TONYLEUNG.INFO
THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)

THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD

A bit bored and lonely here in LA

www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Get to know each other
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kaya

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:16 pm    Post subject: A bit bored and lonely here in LA

Hello friends,

I'm here in LA on a business trip and not knowing anyone (including co-workers). Kinda bored right now in my hotel and feeling lonely eating room service food. Somebody chat with me? Ask me a question...any! Smile
Tony

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 2:23 am    Post subject:

poor u.........how long are u going to stay there?
kaya

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 6:49 am    Post subject:

Hello Tony!

I'm here until Sunday morning. Luckily I have work to do today and tomorrow, so that will keep me pretty busy until I leave. LA is definitely not like NYC. At least in NYC, I can use public transport or walk! Wish I could do more exploring in LA though...

Hope to meet you soon. And thanks for responding... Smile
Pea

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 11:45 am    Post subject:

Hi Kaya,

nice idea, hope you get not bored of my questions...
So here we go with the first one: What kind of business trip is it ? Do you have meetings (what can be extremely boring and useless in some cases...) ? Second one: What do you see outside of your window ? Third one: What will you do first of all when you return home ? Last one: Have you been on holiday yet ? Or do you have a good advise where to go ?

Hope this helps for a couple of minutes ! Rolling Eyes

Cheers,
Pea
kaya

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 6:55 am    Post subject: Replies

Hi Pea!

First of all, thank you for replying to my message. The first two days I felt very lonely in a big city. Yesterday I was too busy running around working. I'm sure I will be doing the same again today. So here are my answers to your question!

Quote:
What kind of business trip is it? Do you have meetings (what can be extremely boring and useless in some cases...?

I'm working at an event called the X Games. Athletes gather around the world to compete on skateboards, bicycles and motobikes. You can look it up here: www.expn.com No meetings, thank goodness!

Quote:
Second one: What do you see outside of your window?

As I look out my hotel window, I notice the windows need to be cleaned. The view is part of the Los Angeles airport and occasionally I will see planes landing, surrounded by palm trees. The city seems to be covered in smog for the most part.

Quote:
Third one: What will you do first of all when you return home?

I will give a big hug and lots of kisses to my two little girls at home who I miss very much. Oh yeah, and to my husband too!

Quote:
Last one: Have you been on holiday yet ? Or do you have a good advise where to go ?

I haven't been on holiday quite yet. My family and I haven't decided where we're going, but if anything, it will have to be a beach with a pool since the girls love that.

As to where to go, it all depends on what you like to do. Do you like the beach and sun? Do you like to go exploring around? Do you like to shop? I would love to go visit London again- it's my favorite European city. And I would love to visit HK soon- my father always talks about his childhood there and how he would always get into trouble with his cousin. Very Happy

And what about you Pea? If you can, answer your questions so I can learn a little more about you!
Pea

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 4:05 am    Post subject:

Hi Kaya,

I'm glad that I met you in the forum and I try my best to answer my questions Wink.

I'm not on a business trip in the moment but I know such boring situations very well as I work for a music company with a few divisions abroad which often means to me: be flexible...
But today I'm at home and relax.
Shortly I moved from Berlin (Germany) to Zurich (Switzerland) for occupational reasons and I'm still exploring my new home. Here are some differences between both cities:
Berlin is the biggest city in Germany with nearly 3.5 million habitants. Berlin is a very modern and urban city with lots of students and a relaxed but very exciting attitude to life. Always changing, always lively, always countless possibilities to discover a new face of the city.
You can find calm places, nice cafes, tiny shops, galleries etc. next to big avenues, historical memories and crowded shopping centers... I lived 15 years in Berlin and I can say from the bottom of my heart: I love Berlin.
Let's try this for Zurich which I just can describe with my now 3 month experience. Zurich is also the biggest city in Switzerland with 400 000 habitants. And Zurich is an absolut lovely place to stay. It's situated on a wonderful lake where you can find many occasions to spend the spare time. Not to forget the spectacular panorama with the alpes in the background...The people are very friendly. The food is excellent. The athmosphere in the city is friendly and rather calm during the day but at night they sometimes celebrate a lot of incredible parties...next big party is on the 11th of August called "Streetparade".
I stay curious.

When I look out of my window I see into the forest. No joke. There's a lot of nature in the vicinity of Zurich.

When I return from a business trip I always call my boyfriend to tell him that I returned safely . Also I often have a snack when I return because I don't like to eat in a train or an airline. But beyond of all that I don't suprise you if I tell you that I also love to watch a DVD with Tony as main actor. That makes me think of something else than business...Smile.

Hm..holidays..yes, you're completely right, it depends....
I guess, this year I will try to travel to Asia . I haven't been there yet and I guess it will be a very exciting trip. Hong Kong will be definately an option to think about but I also think to go to Japan .... maybe... Let's see...I hope I can tell you more about the result in November. If you should decide to come to Zurich (instead of London Wink) I would love to show you the city.

So, next question for you today:
What do you do in your spare time ?
And can you tell me the whole story about your father and his cousin ? Wink

Have a good day,
Pea
kaya

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:52 pm    Post subject: response to Pea

Hi Pea!

I almost went to Munich to visit with a friend earlier this year, but our plans changed. But I will definitely contact you should I decide to visit Zurich or Berlin!

My spare time...if I even have spare time! With two little girls, it's difficult to find spare time since I work part-time. Let's see... I do like to jog with my husband and two children (they sit in the jogger stroller) when we have time. I enjoy reading- right now I'm reading the latest Harry Potter book. I like to have dinner and drinks with my girlfriends- I think it's important to spend time with old friends, yes? Smile And of course, catching up on ALL Tony Leung movies.

As for my father and cousin- he mentioned several times that they would would often get into trouble, climb on the house rooftop and accidentally fall off only to hurt themselves. And he said back in the 1950s when he was growing up, old HK restaurants would make these delicious and big wontons. He often dream about them until he visited HK (after 40 years) and saw how small they've become and was rather disappointed I think it's because he's gotten older and bigger. hahaha Razz

And yourself? What do you do in your spare time? BTW, sorry for the delayed response. I am finally back home in NYC, yay!
Pea

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:56 am    Post subject:

Hi Kaya,

I also like to have dinner with my friends. I enjoy those evenings very much. Just chatting, exchanging memories....those little things...Beside this I read a lot as well ( especially thriller and classic novels) Then I play drums in my spare time and I really love to go to music concerts..yeah ! Do you have a favourite band or singer ?

Have a nice week,
Pea
kaya

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:28 pm    Post subject:

Hi Pea!

Actually, I had worked in the music industry for almost ten years. Those were definitely the good ol' fun days. My favorite band of all times is Depeche Mode. I also enjoy listening to The Cure, New Order, The Smiths, Duran Duran, Keane, Coldplay, Oasis, and other types- even opera! I've always said if I ever visit Vienna, I want to go see And yourself? What kind of music do you enjoy listening to?
Pea

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:39 am    Post subject:

Oh really ??? Guess what ? Maybe I shouldn't mention this but I met Depeche in person already ..just a quick but very nice hello.... ....I also like their music very much.
Coldplay is another one I agree with you Wink no, they are really brilliant!! Sometimes I also like these handmade oldfashioned music from Johnny Cash and Bob Dylan and then on other days I need to dance and hear soul or disco style., it just depends on my mood. I'm open to a lot of music styles. And *handshake* I also love classical music. So let's go to Vienna one day....what do you think ?

Yeah...tell me 'bout the good ol' days...all these dirty pretty stories (just kidding).....nowadays, you know....
What was your job in the bizz ?

have a nice weekend, will you do something special ?
Pea Waving
kaya

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:40 am    Post subject:

Whoa, lucky you for meeting DM! Did you meet DM when it's just three of them or all four of them? I am quite envious that you have met them, nonetheless!

I will certainly reach out to you should I visit Vienna. I actually got my four year old daughter into listening to Johann Strauss. She loves it.

My old job at the record business was working with the Senior VP of Marketing. I worked solely with him for almost ten years- a lot of dedication! And you're right, there are a lot of dirty stories that go into the music business. Sad, yet true. But those days were definitely fun- seeing a lot of concerts, meeting artists, learning the business and mostly enjoying myself in the company of my many colleagues. I really miss those days. I am a people person, if you couldn't tell by now. Smile

I didn't do anything special this past weekend, with the exception of attending a concert last night with my girlfriend. The weather was not very nice to us- it rained all evening at the outdoor venue! We had to buy raincoats to keep ourselves dry, but we still managed to dance the night away!

And yourself? Did you do anything worthwhile this past weekend?

I just thought about it, perhaps we should direct email each other instead of posting? Seems like no one wants to join in our trail of conversation. Smile
   www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Get to know each other All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: