TONYLEUNG.INFO
THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)

THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD

Tony came back RED CLIFF for friendship.
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> The Latest Tony News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nancix**

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:06 am    Post subject: Tony came back RED CLIFF for friendship.

Oh,Sorry! Shocked I have deleted this news by myself mistake.
I cannot rewrite or return it!
I want to write to [梁朝伟回赤壁救驾 暂定接替发哥演“周瑜” ].
I want you to read news below, Please.

Last edited by nancix** on Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:20 am; edited 7 times in total
nancix**

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:10 am    Post subject: 《赤壁》昨

《赤壁》昨日臨陣換將 金城武替梁朝偉演孔明
北京新浪網 (2007-03-06 10:11)

昨天晚間,上海東方早報記者從臺灣方面獲悉,在年前大張旗鼓宣布了演員名單的《赤壁》,做出了臨時的演員調整。『梁朝偉確定不演了,』在採訪《赤壁》製片人張家振時,對方毫不猶豫地告訴上海東方早報記者說,『接替的人選已經有了,是金城武。現在還沒簽約,不過我們已經基本談妥了。』

本月底就將在河北開機的《赤壁》,在春節前公布了演員陣容,周潤發飾演周瑜、梁朝偉飾演諸葛亮、張豐毅飾演曹操、尤勇飾演孫權、林志玲飾演小喬、趙薇飾演孫尚香、胡軍飾演趙子龍。就在所有人都等待開機之時,昨日卻從臺灣方面忽然傳出換角的消息,而且撤換的是最早確定的主演梁朝偉。

上海東方早報記者隨即聯繫到《赤壁》的製片人,也是一直忙于為影片選角的吳宇森的老搭檔張家振。對方確認了換角的消息,在說起原因時,張家振居然透露,最初他認定的諸葛亮就是金城武。『我一早就想讓金城武來演,我覺得他最適合27歲的諸葛亮。初出茅廬,外表看起來有點傻傻的,但卻藏著很多智慧。』但因為吳宇森在金馬獎上遇到了梁朝偉、劉德華,非常希望找他們來演。『梁朝偉一直答應吳宇森,自己會加盟《赤壁》。但等到最終稿劇本出爐時,時間拖得太久,公司已經給梁朝偉接了別的片子吧,總之他沒有辦法拍六個月的戲了。』

除了梁朝偉的檔期發生了問題,與梁朝偉同屬一個經紀公司的張震,可能也無法加盟《赤壁》。據張家振介紹,澤東公司突然告知《赤壁》劇組,張震臨時接到一個片約,會與《赤壁》的檔期發生衝突。『我們還是很希望張震能演,我們看了《天堂口》的粗剪,張震在里面非常棒,很精彩。我們很喜歡這個演員,還是希望他的檔期可以安排過來。』

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:15 pm    Post subject: Tony Leung Leaves "Battle of Red Cliffs"

Tony Leung Leaves "Battle of Red Cliffs"

2007-03-06 15:58:06 CRIENGLISH.com

Fans of Hong Kong actor Tony Leung won't be able to see him in the upcoming "Battle of Red Cliffs," or "Chi Bi," as the star has decided to step back from the lead in the film.

Chinese web portal Sina.com says the film's director John Woo confirmed the Cannes Best Actor winner gave up playing Zhu-Ge Liang, a legendary military strategist in the ancient Three Kingdoms period, in the film.

Tony Leung has reportedly said the plot was attractive, but the six-month-long shoot was longer than he expected.

Rumors say the star may take the break to concentrate on his relationship with fellow actress Carina Lau. Some suspect he wants to take a rest after finishing shooting Ang Lee's "Lust, Caution."

No comments were available from Tony Leung's agent.

In the wake of the star's withdrawal, heartthrob Takeshi Kaneshiro has been confirmed to take on the role and join the star-heavy cast, including Chow Yun-Fat, Taiwan supermodel Chiling Lin, and mainland actress Vicki Zhao.

"Battle of Red Cliffs" will begin shooting later this month, and is slated to premiere next year.

http://english.cri.cn/3086/2007/03/06/1261@202471.htm
qqshao

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:18 pm    Post subject:

Anyway,I'll always support Tony
7thclouds

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:09 am    Post subject: professionalism

According to some news papers http://orientaldaily.on.cc/ent/ent_a04cnt.html
which were sited in HK Police site and thanks to HK Police
http://tonyleungcw.com/apolice/adiary.php (for me, about 2-3 days ago the news was run around at HK Police's site on the grounds of the rumors and the news from some HK papers she sited in her site), and thanks to the news in this today's thread and this site, and according to my poor cantonies ・・・

I assumed that Tony puts his reasons about his this decision
which seems to be that (roughfly)Tony would love to put himself into his role throughly, as he does always, then he thoughts the schedule was just not met....and John Woo and Tony has kept each respect and that mutural understanding will be last... (John Woo accepted and showed his understanding towards Tony's thoughs), as follows

東方日報
http://orientaldaily.on.cc/ent/ent_a04cnt.html

偉 仔 說 : 「 我 每 次 演 電 影 , 事 前 都 會 畀 自 己 時 間 做 足 準 備 工 夫 , 今 次 演 出 《 赤 壁 》 亦 唔 例 外 , 尤 其 今 次 所 演 係 歷 史 人 物 , 更 需 要 充 足 時 間 揣 摩 , 但 當 我 正 式 接 到 劇 本 後 , 發 覺 當 中 古 文 語 言 需 要 更 多 時 間 熟 讀 , 至 能 將 角 色 全 神 演 繹 , 我 亦 唔 想 將 諸 葛 亮 演 到 走 樣 , 所 以 我 選 擇 放 棄 , 無 謂 到 正 式 拍 攝 時 , 影 響 到 劇 組 同 導 演 進 度 。 而 吳 宇 森 亦 理 解 我 堅 持 , 今 次 合 作 唔 到 , 可 以 下 次 , 吳 宇 森 係 我 好 欣 賞 導 演 , 我 亦 好 感 激 佢 明 白 我 今 次 決 定 。 外 傳 我 叫 價 高 嚇 走 人 , 其 實 我 同 吳 宇 森 每 次 見 面 , 根 本 無 傾 片 酬 。

As a professional actor, I think, Tony did right thing.
Tony always fully puts himself into the role while reading the scripts in depth and researching the historical facts from many perspectives as many already knows, as Tony already said many occasions.

Tony knows what Tony needs to do for his act.
And probably the schedule of the film (RC) making was just not met with the through depth (and that is normal for Tony) prepartion.Tony has right to keep the quality.

I won't let myself down and looking forward to another chance Tony with John Woo as well as Tony did before. Also looking forward to CoP, Caution, Lust (although even I have not seen CoP yet!) and IP man...!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:25 am    Post subject: 独家:梁朝&#20255

独家:梁朝伟忍痛辞演诸葛亮 因<赤壁>开拍在即
http://ent.sina.com.cn/m/c/2007-03-06/22471469251.html
2007年03月06日22:47 新浪娱乐

新浪娱乐讯 有媒体报导,梁朝伟辞演吴宇森执导的历史巨制《赤壁》,而原本由他饰演的角色诸葛亮由金城武接棒。对其辞演原因媒体有两种说法,一种说法是他为维系与刘嘉玲的爱情而暂停工作,第二种说法是指他是因拍李安的《色,戒》后身心俱疲,担心无法应付接下来的演出而毅然辞演。

泽东公司向我们确认梁朝伟正式辞演诸葛亮的消息,同时也透露梁朝伟的决定是在同吴宇森导演洽谈之后做出的,双方都表示对彼此的理解。

梁朝伟鉴于《赤壁》是历史题材电影,而诸葛亮又是中国最伟大的代表人物之一,抱着谨慎认真的态度看完剧本后,自觉必须有充足的准备以充分演绎这个人物才能向观众和导演有所交待。但是因为《赤壁》在本月底就要开机,准备时间并不充分,加上需要大量语言训练,梁朝伟经慎重考虑只能忍痛割舍该角色。

对于金城武接替梁朝伟出演诸葛亮,Cris小姐称这是剧组的决定,不方便做有关回应。泽东公司也表示,吴宇森导演是梁朝伟最敬重的导演之一,两人也是多年好友,梁朝伟对于今次辞演《赤壁》感到遗憾,但也希望将来两人有机会再次携手合作

对于传言所称,梁朝伟是为感情而放弃工作。泽东公司予以否认,他们表示梁朝伟是专业演员,向来不会把私人感情带到工作中,不可能为了维护感情而去影响工作进程。至于之前有消息称梁朝伟已与关锦鹏接洽,欲演绎梅兰芳传奇一生,或是参演田壮壮的新戏。Cris小姐表示暂时还不便于透露梁朝伟的工作安排。

她证实泽东公司的另外一位艺人张震出演孙权一角的细节双方仍在密切协商中,有关报导称他有档期问题将会退出《赤壁》是误传。
 赵静/文

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:19 am    Post subject:

Wow, it is hard for me to believe this news...

Of all his new movies, Battle of Red Cliff is the one I look forward to the most. I really want to see him as the smart strategist of ancient China, Zhuge Liang. In my opinion, no one can carry that role better than him. Well, I guess I can only satisfy myself by re-watching Tony in Hero for now.

I am sure he got his own reasons to pull out, he knows best. Will support his actions, as always, and wishing only the best for him.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:56 am    Post subject: In my heart of hearts...

Peking's "Chengtian Entertainment Group",
Japanese"AVEX ASIA HOLDINGS LTD.",
Koria's "S.M.ENTERTAINMENT " and Producer Terence Chang......in my heart of hearts, I seem to hate them.

However, Tony doesn't like such fan's conjecture.
Therefore, I need to hold my tongue.

But....In My Humble Opinion,
Now,Japanese-Mongolia Movie "AOKI OOKAMI/The Blue Wolf: To the Ends of the Earth and Sea "gain a bad reputation from a lot of Japanese Movie fan and critic. AVEX ASIA and S.M.ENTERTAINMENT are investing in a big project of this movie,too.
I don't like such empty big budget movie. The essence of movies is story-telling and actor's charm, not big budget and be filled with deafening cries of joy(Banzai) from large mob! Confused
I think that Tony should'nt perform if "The Battle of Red Cliff " becomes such this Japanese movie. But John Woo isn't a Japanese old Directer, I hope to believe Mr.Woo's ability completely.

I watched "Confession of pain" Hongkong Spacial edition DVD. I love watch "AV Blog". This is a daily report of film shooting. I able to see Tony's true face at off-camera, I love him more and more. I feel that It was supported by theHongkong movie staff, Tony shone vividly. Yes, The Movie shooting is a team work. If Tony don't believe the owner and the sponsor of the team, he can't do "best play".

The early Japanese said:
"The place which matches well most is one of all things.
beautiful, if the Chinese milk vetch is in bloom in the field -- as ."

I feel......"The place which matches well most is one of all things.
beautiful, If Tony Leung Chiu-wai is in bloom in Hongkong...or supported by best member of Chinese stuff---as.

And In my life, Depending on the circumstances, giving up makes the heart peaceful.
It will be hard on itself to blame others.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:00 am    Post subject:

I have found this at another forum (KFC)

Leung’s big Cliff-hanger
Did Tony Leung ditch John Woo’s period epic, Red Cliff, to save his romance with Carina Lau?
TONY Leung Chiu Wai has abruptly dropped out of the John Woo historical epic, Red Cliff, amid rumours that he wants to salvage his 18-year romance with girlfriend Carina Lau.

Taiwanese-Japanese matinée idol Takeshi Kaneshiro will replace the award-winning Hong Kong actor in the lead role of military strategist Zhuge Liang, say producers.

Already, the Internet is abuzz with talk that Kaneshiro, famous more for his looks than his acting, has been miscast.

Ming Pao Daily News cited a Web survey in which 65% of those polled think Kaneshiro does not have what it takes to play the great statesman.

About 22% are for him, however, and about 12% say they will wait and see.

The shoot for the US$80mil (RM282mil) movie, the costliest in Asian film history, will start at the end of this month with an all-star cast led by Chow Yun Fat and Chiling Lin.

The official reason that Leung gave for opting out was fatigue. His representative from Jet Tone company told Ming Pao he was tired after shooting Oscar-winning director Ang Lee's spy thriller, Lust, Caution, and needed rest.

Leung apparently had a change of heart when he found out filming in China would take six months, not four.

But reports also said he might not want to spend half a year away from Lau, whose recent public appearances with Taiwanese tycoon Terry Gou has set tongues wagging.

As the rumours raged, Leung, 44, and Lau, 41, took off to Hokkaido, Japan, over the Chinese New Year period. But after their return, he went to a trade event looking thin, pale and far from recharged.

However, Media Asia Group chairman Peter Lam – who produced the Infernal Affairs trilogy starring Leung – told Apple Daily the actor was fine.

“Wai Chai told me himself he has never made a movie that was harder to make than Lust, Caution. He looks pale and thin as he’s been dieting, but he’s happy,” said Lam. “He says if he doesn’t look well, it isn’t because of Carina.”

Apple Daily had another theory for Leung’s backing out – money. Apparently, the producers wanted to turn Red Cliff into a two-part film, and his company tried to double his fee from US$1.5mil to US$3mil (RM5.28mil to RM10.57mil).

But producers could not pay him more as they had to give Chow US$10mil (RM35.2mil), said the report.

In contrast, Kaneshiro’s fee is reportedly a more reasonable HK$8mil (RM3.7mil).

The movie, set in the chaotic Three Kingdoms period in China, will star Chow as Zhuge Liang’s arch-opponent, strategist Zhou Yu, and Lin as Zhou’s beautiful wife, Little Qiao.

Zhang Fengyi, Chang Chen, You Yong and Hu Jun have been cast in the major roles of warlord Cao Cao, emperor Sun Quan, emperor Liu Bei and military commander Zhou Yun, respectively The Straits Times, Singapore / Asia News Network
http://www.star-ecentral.com/

There is much speculation for this but I support Tony in his decision. He is one of the best actors in the world and if he is not in the film (for whatever reason) it is the film's loss - not Tony's.

I also am touched by the way he protects Carina (but these thoughts are not related with his decision to opt out)
Info

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:10 pm    Post subject:

Chow Yun Fat confirmed that he quitted the project of "Battle of Red Cliff" a day before the movie started shooting on 14 April 2007.

According to a statement Chow Yun-Fat sent to Sina.com, Chow resigned from John Woo’s The Battle of Red Cliff last Friday not because of some unrealistic demands from him. Chow received the screenplay just one week before and the production had already begun. This gave him very little time to prepare for his role as he had to deliver his lines in Mandarin. Chow said he had agreed to take a pay cut for playing his role. Also, he did not believe the US-based insurance company played any role in his departure. Chow also hoped this incident would not affect his friendship with John Woo and producer Terence Chang.
summertime

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:41 pm    Post subject:

WOW . . .
summertime

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:43 pm    Post subject: Trouble in Paradise: Chow Yun Fat and John Woo at Odds

Trouble in Paradise: Chow Yun Fat and John Woo at Odds

Actor Chow Yun-fat said Monday he wants to pull out of John Woo’s new epic, dealing the director’s first major Chinese movie in years a heavy blow and casting a shadow over one of Hong Kong cinema’s most famous partnerships.

Woo helped make Chow’s trench-coat wearing, all guns-blazing character an icon in the 1986 Hong Kong gangster classic “A Better Tomorrow.”

A publicist at one of the movie’s investors said Chow made unreasonable demands and filmmakers are trying to resolve the dispute.

Chow said he submitted a request to pull out of the US$80 million Chinese historical epic “Red Cliff” through his lawyers Friday because he got the script late and didn’t have enough time to prepare for such a big production. He noted his lines were in the national Chinese dialect of Mandarin, not his native Cantonese.

“I only received the script a week ago. I honestly don’t have confidence I can portray my character well,” he said in a statement.

Wen Wengli, a publicity manager at China Film Group, said Chow had made “rather unreasonable” demands that exceeded industry standards, and that even Hollywood insurers for the movie had rejected the demands.

Wen said Chow had made “dozens” of demands, but that he didn’t know exactly what they were. “We don’t rule out the possibility of replacing him.”

Read more about this budding feud between Hong Kong’s legendary film partnership after the jump! … Is this the end as we know it?

In his statement, Chow denied playing the prima donna, saying he agreed to cut his salary and didn’t ask for a raise even though the movie will be split into two installments for Asian audiences.

He said he didn’t believe Hollywood insurers took issue with his demands because the same insurers agreed to his terms on two other recent movies.

“I hope this doesn’t hurt my friendship with Terence Chang and John Woo,” he said, referring to Woo and his producer partner.

Chang didn’t immediately respond to e-mails from The Associated Press seeking comment.

“Red Cliff” marks Woo’s return to Chinese film after spending time in Hollywood, where he made movies such as “Broken Arrow,” “Face/Off” and “Mission: Impossible 2.”

Chow’s possible pullout would deal a major blow to the director because he has already lost a big star, Tony Leung Chiu-wai.

Former Cannes best actor winner Leung pulled out because “Red Cliff” came too soon after his last movie, Ang Lee’s spy thriller “Lust, Caution.”

Woo replaced Leung with Taiwanese-Japanese heartthrob Takeshi Kaneshiro.

In other troubles, Woo said earlier he could not shoot at China’s largest river, the Yangtze, and had to create a similar backdrop with special effects.

The political stakes for “Red Cliff” are also high.

Producer Chang said earlier the Chinese government wants the movie released before the 2008 Beijing Olympics as a showcase of Chinese history.

“Red Cliff” is based on a war of the same name in 208 A.D. that determined the geography of the Three Kingdoms period, when China had three separate rulers.

Chang had said shooting was scheduled to start in late March, but the Chinese news Web site Sina.com reported Monday that shooting kicked off on Saturday.

Like Woo, Chow moved from Hong Kong to Hollywood, then returned to Chinese cinema.

After appearing in American movies such as “Anna and the King” and “Bulletproof Monk,” he recently played an emperor in Chinese director Zhang Yimou’s imperial epic “Curse of the Golden Flower” and Hong Kong director Ann Hui’s comedy “Postmodern Life of My Aunt.”

http://dailydumpling.com/2007/04/17/trouble-in-paradise-chow-yun-fat-and-john-woo-at-odds/#more-637
summertime

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:57 am    Post subject: Chow Yun-Fat "Fired" from "Battle of Red Clif

Chow Yun-Fat "Fired" from "Battle of Red Cliff"

2007-04-17 14:05:23 CRIENGLISH.com

Hong Kong actor Chow Yun-Fat poses during a photo call to promote his latest film "Curse of the Golden Flower" in Singapore December 12, 2006.

Just one day after John Woo's long-anticipated big budget epic "Battle of Red Cliff" started shooting, news has come that Hong Kong's super star Chow Yun-Fat has been dropped from the star cast.

This is the second HK international super star who has for various reasons been made to leave the film production team following Tony Leung's earlier turn-down of another major cast in this film for "what it is said his incompetence in speaking proper mandarin Chinese".

Beijing Evening News reports it received an official phone call confirmation on Chow Yun-Fat's case from the film's production team on Sunday night.

The production team alleged that Chow Yun-Fat put forward "nearly one-hundred unreasonable demands", which they said "they are unable to tolerate". Meanwhile, they also alleged that Chow Yun-Fat is "far beyond the age of his role in the film" and they have got what they call "negative feedbacks from the public on the point".

http://english.cri.cn/4026/2007/04/17/269@217120.htm
Kerilyn

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:58 pm    Post subject:

omg. WOW...... poor John Woo now. Both draws, Tony AND Yun-Fat dropped out... what to do?!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:05 am    Post subject: Tony came back RED CLIFF for friendship.

梁朝伟回赤壁救驾 暂定接替发哥演“周瑜”

http://www.sina.com.cn 2007年04月18日23:41 新浪娱乐

周润发事件后空出来的“周瑜”一角,经过中影公司和剧组两天的分头商谈努力,人选终于有了下落:梁朝伟!《赤壁》制片人张家振在接受采访时表示,基于和吴宇森导演20多年的友谊,以及看到周润发离开剧组,“《赤壁》又是中国电影史上那么受期待的作品,必须拍下去。”等出发点,接到吴宇森邀请重返剧组时,梁朝伟“一口答应下来。

由于还没最终签约,张家振不愿意确认梁朝伟出演的是哪个角色,也没有给出梁朝伟的进组时间。不过笔者从中影公司了解到,剧组和梁朝伟重新联系时,谈的就是“周瑜”而不是他辞演后由金城武代替的“诸葛亮”,梁朝伟本人也已基本同意。

角色胸怀大度没有“三气周瑜”

“败”也梁朝伟,成也梁朝伟——此前因为辞演诸葛亮引发换角风波的他,在《赤壁》剧组临阵废掉周润发导致阵容不整危机时决定回营救驾,让片方相关人士相当兴奋。张家振说自己很感谢梁朝伟帮忙,对这次合作充满期待。梁朝伟的重新回来,也让中影公司声明中的说法:“选出更适合‘周瑜’这一角色的演员,我们坚信此事不但不会影响影片的拍摄进度,反而会出现更好的结果。”落实下来,整个事件因此多出了削“发”明志的味道。

从周润发到梁朝伟,人选变动后会不会改写剧本?接受笔者采访时,《赤壁》项目负责人史东明说,剧本原来出彩的地方就是写人物,里边写的最棒的又当算周瑜、诸葛亮等人:“故事整体来说人物写得很有神,忠实于历史,甚至忠实于很多民间传说,尽可能照顾老百姓喜好。”但周瑜的形象比较特别,恰恰和民间传说反过来,“《赤壁》里边他是个很大度的人物,不像很多民间传说里描写的那么小气,比如说诸葛亮三气周瑜然后他给气死了,剧本里没有这个,在里头他和诸葛亮相见恨晚,两人之间互相欣赏,有很多精彩的戏。”

诸葛亮当“接生婆”强调农夫背景

梁朝伟重回《赤壁》剧组,也有消息称可能演回“诸葛亮”一角,毕竟他对这个角色更加了解一些,原来做过相关准备,更加青春偶像化的金城武则会转演“周瑜”,对此史东明表示不太可能。但“诸葛亮”的剧本形象,原型上会更接近梁朝伟一些。在前段时间签定洗印协议时,吴宇森曾说过剧组拍摄了一场“小马出生戏”,据制片张家振透露,为小马驹接生的是诸葛亮,“接生婆?你当然也可以这么说,那段场景很好玩,从这生活小细节中,能传递出他的经验、智慧和具有亲和力的人性。在剧本里诸葛亮以前是个农夫嘛,我们会用一些戏来强调他的这一面,比较生动。”

主演中争议比较大的,还有林志玲,史东明介绍说,《赤壁》里有三个女的形象,个个都不是媒体所说的花瓶:“林志玲的人物呢,剧本上栩栩如生,很小桥流水,很柔情似水,而且深明大义。在真实人物基础上进行虚构,虚构得很大胆,而且合乎逻辑。” 陈旧/文
   www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> The Latest Tony News All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: