TONYLEUNG.INFO
THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)

THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD

We're still together - December 15, 2000

www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Tony Leung Articles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sandy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 12:07 am    Post subject: We're still together - December 15, 2000

The Straits Times (Singapore)

December 15, 2000

SECTION: Life; Life!; Pg. 26

LENGTH: 423 words

HEADLINE: We're still together

BODY:
LOVE STORY

Forget those infidelity rumours and scandal stories, Carina Lau and Tony Leung are thinking of having babies

HONGKONG actress Carina Lau is determined to prove that there is a happily-ever-after ending for her long-time romance with Tony Leung Chiu-Wai.

In a recent interview with Hongkong magazine Oriental Sunday, the 36-year-old China-born beauty said she idolises her man and reckoned that the 12-year relationship is still going strong because they both admire each other, Lianhe Zaobao reported yesterday.

She even declared that they are both ready to have babies. In the interview, the outspoken actress also lashed out at reporters who "seemed to be hoping for a tragic ending for their love story".

"Of course, we will part one day but it will happen only when one of us passes on," Lau said haughtily.

The high-profile romance of the good-looking pair received a beating recently with talks of infidelity on both sides -- he with his In The Mood For Love co-star Maggie Cheung, and she with financial hotshot Sherman Lee whom she was alleged to have brought home for a nightcap.

But the couple appeared nonchalant about the rumours and celebrated Lau's birthday together on Dec 7, looking positively in love.

In her most revealing interview after the recent scandal, Lau re-affirmed her devotion to the love of her life and spoke glowingly of her admiration for the man and his chosen career path.

"Hardworking men are very attractive to me, especially those who set high standards for themselves, like Tony Leung," she gushed, adding that she had already noticed him when both were struggling TVB station artistes back in the 1980s.

She admitted, in the interview, that they both have different temperaments but there was also "mutual respect".

"He likes me for my independence and optimism. I admire him for his dedication and his pensiveness," she revealed.

As for the recent spate of nasty rumours, Lau said the stories concocted by the press hardly affected them "simply because we trust each other completely and use our heart, not our ears, to assess the relationship," she said in the interview.

"To prove that our love is true, I would have a baby with him. I will do it," the actress concluded defiantly.

"And I am very sure Tony Leung feels the same."

Still going strong despite those scandal stories, Tony Leung Chiu-Wai (above) and Carina Lau (right).

THE THIRD PARTIES -- The "other' parties, Sherman Lee (above, left) and Maggie Cheung (above, right).
   www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Tony Leung Articles All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: