TONYLEUNG.INFO
THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)

THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD

FINALLY, LUST, CAUTION IN MEXICO

www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Get to know each other
View previous topic :: View next topic  
flavichu

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:18 am    Post subject: FINALLY, LUST, CAUTION IN MEXICO

Finally, Very Happy after months of waiting, Lust, Cautio will open in Mexico. According to the Movie Theater Chain website, it will open on March 2008, "subject to changes without prior notice" ( Mad what a drag!). My husband has already ordered the DVD, which will probably be here before the opening, but I plan to go anyway. One has to support Asian Cinema in this Country, and besides, this will be my first chance to see Tony on the big screen. Rolling Eyes God only knows when will I have another chance. Very Happy
summertime

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:36 am    Post subject:

That's so cool flavichu Smile

Keep us posted !
ItsJustMe

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:21 pm    Post subject:

Hi Flavichu.

I am so glad you will be able to see "Lust, Caution" in the theater. This was the first Tony Leung movie that I saw on a large screen and the experience is incredible. A tv screen at home does not do justice to these wonderful art films.
marsha

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 6:33 pm    Post subject:

Hi Flavichu! I am happy for you. It is really a delight to have a Tony movie in our respective country. I know how you feel. I was also very happy when Lust, Caution was shown here in Manila last November. Seeing Tony on a wide screen is really different and a thrilling experience. Enjoy!!! Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:03 pm    Post subject: Update

Update. Lust, Caution will be shown in Mexico.

Now, , today my DVD arrived, and just watched the movie AND I LOVED IT. It was moving, it was exciting, it was interesting, I just couldn't stop. Very Happy I poped the DVD in just to make sure it was not defective, and I just stayed there, glued to the screen. I am way behind in my work, Embarassed but hey, nights are long. Wink

Regarding its release in Mexico, we have basically two large movie theaters chains, one of them has a festival of contemporary world cinema, FICCO, where they bring movies from all over the world. This year, the selection includes Lust, Caution and My Blueberry Nights. Downside, its just in a few theaters in Mexico City, none of them really close to my neighborhood, and at the most awkward times, like 12:00 on a Wednesday, or 2:30 on a Tuesday. Go figure evil! However, there will be a screening on a Saturday and another on a Sunday, so I will attend one. Very Happy

My husband says that he saw the poster in a theater that belongs to the other chain, so he is pretty sure it will be released as a regular film, meaning that it will be in more theaters, with a better schedule. Besides, since it is not a commercial movie, they will surely screen it in the VIP halls (wide, reclining seats, coffee, snacks taken to your seat, for about 9-10 dollars, so it will definitely be worth it).

There is already word going around about the movie. I haven't seen anything written yet, but in the morning news, theres is this guy who loves foreing cinema, and is extremely well read, and he said Lust, Caution and My Blueberry Nights will be screened during FICCO.

I will keep you posted on events, and if I come across any written information, I will post it here (translated into English).

BYE
Info

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:07 pm    Post subject:

Hi flavichu,

Thanks for keeping us informed the latest situation in Mexico. Enjoy your big screen experience with Tony!

Info
eliza bennet

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:00 am    Post subject:

Yes Flavichu, I join in hoping that you enjoy your big screen experience of Tony Smile

This reminds me of my first big screen experience with Tony, it was In The Mood For Love and I was blown away. Not only because the film is very good (it is a masterpiece) but also the only other time I saw Tony was on dvd in Hard Boiled (and believe me I was completely blown away by how good an actor he is).

-hahahaaaa insert the song "Memories" from Barbara Streisand Smile
   www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Get to know each other All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: