injured : (
really don't know what to say , how can someone do this to other's ??????
CRAZZZZZZZY ~
Safran

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:18 am    Post subject:

Dear Tony,

You say it absolute right !

I think only mentally disturbed persons can do such things - and we will never be able to prevent such badluck totally - unfortunately.

To beautiful, warm Hongkong - with love !
Helga
leng

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:30 pm    Post subject:

i hope these people are arrested soon. They make the whole place seem so scary. Really evil of them to do this to innocent passer-by. Cant the police give a reward or something to nab these pp, there must hv been pp who know who did those nasty attacks.

Wai, take good care and avoid those places like what Helga advised.

Love,
Leng
sparkles_n15

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:31 am    Post subject:

Sorry to hear of the attacks. I hope everyone stays safe and the police will make an arrest soon.

Suellen, twenty years of living in Canada doesn't mean I actually like the cold! However, I'd take that over getting heatstroke in HK during the summer. Razz

Olympics are starting in a month! That's the only thing I'm looking forward to in the winter. *Canadian spirit*
katwoman64

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:14 am    Post subject:

Hi Tony,

Have to say that I can't even start to imagine what -30°C can be.

Hope everithing's going to be all right.

Just to comfort you, remeber that after few hours in a cold environment our bodies adapt themselves to the climate. Plus, I don't think you will shoot during a blizzard.

And that we have technical wear now, and heaters, and all sorts of comforts, that forty years ago IPman had not, and still people survived.

When there is a problem coming our way, better to look at the positive things! Wink

A Big Hug & Kiss, be careful
Mimma

P.S.: About the Acid Attacker, every country has its quote of crazy people. Not only it is sad because of the innocent people that are hurted by them, but, if you think all the discomfort of the controls the normal airplane users have to be subjected because of the terrorists and start to hate them from the bottom of your heart.

Sadako Sasaki
Tony

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:37 pm    Post subject:

Dear Kat , nothing makes any different from 40yrs ago to the time being when u are shooting outdoor with the costumes : (
Eri

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:47 pm    Post subject:

Dear Tony,

Please don't be too pessimistic. Sad
Some of our suggestions should help a little al least, I hope.
But I can understand how you feel, I can't imagine −30 degree C.

Dear Kat,

I guess there is a limit on how big difference body can adapt to the climate.
It must be too much for a tropical boy like Tony to be in the Freezing Icy land. Crying or Very sad

We just have to wish it doesn't take too long, otherwise Tony will need to be defrosted after shooting. Shocked
leng

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:02 am    Post subject:

Hey time for good news.

Police has arrested 2 who are responsible for acid attacks in causeway bay last month, that injured 6. Those responsible for mong kok and yau ma tei attacks are still at large though.

Leng
katwoman64

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:23 am    Post subject:

Hi!

Leng, thanks for the wonderful news!

Eri, you won't believe what a human body has the power to adapt to.

My dear, dear Tony.
I know, it's hard. The breathe burning in your lungs, your limbs that feel rigid and frozen, you'll come close to think that your nose is going to crash down on the floor. Even your brain freezes, and acting, with blue lips, has to be close to impossible. Believe me, I never experienced a similar situation, but that doesn't mean that I am not sympathetic nor I meant to demean your feat.

Even so, whenever I have ugly, difficult things to do, I often think: my mother (or my father, or my grandparents) did it, and she (he, they) had no comfort or anything. I have to do it, just not to put shame on them!

And, when I know that there is nothing to do to change a situation, I think is better to think positive. I accept my fate... gracefully.

Try on all the beautyful things our japanese friends adviced you to, wear silk underwear (better than wool AND invisible), imitate the clothes and food and drinks of the people of that place. Keep electric covers ready to put over you between shoots and hot drinks.
I am sure that Wong Kar Wai is aware that your wife, your colleagues and you can't shoot for long, so he will think something to make the experience survivable.

Focus on the marvelous film you're going to do, after such a long and painful training.

And at a moment, I am sure, you will look around you, to the impossible environment you are in. And that you managed to survive to. Just. And you will just see the sheer beauty of the place, the stark naked contrasts of the black and the whites, the silence, the wind swishing around you. The scent of the ice and snow. And you will feel lucky.

Be extra careful. Try to enjoy this new challenge. Feel all the warmth from your friends and fans. We're sending our best, strongest warmth vibes.

Be Happy (per order of Doctor Kat)

From the safety of the 12°C Italy with Love, Wink
Giving a kiss
Mimma

Sadako Sasaki
suellen

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:16 pm    Post subject:

HK fans,

I'm glad some of the perpetrators were found - I'm sure that acid burns are difficult to recover from both physically and psychologically.

Mr. Tony,

You would think that the production team would have some alternative plan in case of this extreme cold weather...doesn't the cold affect the sound and visual equipment?

Jenny,
I wouldn't survive a summer in HK. I need cool weather like Vancouver weather, but BC is so far, it might as well be at the other end of the world, even during the Olympics...Go Canuks go...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:30 pm    Post subject:

Wai,

You can try to see if filming indoors is possible, then you can turn on more heaters. Leave the outdoors filming for another place that is more conducive or on days where the weather is more bearable. Think that can help??

Love
Leng
katwoman64

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:21 am    Post subject:

Well Tony,
the situation is so hard.
Even so, after such a long, painful (broken arm) wait, you can't really stop now.

It's very much like giving birth, and every forum member that has done it- been there can say so: no matter the pain, when you're there you know that there's no going back. You just have to go on and on. You feel that you're going to die from pain, and still keep pushing (and crying, shouting, swearing) on. Someone cuts you (without anesthesia) or lacerate and still you keep going. But you never, ever loose focus on the very matter: your baby.

You know why we keep doing it once, twice or tryce? Because we have a mechanism, in our brain, that get us forget everything. Endorphins of joy for the results.....................

A Big, Warm Hug & Kiss
Mimma

Sadako Sasaki
mary

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:39 am    Post subject:

Hi

Hope the acid attacks have stopped. I've been reading about the attacks since hearing of them on the news. As you wrote Tony - crazy

Actually it's more than crazy, pure evil. An evil most of us don't understand. Sometimes I despair of human beings, when evil things like this occur in any part of the world. It makes me ashamed of belonging to the human race I feel really discouraged.

I shouldn't be ashamed or discouraged as most of us are decent people just trying to get through our lives as best we can without hurting others. I'm absolutely no saint but would never hurt anyone in this way.

As human beings we should try to counteract such evil by doing acts of kindness. It doesn't have to be anything big just small things make a difference. Maybe help carry someones heavy bags when we see them struggle. Hold the door open for the person behind us. Give up our seat on busy transport for a needier person. Let somone in a rush go before us in a queue.

Not only show a little kindness to strangers but also to loved ones. Give them a hug or a kiss for no reason at all.

Even on this forum you and your fans counteract evil with the kind words and messages posted to eachother. We don't want to hurt others just enjoy communicating with eachother in a positive manner as decent human beings.

Hope those affected by the attacks in Hong Kong will be ok but I suppose it will take time physically and emotionally. My thoughts are with them.

Hope the filming in cold temperatures is going well, I can't imagine such cold. As I've already posted you really do suffer for the sake of your art. Always doing your best for your team and the audience. I'm sure your willpower shall get you through this tough challenge.

Take care, sending you more warm thoughts to keep the chill out...best wishes...mary.
Safran

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:13 am    Post subject:

Dear Tony

Has shooting in "freezing compartement" of China begun yet ?

With our mind we are all with you - already warming ? Chin up and Good Luck !

Helga
   www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Communicate with Tony All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: