TONYLEUNG.INFO
THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)

THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD

Halloween Anyone?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Communicate with Tony
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mlsyang

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:23 am    Post subject: Halloween Anyone?

Hi Tony and everyone else!

I hope everyone is well. Just wondering, it's almost Halloween in the U.S. and I was just thinking about asking this question:

If you could be anything during Halloween, who/what would you be? Animal? Cartoon character? Etc..etc...

This question applies to everyone...not just Tony... Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:28 pm    Post subject:

aww hehe. i wish i could trick or treating. i havent gone in 2 years! Sad
but honestly...if i were to go this year, i'd probably be like....Tigger. from Winnie the Pooh. XP
qqshao

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:55 pm    Post subject:

oh, now I'm old for the trick or treating thing. But every year I go to the New York's Greenwich Village Halloween Parade, which is the largest celebration of its kind in the world.
mary

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:11 am    Post subject:

Hi mlsyang

As a kid I loved Halloween, the evening always started by going to the local bonfire. Then trick or treating or going to a party dressed up as a witch wearing homemade false faces. We would play games such as dunking our heads in tubs of water for apples, hands tied behind your back. I loved the toffee apples and homemade apple tarts with hidden money then later sit round the fire while listening to ghost stories, happy times.

Now, I'm a little too old for trick or treating but I still love to see the kids all dressed up. I love this time of year Autumn is lovely, frosty mornings and evenings with clear skies so you can nearly count the stars. If I'm going to a Halloween party this year I will go as a happy spirit/ghost.

Halloween here years ago was about ghosts and ghouls but now in the shops we see more pumpkins and things to do with harvest time. I like the mixture of both. We are becoming a little like America and dressing up our houses as well as ourselves at Halloween. The one time when I visited the US, New York and Boston was at Halloween. Central Park had a wonderful pumpkin festival and everyone in Boston had decorated the outside of their houses a time of the year enjoyed by everyone.

What would you dress up as Mlsyang? hope you have a good Halloween.
Best wishes...mary.

Last edited by mary on Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:49 am; edited 1 time in total
mary

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:43 am    Post subject:

Hi mlsyang

As a kid I loved Halloween, the evening always started by going to the local bonfire. Then trick or treating or going to a party dressed up as a witch wearing homemade false faces. We would play games such as dunking our heads in tubs of water for apples, hands tied behind your back. I loved the toffee apples and homemade apple tarts with hidden money then later sit round the fire while listening to ghost stories, happy times.

Now, I'm a little too old for trick or treating but I still love to see the kids all dressed up. I love this time of year Autumn is lovely, frosty mornings and evenings with clear skies so you can nearly count the stars. If I'm going to a Halloween party this year I will go as a happy spirit/ghost.

Halloween here years ago was about ghosts and ghouls but now in the shops we see more pumpkins and things to do with harvest time. I like the mixture of both. We are becoming a little like America and dressing up our houses as well as ourselves at Halloween. The one time when I visited the US, New York and Boston was at Halloween. Central Park had a wonderful pumpkin festival and everyone in Boston had decorated the outside of their houses a time of the year enjoyed by everyone.

Best wishes...mary.
mlsyang

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:32 am    Post subject:

mary wrote:
Hi mlsyang

Best wishes...mary.

Hi Mary,

Thank you and everyone else for responding.

Yes, I am too, a little too old to go trick-or-treating. I remember those days when my younger brothers and I would dressed up in costumes and go around the neighborhood with our cousins to get delicious candies. Now, as a dietitian, I still want to have candy for halloween, but maybe less. LOL.

Well, this year, my friends and I are going to dress up as Playboy Bunnies. We will be attending the Highland's Club Playboy Halloween Party in L.A. I think it will be fun! Razz

P.S. - Message to Tony: How is the film coming along? Hope things are well. Happy Halloween!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:46 am    Post subject:

For Halloween I'd like to be the Joker. The clown prince of crime seems perfect for Trick or Treating.

I used to be a Vampire when I was a child but now my current lifestyle resembles that too closely so no difference....
cutiepie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:09 am    Post subject:

Happy Halloween everyone! My son will dress up as a transformer this year.

Mary, it is interesting to read your memory. I heard that originated from religion, Halloween was first observed by the Celts in some places in Europe like Ireland and Scotland as early as 500 BC. Anyway I want to let you know that I am often touched by your writngs because they always present a great sense of understanding and being considerate, this is so nice.
mlsyang

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:20 am    Post subject:

Paul wrote:
For Halloween I'd like to be the Joker. The clown prince of crime seems perfect for Trick or Treating.

I used to be a Vampire when I was a child but now my current lifestyle resembles that too closely so no difference....

Really? Your current lifestyle resembles the life of a vampire? Interesting. Last year, I was a witch and my boyfriend was the joker. Have fun dressing up as the Joker.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:51 pm    Post subject: halloween

We celebrate Halloween in Canada too. One of my sons will be "Darth Vader" which is kinda funny since he is opposite to Darth Vader in every way and my other son is going as "Superman" which suits him well since he is strong willed/stubborn and can throw his weight around. We go to a few houses in our neighborhood and collect candy in a container and hopefully wait till we get home to eat them!
suellen.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:15 am    Post subject:

mlsyang wrote:
Paul wrote:

Really? Your current lifestyle resembles the life of a vampire? Interesting.

I sleep very late. Even if I'm tired I can't sleep until the early hours of the morning, for some reason I'm more awake at night.
francisc4

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:10 pm    Post subject:

Hi mlsyang,
for Halloween I think I'd like to be a Butterfly Lovers. thumbright

Hi Paul,
you also have a difficulty in sleeping?
I also sleep very late everyday. And just like u, even if I'm tired I can't sleep until 2-3am in the morning. I think I'm having more energy at night.
So every night I'm watching news on tv or watching movies until I fall a sleep. Wink

Cheers,
Cisca
mlsyang

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:09 pm    Post subject:

francisc4 wrote:
Hi mlsyang,
for Halloween I think I'd like to be a Butterfly Lovers. thumbright

Hi Paul,
I also sleep very late everyday. And just like u, even if I'm tired I can't sleep until 2-3am in the morning. I think I'm having more energy at night.
So every night I'm watching news on tv or watching movies until I fall a sleep. Wink

Cheers,
Cisca

Butterfly lovers? That's awesome! How will be your partner...or lover? So, difficulty sleeping huh? Did you know that there are a lot of research out there in regards to lack of sleep and the risks/health complications involved? For example, 2-3 nights of improper sleep quality can put you at risk for developing resistance to insulin? Scary huh?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:27 am    Post subject:

Hi cutiepie

Thank you for your kind words.
Best wishes...mary.
Paul

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:14 am    Post subject:

francisc4 wrote:

Hi Paul,

Weird huh? Wonder what causes it. Same as me, I'm watching movie or reading or running at night.

mlsyang wrote:

Did you know that there are a lot of research out there in regards to lack of sleep and the risks/health complications involved? For example, 2-3 nights of improper sleep quality can put you at risk for developing resistance to insulin? Scary huh?

2-3 nights? I'm on 2-3 years. Brick wall
I heard too much coffee (another thing i'm a big offender of) can also make you resistant to insulin.
   www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Communicate with Tony All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: