TONYLEUNG.INFO
THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)

THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD

How many movies from Tony's filmography have you seen?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Tony Leung Movies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
angelsfaith

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:19 am    Post subject:

how can that happen? Crying or Very sad
i can open it and read the post from that thread.. are u a member?
the only problem is i cant DL the torrent file itself coz ive been banned...waahh..
well if find some links i'll post it here.

some of Tony's movie:

http://so.tudou.com/isearch.do?kw=tony+leung

(seoul raiders, chinese odyssey, ashes of time, confession of pain, hero beyond the boundary of time, tokyo raiders, my lucky star,infernal affairs)

other links:
http://www.crunchyroll.com/search?q=tony+leung+chiu+wai

(this is where i watch most of his works that has english sub)
fighting for love, dr. mack,the eagle shooting heroes, cyclo,97 Aces Go Places,Butterfly and Sword,confession of pain,ashes of time, the longest night, seoul raiders, tokyo raiders, IA I and III, gorgeous, magic crane,lucky encounter, in the mood for love, red cliff, chinese odyssey,bullet in the head, my lucky star,hardboiled,2046,timeless romance, and healing hearts) some may ask u to log in..

francisc4

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:37 am    Post subject:

hi angelsfaith,
i`ve just tried (again) to open the link from Avistz, thread DAYS OF BEING DUMB, and now i can open it and read the post from that thread.. Smile

too bad the registration to be a new member is currently closed, i`ll try to check it next time... Very Happy
thanks a lot...

Cisca...
Tony Obsessed

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:31 am    Post subject:

I hope this doesn't sound too rude but could we please keep this thread on topic and if people wish to discuss this film to use the personal messaging facility? Thank you. Smile
katwoman64

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:06 pm    Post subject:

Hi,
here's my list

the eagle shooting heroes
infernal affairs I and III
doctor mack (partly)
Blind romance
97 aces go places
butterfly and sword
confession of pain
fantasy romance
the lunatics (excerpts)
ashes of time
tokyo raiders
gorgeous
the magic crane
chinese odyssey 2002
bullet in the head
happy together
My Lucky Star
chinese ghost story III
days of being wild
sound of colors
love me love my money
Hero
Seoul raider
Tokyo raiders
in the mood for love
red cliff
lust caution

Bye
K
Safran

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:25 am    Post subject: Tony movies

Hi Kat

Wow, I´m impressed how much Tony-movies you´ve seen already - my list is much shorter. I try to get "City of Sadness" and "Cyclo" somewhere
but had no luck yet.
Refering to your advise I watched "Lunatics" (2 parts) - and I have to correct my opinion of Chow Yun Fat´s play. I like his old "action movies" although he was "over-acting" sometimes.
Do not know why he can´t find better scripts ,roles, directors..nowadays!

One good, serious chinese actor more " lost in Hollywood "!?
Kiss
H
Info

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:26 am    Post subject:

Hi Kat,

Have you seen "Hard Boiled" and "Chungking Express"? These two are excellent too!

Info
katwoman64

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:43 am    Post subject:

Oh yes Info,
I've seen them, I forgot to mention on the list.
Chungking Express years ago, very late at night on the telly and who interested me most was the girl who refurbished Tony's home, don't remember the name but she plays in Red Cliff. I saw it again recently and, having seen Hero I saw also "Comrades, Almost a Love Story" to compare how Maggie fares with another partner. Conclusion: she is very talented all by herself.
Hard Boiled was amazing!!! I knew Woo just for his american films and I discovered that, in another environment and with greater actors he does pretty amazing things (but crazy he was right from the start).
He thought right for Red Cliff, the couple Chow Yun Fat- Tony Leung would have been great.

Now, my dear Helga, you have to watch a lot of Chow Yun Fat films to understand how great, and charming, and soulful he can be. In God of Gamblers he is a sort of Jeckill/ Hyde. He is more physical than Tony, but he has a great charisma and an almost overwhelming screen presence. The emperor he played in Curse... is of shakespearian greatness, and embodies well the unforgiving cruel logic of power. The tired-honourable-on the verge of retirement- warrior of Crouching... is soulbreaking.

In the USA a lot of chinese actors and directors got "Lost in Translation".
I always tought that a bad thing shared from many is not a lesser bad but just a multiplied sort of bad.

I recently wanted to understand who Brigitte Lin was. I was looking for "Dream Lovers", Yun Fat & Lin starring and watched instead Swordsman II. Well, I think that Jet li earned good money with action, but then I started to suspect that he was underused as an actor. Watch it and let me know what you think.

Kisses to both
K
Safran

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:34 pm    Post subject: First Generation Master

Hello dear Kat !
I am curious to see Chow Yun Fat´s play in "Curse of The Golden Flower" and - ok you are right - I did like him in " Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon" too.
To Brigitte Lin: I think she was the mysterious woman with wig, sunglasses and trenchcoat in "Chungking Express" and I read somewhere, that she did retire. It seems that WKW did cast her for a role in his "First Generation Master".
Refering to the girl in "Chungking Express" : Do you mean singer/actor Faye Wong ?
Do you remember - she was guest on Tony&Carina´s wedding in Bhutan- a good friend of Carina - and - with Tony she was so nice to look at in "Chinese Odyssey 2002".
To Maggie Cheung:
A very good "non- asian" movie with Maggie is "Clean" from Olivier Assayas (with an surprising Nick Nolte) - you should view!
To Jet Li : In Martial Arts he is a master but he is definitely able to act too (rare example) - he has too few chances to show more!

(P.S. I´ve just finished "The Elegance of...." - did like it very much, very recommendable - apart from seducing to identification - thank you for the tip !)
katwoman64

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:12 pm    Post subject:

Hi Helga,
happy for the book. I told you that it was good. I mistook Faje Wong for Vicky Zhao, both are spirited girls, anyway years ago it was she who catched my interest most. She was creative, funny, lively and discreet. Years later I found a similar tender character in Amelie, a more publicized film.
The reason I looked for Brigitte Lin is that she's going to star in the next Tony's film. She is fantastic, delivers a sort of "hot ice" performances and can portray a male character and a female one in the blink of an eye.
It is not by chance that both Chow Yun Fat and Tony starred in award winning Ang Lee's films. As different as they are they both are very keen observers of what surrounds them, such subtle are their performances.
The Curse of the Golden Flowers is not the best of Yimou films, nontheless Chow Yun Fat is terrific. Hope you like him.
I'm looking for Cyclo too.
Kisses
K
Safran

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:30 pm    Post subject: WKW

Hi Kat
"First Generation Master" is the working-title of WKW´s Ip Man project with Tony and Brigitte.
Kiss
H
Another question/recommendation:
Have you already seen "Buenos Aires Zero Degree?"- The Making of "Happy Together" Very interesting documentary with cut/removed characters and sceens. (On YouTube in 6 parts)
katwoman64

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:29 am    Post subject:

Good Morning, Helga!
Yes, I've seen it and it made me laugh out loud when WKW said that he didn't know what he was looking for until he had it in front of his eyes, because it is more or less my same creative process. Do you remember when I said that Tony inspired me to buy clothes for my hub? I needed to do something but stayed still. Waiting. And there it was, like WKW who's starting point was a restaurant where he had had a light stroke. I shouted "Eureka!" and developed a whole fan of new personal patterns. Nice experience. It is not what I buy or make, but the fact that I need to "feel" something. I look for the soul of objects, weight the textures, lines and colors, in the effort to create a balance between things, sounds, flavors AND people. The feel. It was always this way. Sometimes I have others working with me and the interaction is always heated, polemic, productive. Definitely passionate. But I had never let people hanging in the hope that my brain starts working...
Kisses
K
   www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Tony Leung Movies All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: