TONYLEUNG.INFO
THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)

THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD

Wow, what an actor!

www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Get to know each other
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 3:35 pm    Post subject: Wow, what an actor!

I discovered Tony Leung's work only a few months ago, and I'm hooked. What an impressive actor, such range, and very different in each role I have seen him in. This was a great discovery. Also wonderful to see that he is still making great films (I can't wait to see the Ang Lee "Lust, Caution", I'm also a long-time fan of all things Ang Lee). The Wong Kar-Wai canon is also an exciting discovery. Next up--the police dramas, not normally my thing, but then Tony will bring a different spin to his roles in them that I definitely want to see. Now if only I could find another person here in North Carolina who had ever seen any of these films. Confused

Marie
kaya

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 8:16 am    Post subject: Hello!

Hi Marie!

Just wanted to say hello, as I am also a new member of this wonderful forum site. I too, have been a huge fan of Tony Leung's for quite some time, but never really took upon the time to find a website that is dedicated to him.

Unfortunately I'm from NYC, so we are a bit far to meet. But if you're ever in town, perhaps I can show you around, or the very least, give you tips on what to do and see. On occasions, my family and I drive down to the Outer Banks for vacation. We love it there!

Kaya
ItsJustMe

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:35 am    Post subject: check out "Hard Boiled"

Hi Marie,

Glad you have also caught the Tony "bug". I've been a member for only half a year but love this forum. If you have not yet watched "Hard Boiled", you must get ahold of it. It is being re-issued this year. Check this out: http://www.dvdtimes.co.uk/content.php?contentid=65455

But don't read the whole article if you have not watched the movie yet! "Hard Boiled" really made me realize what a talented actor Tony is. Prior to watching "Hard Boiled", I had picked up up Chinese movies infrequently to watch. So, I had watched "In The Mood For Love" and "Infernal Affairs" at different times of my life but did not pay much attention to the credits.

I felt like such a fool when I finally researched Tony Leung on the web and realized that he was one and the same actor in all those different films! There is a list of his filmography somewhere on this forum. I have since acquired over 30 of his films, most only available on vcds. Check out the list and you might go into shock like I did that he has made so many movies. I highly recommend his comedies! He sings in "Chinese Odyssey 2002" and sings many of the theme songs to his movies.

Have fun at this forum!
Marie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:29 pm    Post subject: Funny you should mention "Hard Boiled"

Ah yes, "Hard Boiled". Perhaps it is just coincidence but I picked up a copy of the new DVD release just this afternoon. So far my husband isn't a fan of Tony's (though that may change--I have my fingers crossed) so I have to space his films out with things my husband does want to see (we are in the midst of a Zatoichi maraton this summer, among other things). It makes him a bit jealous that I keep going on and on about this guy Tony Leung and what a great actor he is, got to see "In the mood for love" and "2046", unbelievable actor, unbelievable director, and on and on and on. So, of course, the more I want him to watch any of Tony's movies with me, the less he wants to. Husband's can be like that sometimes. I think he feels just a bit jealous that I find this other guy so interesting Wink

Marie
   www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Get to know each other All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: