TONYLEUNG.INFO
THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)

THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD

Im new
Goto page 1, 2  Next

www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Get to know each other
View previous topic :: View next topic  
monika

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:35 am    Post subject: Im new

Hi Im Monika from Poland, im happy i get here . Im a big fan of Wong Kar Wai's movies and of Tony as well. Im reading journalism in the University, Im 21, and in future want to travel across Asia. Nice to meet u!
Info

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:14 pm    Post subject:

Hi Monika,

Welcome to our site! I am sure you can make many new friends here! Enjoy your stay here!

Info
D-love

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:27 pm    Post subject: Hi

Hi Monika,

I'm from the Us. My first introduction to Tony was also through Wong Kar Wai's films. I hope you enjoy this sight. I met a lot of friends here and I know you will too.

D-love

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:40 am    Post subject:

HI :)Im really happy i get to this forum. Im really fascinated by asian cinema and its literature. By the way which was your firts movie of WKW?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:58 pm    Post subject: WKW my first

Hi,

My first WKW film was Fallen Angels. Staring Takeshi Kaneshiro and her last film before her retirement "the Garbo of asian cinema" Karen Mok. My favorite scene is when Kaneshiro and Mok are in the hotel room after leaving the bar...Kaneshiro puts her to bed and cleaned her shoes allowing her to get a good nights rest In Love .

D-love

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:15 am    Post subject:

Hey! My first WKW movie was In the mood for love. I love the soundtrack from this movie. Second movie i saw was As tears go by, and then i decided i have to see most of his movies. And I did. My favourites are : Fallen Angels - this movie is exellent, and i didnt know that Takeshi Kaneshiro is such a good actor. The best thing from WKW movies is music. He has such a good music taste. I also like Happy Together its is so real-played and i like emotions. And i love poetic Ashes of time - it is very hard movie but its different Wong Kar Wai that i saw earlier. And your talking about Chungking express there Kaneshiro puts her to bed Wink haha . Greetings

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:15 am    Post subject: Your right !!!!

In Fallen Angels Takeshi was a lost soul in CKE Takeshi and Tony were cops Laughing . In Happy Together the music really set the mood. From the Tango bar to Tony alone on the farey. I loved this movie not just because Tony is in it, but because it shows you to hang on to your love and also when it's best to leave love behind.

D-love

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:20 am    Post subject:

Smile From Fallen Angels i like the song by Shirley Kwan - Ming gei ta Smile

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:25 am    Post subject: Cyclo

My ultimate Tony film is Cyclo! He went to Vietnam to film it. He played a very dark charecter. Tony engulfed in flames at the end a MUST SEE Shocked !

D-love

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:29 am    Post subject:

Yeah i need to see it Smile I saw only one movie with Tony, that wasnt directed by WKW - it was LUST Caution, TOny was great there but it wasnt good movie i think.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:42 am    Post subject:

PLease try and find it, You won't be disapointed Wink . There were a few things I wish could have been explored deeper in C&L, like the relationship between the drama club leader and Tony's love interest. I think it would have made better sence of why she would take on such a dangerous plot and risked ever thing, espeacially if she gave her virginity to him instead of the guy that was going to the brathels.

D-love

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:46 am    Post subject:

Yeah. i was dissapointed by L&C, sometimes it was boring the idea was really good but he cpuld do it for 1,3 h not for almost 2 hours.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:53 am    Post subject:

I don't know how fortunate you are living in Poland ? But Tony's films have been showing in my local cinima ever since In The Mood For Love. Before that I would have to go to the forign language bin at my video store Laughing .

D-love

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:55 am    Post subject:

We have alternative cimenas, they play there movies from all over the world, There was WKW day Wink

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:01 am    Post subject:

I think that's why Tony is getting more of an exposure here in the states. There's still a color barrier in Hollywood. WKW has quite a following here so peaple are going see his films and in turn see Tony's incredible talent and maybe a Hollywood film starring Tony could be in the works. Just like Jet Li and Chow Yun Fat.

D-love
   www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Get to know each other All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: