TONYLEUNG.INFO
THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)

THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD

Just want to drop by and say hi...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Get to know each other
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Milanda

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:53 am    Post subject: Hi fireeater

Hi Fireeater...

Oh Really? I didn't know that, i've never watch that series (Police cadet) before. Why don't you buy his DVD's online? I think it's English subtitled (if I'm not mistaken). I want to know, what's your favourite tony's movie?
linda

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:22 am    Post subject:

Hi Fireeater,
Nice to meet you..hope you enjoy being here Smile

Your location says three places...where are you from? Are you currently in NYC?
fireeater

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 6:51 am    Post subject: To Milanda

Dear Milanda:

I hope you are well. So sorry for the late reply. Been really wrapped up with stupid things that bothered me a lot lately.

My favourite film of his would be... ooh, it's so difficult just to pick one... but I would say "Cyclo". The reason is because he barely converses with anyone in that film but expresses such complex range of emotions without speech, which I'm certain is very difficult to achieve.

I found some old TV series (finally...) of his with english subtitle and was ecstatic. The girl at Poh Kim DVD store in Sing was looking at me like I was a bit cuckoo...

What about you? Which of his films is your favourite?

Take care Milanda.

Fireeater

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 7:02 am    Post subject: Hi Linda

Hi Linda:

Very nice to meet you too Linda. I hope my message finds you well.
I go back and forth between these places. But for now, I go back and forth between Jakarta and Singapore more. And it's really too bad that I won't be in NYC when Tony promotes his film there in September...

I hope to get message from you again soon. Take care Linda.

cheers,
fireeater

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:01 am    Post subject: Hi fireeater

Hi Fireeater,
I'm happy for u too, that u finally got his tv series. So, what did u get? Wow, i'm so envy with u that u have watched that movie (Cyclo). Cos I haven't watched it yet. Well, my favourite TL movie is... Infernal Affairs (I don't know why, but I love watching him in this movie).
fireeater

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:24 am    Post subject: To Milanda

Hi Milanda:

His TV series that I got was "HSDS" and "Duke of Mount Deer" (with English subtitles). The "Cyclo" DVD was given to me as a gift by a friend, and that was really a lovely gift.

I like Infernal Affairs as well. Have you seen his "Confession of Pain" yet. I was just wondering if they sell this in Jakarta. I got the DVD in Sing last year.

Here is a URL link that may be of help to you, if you think you want to buy "Cyclo" DVD online (it's the HMV Hong Kong website).

http://www.hmv.com.hk/search/search_ed.asp?v=&CurPage=10&svalue=TONY+LEUNG&column=&fmt=Any&artistno=&sort=
or
http://www.hmv.com.hk/search/search_ed.asp?referer=search&SValue=cyclo&Fmt=DVD&x=30&y=10

So, OK.. Hope those links could help you and that I'd hear from you again sometime.

Cheers,
fireeater

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:04 am    Post subject: About "DUke of Mount Deer"

I was wondering, how did you get "Duke of Mount Deer" with English subtitles? I have not been able to get any of Tony's series with subtitles. I have many of his movies, although I must admit it is thanks to my husband, but no series. He got me a special 2-disc edition of Confession of Pain in February (I am still amazed), subtitled, The Returning, and many other movies. This is amazing, considering I live in Mexico and we get very few Asian movies. But so far, no series.
fireeater

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:40 am    Post subject: To Flavichu

Hi Flavichu:

Well, sometimes I reside in Singapore and I found (by chance) Duke of Mount Deer with subtitle in a DVD/VCD store called Poh Kim in China Town. They don't always have old TVB series there... I was just lucky...

Perhaps, you could find it online, http://www.hmv.com.hk
or www.yesasia.com

OK Flavichu... I hope that helps.

Take care,
fireeater

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:19 am    Post subject: TX Fireeater

Thank you very much Fireeater,

I really appreciate your answer. I will try to find it in online in hmv, I checked yesasia a while ago and didnīt find any series with subtitles. Anyway, I let you know if I find it.

Have a really nice day.

Flavichu
Bibi

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:08 pm    Post subject:

Hi Fireeater!
How do you like it so far?
fireeater

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:04 pm    Post subject: To Bibi

Hi Bibi:

This site is wonderful... People here have such high regards for this charming man, especially his work. I consider myself lucky to have found this site by chance.

I've admired his work since the mid-nineties (... discovered Chung King Express in Paris...) but since I move around in areas of the world where you don't get a lot of HK movies, I haven't been able to watch a lot of his earlier HK films.

When I found this site, I realized that he's done so many films, including comedies, and that he sings as well. Now, I'm back in Asia and slowly, I am able to collect his earlier films and a few series.

Well, thank you for leaving me a message. Hope to hear from you again soon.

Take care Bibi.

Cheers,
fireeater
   www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Get to know each other All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: