TONYLEUNG.INFO
THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)

THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD

Caught between two lovers? No, no - June 9, 1994

www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Tony Leung Articles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sandy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 12:10 am    Post subject: Caught between two lovers? No, no - June 9, 1994

The Straits Times

June 9, 1994

SECTION: Life; Entertainment; Pg. 9

LENGTH: 1867 words

HEADLINE: Caught between two lovers? No, no

BODY:
Valerie Chow denies she is dating Jackie Chan and Tony Leung Chiu Wai

FORMER Miss Hongkong Valerie Chow may not have many movies to her credit, but her list of alleged admirers runs long.

Gongfu star Jackie Chan is reported to be dating her and Tony Leung Chiu Wai is also said to be going out with her.

Chow admits readily that she has seen Chan several times. "It's very weird, but I keep bumping into him. Sometimes, he would ask me to dine with him. I don't mind, anyway. If he asks me, I'll go. We are friends," she said.

Both Chan and Chow love to exercise. Incidentally, both are members of the same health club and have met each other a few times in the fitness room.

As both are public figures, it is inevitable that talk of them dating is fuelled when both are seen together.

When asked if Chan is interested in her, Chow laughed and said: "Of course not, he's married. To him, I am just a little girl. Jackie treats me like a younger sister, just like the way he treats other female stars."

Chow appears unfazed over reports alleging the love affair. "These are all rumours, not at all true. It does help for a newcomer to have some publicity, but I feel that no matter what is said in the grapevine, the person involved should get a chance to explain."

Whatever the case may be, Chow does not appear to have benefited much from Chan careerwise. No doubt if she had asked, getting a role in one of Chan's big productions would not be impossible. However, she seems to have stuck to her principles and not asked such favours.

She said: "Had I not known him, I might have seized the opportunity to achieve something. After all, I got a role after I recommended myself to Chen Kexing. But with my friend working as Chan's assistant, I got to know him long ago, so asking is not easy."

Chan has so far not made any comments about his alleged friendship with Chow. Meanwhile, Leung admits readily that all the intimate scenes with Chow in a music video are for real. Leung, the centre of many rumours, sparked off yet another after filming a music video with Chow.

Chow told reporters that the two of them often talked for several hours on the telephone late at night. She appeared to be hinting that Leung likes her.

Leung, who seems to attract a lot of female attention, was surprisingly candid about this "relationship".

"What Chow and I were doing in the music video was real. Our feelings must be real, only then will the scenes be convincing," he said.

Leung added that regardless of whether he is shooting a film, a music video or simply a photograph, he puts all his emotions into it. He treats the other party as his lover and his feelings for her at that moment are real.

"Although my feelings for Chow were true during the filming, they ended with the shoot," he said.

Leung said he did not tell Chow beforehand that he gets very involved when shooting emotional scenes. But if Chow had misread his intentions, there is little he can do.

"Chow is a newcomer, she has never acted in a film before so it's very difficult to explain all this to her. After the shoot, I didn't offer any explanations either," he said.

Considering Chow is a newcomer to acting, would it be possible for their acting to appear so realistic without such a relationship?

"It is possible," says Leung. "She is inexperienced so I tried to draw her into the scene. I don't have to psych myself, emotions come spontaneously."

The music video featuring Leung and Chow has a number of intimate scenes. These show the two hugging and kissing each other. In fact, it is so sizzling that SBC has banned it. -Translated from Lianhe Wanbao by Rosalie Hooi of the Straits Times Translation Desk
   www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Tony Leung Articles All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: