TONYLEUNG.INFO
THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)

THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD

HKFA - GOD and Tony gave others a chance

www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> The Latest Tony News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
karengoh

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:25 am    Post subject: HKFA - GOD and Tony gave others a chance

I just finished watching the HKA presentation live from Hongkong.

Well its rather disappointed Tony did not win but I think he was contended to be nominated. Awards are not important as he always say. And I believe he will give Lau Ching Wan the chance for the award. That guy had been nominated at least 9 times and this is the first time he get this award. His wife, Kwok Hoi Ming, shed tears of joy.

The best part is Tony and Karina have the honour to present the best film award. As expected After This Our Exile won that category too. After This our exile won the most category including Best Supporting Actor, Best Director and a few more.

I was happy that Tony and Carina attended the ceremony with all these rumours.

I have feeling that the Committee will give the chance to Lau Ching Wan and I think he is not bad at all.

I remember once, when Leslie died a few years ago, Tony and Andy Lau tak Wah was asked whether they would give up the best actor award to Leslie? Tony said he was more than willing to do so. Unfortunately, Andy Lau was against the idea.

Talking about Andy Lau, I must have missed out something, what happened to Andy why isn't he there? Is it something happened to him. They were talking about him so much. Eric Tsang commented something like he should said fair statement for Andy. Anita Yuen was saying something about him too.
purple

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:44 am    Post subject: Re: HKFA - GOD and Tony gave others a chance

karengoh wrote:
Talking about Andy Lau, I must have missed out something, what happened to Andy why isn't he there? Is it something happened to him. They were talking about him so much. Eric Tsang commented something like he should said fair statement for Andy. Anita Yuen was saying something about him too.

Recently, Andy Lau has been in the headlines because the 68 year-old father of one of Lau's fans committed suicide. This gentleman wanted Andy Lau to spend some one-on-one time with his 28 year-old daughter, who has been an obsessive Andy Lau fan for 13 years.

Read more at:
http://english.cri.cn/3086/2007/03/28/1301@209967.htm

http://andylausounds.blogspot.com/2007/03/crazy-fans-father-jumped-to-his-death.html

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:27 pm    Post subject:

Thanks purple for the info.
eliza bennet

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:16 am    Post subject:

Poor Andy, I wouldn't want to be in his shoes. I read the story and thought that the way Andy acted was correct but he was a bit rude & stern. He could have refused in a nicer way - still how does one react in a situation like this? It is really hard to be a film star. I sympathise with Andy who must be feeling terrible about the whole thing.

As for Lau Ching Wan I'm happy that he won but his performance was not better than Tony's (he was the best among the nominated) and even Chow's. I thought he won because it was finally his "time" (like Scorsese and the Oscars). That is a bit sad since Lau Ching Wan is an awesome actor who has given exquisite performances (Lost in Time for instance).
   www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> The Latest Tony News All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: