TONYLEUNG.INFO
THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)

THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD

My Lucky Star

www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Tony Leung Movies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pungyo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:31 am    Post subject: My Lucky Star

I know we've been seeing Tony in a lot of very serious films lately... and he's been excellent in all of them. But, I saw "My Lucky Star" for the first time and laughed my heini off! Laughing Laughing

There aren't many dashing, renowned and handsome leading men Cool who would stand there with a big boogy hanging from his nose... or wear a crazy Afro wig after being hit by lightening. Oh, it was so funny. I really needed to laugh, and Tony in this film did the trick! I always forget his great comedic abililties until I see one of his light hearted movies.

Thanks, Tony for making us laugh, too.

-K

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:58 am    Post subject: Tony's comedies are stress relievers

I have to agree with you. I am a new fan of Tony's, but I find his comedies to be the best! My family, who do not know Cantonese well, cannot understand how I can just sit there watching Tony's comedies and laugh my head off. He is so natural, even playing the wackiest parts. Laughing Laughing Laughing
eliza bennet

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 12:10 am    Post subject:

I would like to recommend a film called Eagle Shooting Heroes to people who like to see Tony doing comedy. This film is a spoof of many wuxia films and novels (so it helps if you are familiar with the genre) and Tony here plays a main baddie. I find it hillarious and it is highly recommended for a dose of wacky Tony.

Also there is a more recent film (in comparison) called Chinese Odyssey 2002 and it is simply wonderful very romantic but also funny. Tony here is both comic and romantic (like in My Lucky Star but here in costume).

I too think that Tony is one of the few gifted actors who have both dramatic and comedic talent. Since comedy is the most hard to do I applaud Tony for excellent performances.
   www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Tony Leung Movies All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: