TONYLEUNG.INFO
THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)

THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD

Film-Festival-Calender - to add
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Random Thoughts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yuka

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:09 am    Post subject:

Hello Helga,
I don’t think (& I can’t say )those Japanese films are boring,because I haven’t watched them myself.
This is good opportunity to remind me that there are many films that I haven’t watched. Wink
I’m sure you’ve already watched more Japanese films than I do.
I went to the DVD(rental) shop in Roppongi and checked the original title of the movie in Japanese,
because I didn’t know which one is which. Ha-ha.
( I also found there’re more than 10 copies of Italian Vogue in 2 different covers left in the same shop.)
Have a safe trip and please enjoy the festival! Very Happy

Hi Kat,
Very happy to hear you’ll have chance to see Red Cliff in Rome on a large screen!!!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Hope you’ll have a chance to see it at the Rome Film Festival. And If not, at least in your closest theater.
In Japan, Tokyo International FF tickets are sold out in seconds at online. Shocked
Safran

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:53 am    Post subject:

Hello Yuka

Thank you for the good wishes for the festival.
Have only little time at the moment - so only a short message:

20(!) tickets reserved in 2 theaters - a movie maraton (3-4 films only on afternoon and evening/night in 2 cinemas ! )
Some are overlaping with others, so I could not always choose exactly what I wanted. The days will be long and I hope for good weather for my long walks in this old Universitytown.
The tickets for the Premiere Gala and last festival day with Award (and showing the winner movie )- I HAVE GOT FREE !

Who knows how pale and shocked I ´ll come back - hahaha - I will report

Cordial Greetings - and mata ne !
Helga

BTW
If you are interested:
Our President Fischer was in Japan right now - opening of 2 exhibitions: "Schätze der Habsburger "(our former Royal Family)in the National Art Center and "Kunst in Wien um 1900" in the Takashima (sponsored from Yomiuri Shimbun) - Some Rarities - treasures of our former Emperor in the Art Center like: Velasquez, Dürer, Tizian, and a Raffael.

( edited: cordial greetings to J,E.........perhaps they are interested )

and: T. has already booked for February ! (tickets are very cheap now)
katwoman64

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:20 am    Post subject:

Hi girls,
I can enter easily at the Festival, with hub being a journalist and all, but I can't insist to go because he's unwell.

I can't explain the joy, the excitement of the wait. I'll go see Red Cliff on a large screen AND I'll get to share the pleasure with other italians. What more can I ask for?

I will be scarce in the next days because, between hub and daughter's fuss I'm late with the job. Deadline on 15 oct. Till there, aufwiedersehen

Kiss
Mimma the BusyKat

Sadako Sasaki
Safran

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:35 am    Post subject:

Dear Kat

I hope you´ll have A WONDERFUL EVENING WITH TONY ! (Unfortunatly no movie with Tony in Graz )

Hug and Kiss
H
Yuka

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:39 am    Post subject:

Hello Helga,

Thank you for your information.
It seems there's been many events between Austria & Japan
(in Japanese and English)
http://www.austria-japan2009.org/event/

Helga and kat,
I'll be waiting for your movie reports !! Wink

Yuka
mimijapan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:20 am    Post subject:

Dear Helga and Yuka,

Thank you for reminding me about exhibitions. I am going to visit to see "Schätze der Habsburger " in the National Art Center.
I am very interested in Elizabeth (Sisi). I visited Vienna about ten years ago to see exhibitions of Elizabeth.

Yumi
Safran

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:50 pm    Post subject:

Hello Yumi and all fellow fans and friends

Hope you Japanese friends can enjoy a bit of our Austrian Culture on the exhibitions - on Japan-Tour.

I am still in GRAZ at the "filmASIA-Festival" and enjoy Chinese-, Hongkong-, Indian-, Korean- and Japanese- "movie-culture".
Daily 3-5 films - most german or english subtitled - is a bit strengeous but I enjoy although - a seldom opportunity ! Not all are "movie-art"- does not matter - it is a wide ranged "wild mixture". My favourit - till now - is "Thirst" !
Unfortunatly for the festival (but not for me) : I am often the only "audience" in the movie !

Today I have got an e-mail from The "STANDARD" (a big,political unindependant Austrian newspaper - focusing in culture) -
You may not believe, but I am a member of the "Standard-Audience-Jury" for the "Standard Audience Award" on VIENNALE.
I have to stay for about 2 weeks in Vienna and have to watch 20 special selected movies - and attend different meetings with my "collegues".
Whyever they did choose me - I feel honoured and will do my best!

On 21 st (next week)the viennese adventure starts with a first gathering and the official opening is on 22nd. Tomorrow is my last festifal-day and "movie-marathon" here in Graz - so I am already "in training" - hahaha.

Hope I will not loose my sense for reality, spending all that days in different "phantasy-worlds" in the dark of the theatres.

Sorry Kat - cannot visit you for "Roma Film Festival" this year - as we thought - but I wish you a beautiful evening with Tony in "Red Cliff" - ENJOY !

BTW:
12.Udine FarEastFilm FestivaL starts on April 23 rd 2010 ! See you ?

Hope you are all well and fine my friends !

Cineastic Geetings
Helga
katwoman64

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:42 pm    Post subject:

Wow Helga,
what a news!

But then, you are so great, interested and constant that I think it's just fair that The Viennale awarded you with such a charge!

GREAT!

About me, til hub is not, if not well, at least stable enough, I don't think I can program very much, not even doing grocery shopping...................

I'm working like a dog, yesterday till six in the mornig. The night was interspersed by several requests and summons.
Oh, well. Happy Graz experience. There is a fantastic Art Center with a curious name (Mumuth or something similar) I read about and I think the festival develops in there. Or not? If so, how is it?

Big Kiss & Hug
Mimma the Distraught Kat

Sadako Sasaki
Eri

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:16 pm    Post subject:

Safran wrote:

Unfortunatly for the festival (but not for me) : I am often the only "audience" in the movie !

Today I have got an e-mail from The "STANDARD" (a big,political unindependant Austrian newspaper - focusing in culture) -
You may not believe, but I am a member of the "Standard-Audience-Jury" for the "Standard Audience Award" on VIENNALE.
I have to stay for about 2 weeks in Vienna and have to watch 20 special selected movies - and attend different meetings with my "collegues".
Whyever they did choose me - I feel honoured and will do my best!

On 21 st (next week)the viennese adventure starts with a first gathering and the official opening is on 22nd. Tomorrow is my last festifal-day and "movie-marathon" here in Graz - so I am already "in training" - hahaha.

Dear Helga,

So are you enjoying your own private theatre at the festival ? Shocked Very Happy

For you, it is very good opportunity to watch Asian Films, but it is not so good for the festival organizers, I guess. Crying or Very sad

Congratulations ! You are chosen for your enthusiasm. After the training of this movie marathon, you will be a fine jury.

Looking forward to hear about the films you are going to watch in Vienna.

Hope you can enjoy the meeting with other movie fans as well as your duty. Very Happy
Safran

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:01 pm    Post subject:

Hello Kat and Eri
Thank you for sharing the joy with me - I will tell you more as soon as possible - my "internet-connection-time" is ending very soon.

Friendly Greetings
Yuka

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:03 am    Post subject:

Hi Helga,

You’ve been selected as a jury at VIENNALE?!
I’m SOOOO happy for you ! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Here in Roppongi, I can see TIFF banners everywhere !
Can’t believe it’s already been one year since we saw Tony, ex-Prime Minister T.A.
and too many security guards………

Please enjoy the rest of the day in Graz !!

Yuka
Safran

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:58 am    Post subject:

Hello dear friends -

I am home again and did spend the last hours to write you about my experiences in Graz - and - lost my long letters two times - merde!
Now it is late, I am tired and do not want to try a third time -
Only a short comment: The winner-film was :
"The Chaser" - a korean, very well directed and acted "Ex-Cop-Thriller" - exciting till the last minute! (my favourit was "Thirst" and very good too: "The Good, The Bad and The Weird" (ROK)or "Sparrow" (HK) "Ta Shen" (Ind)and "Crows O" (J) and "Warriors" with Andy Lau

Disappointing: Jacky Chan´s"Shinjuku Incident" and Stephen Chow´s "CJ7" or "Three Kingdoms with Andy Lau" .
"Ip Man" with Donnie Yen (soso-lala) was interesting to compare later with Tony´s interpretation in WKW´s version of "The Grand Master" - somewhen. (Please appologize: I know, I should not try to "compare" Tony with anyone !)

Meantime the "Viennale"- program in english (I have to study next days)

http://www.viennale.at/en/festival_09/awards/

Hope to see you soon
Safran

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:13 am    Post subject:

Hello Kat, Yuka, Eri and who ever is interested:

Here my list of 22 films I have to watch from 23st of October till 1st of November.
(Hope you can open the link)
- If I havent´t got enough - still- I am allowed to watch any other movie too - only have to send my wishes till Saturday. There are some
Asian movies too.
(On the Viennale site you can see all movies of the festival. Click " film program" >>the violet/white man-logo)

https://service.gmx.net/de/cgi/derefer?TYPE=2&DEST=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.gmxattachments.net%2Fde%2Fcgi%2Fg.fcgi%2Fmail%2Fprint%2Fattachment%3Fmid%3Dbabgebad.1255629307.31471.4xti98dhxs.72%26uid%3DCwm1IJYXaHI%252BrSokkSQl5Z9qb2dhZIQM

Best wishes to all japanese friends who visit Tokyo TIFF and to my roman friend (I hope you have a chance to visit Roma Filmfestival (RC !) too -

Let´s hope for us all, to see some movie "delicasies".
Have much fun !!! (and forget reality for some hours)

Helga

PS: I always forget to tell you: Before going to Graz, I watched
"The White Ribbon" (Michael Haneke´s black/white movie which won in Cannes) Is really to recommend but like his most - not "easy" - Perhaps hard to understand for other cultures (very strict, loveless protestantic education and hard childhood at the beginning of the last century - in northern Germany - at the same time a kind of criminal story)
(Perhaps you have the only chance to see on a Festival)
Yuka

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:11 am    Post subject:

Hello Helga,

I couldn’t access to the link, but I checked Viennale website.
Sleepless nights will be waiting for you. Good luck !!!!!!

Tonight, I went to see Ballet:Don Quixote performed by the Bolshoi Ballet principal Svetlana Zakharova.
Her performance was excellent !!! Applause

Have a nice weekend !!

Yuka Dancing
Safran

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:23 am    Post subject:

Hello Yuka

I have only a few Ballett-performance experiences, but bewonder the discipline and the hard training , the artists have to suffer during their carreer - Russian Bolschoi Ballett is very famous !
Yes, I am looking forward to Viennale, though it will be strengeous too.
Hope it will not be tooooo cold and windy in Vienna. Have you seen on the website: Some good movies from Cannes, and"Okuribito"(Departed) too.
One of my most interesting "compulsory-movies" are "Fish Tank", "Nang Mai", "Dongpari", "Un Prophete", "White Material"(with Isabelle Huppert) - for example - unfortunatly no japanese movie, though there are some in the contest - will see if I get tickets for.!

Winter has come "over night" with harsh frost and I miss the summer !
Can you imagine? One week before - still eating lunch in the open air
Now: Snow on the near mountains down to 500-1000m, scratching ice from the front windows of the car in the morning - till fingers hurt, beautiful coloured leaves are falling from the trees, in my little garden: vintage of my grapes for making grape-juice, wrapping up plants, carry mediterrian plants like Oleander or Palms... into the cellar ----- AND: Turn on the heating !!
This is european climate - near the Alps: The summers are toooo short ! Kat in Rome will not shiver at all - even Mary in Ireland or Jenny in Canada will have more mild (rainy?) weather - and you my dear friends in Japan or Indonesia, Thailand....... ?
Ohhhhh- I am longing for South-East-Asia again !

Friendly but frosty greetings from Austria !
   www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Random Thoughts All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: