TONYLEUNG.INFO
THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)

THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD

Christmas present for Tony

www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Tony Leung Miscellaneous
View previous topic :: View next topic  
purple

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 1:49 am    Post subject: Christmas present for Tony

Fans have been known to give their idols creative and luxurious gifts e.g. diamond rings, gold necklaces, car number plates, etc. Since Christmas is around the corner, if you could give anything, anything at all to Tony, what would you give him?

You don't really have to give it to him, just for discussion sake. Anyway, as they say, it's the thought that counts and Tony has insisted that fans do not buy him gifts but just give him cards instead. What "special" gifts you have given him before, perhaps can share with the forum?

I am thinking of giving him a video clip ala National Geographic style with a "We are the World" theme in which Tony fans from all over the world can say a bit about their country/people, why they like Tony, what their wishes for Tony, etc. That way Tony can see for himself anywhere around the globe, he has fans who adore him. And also this can unite fans of different countries and cultures. Although I think both have been achieved already through this website Smile. I have no idea how I am going to do it but is sure a fun idea! Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:24 pm    Post subject:

What a great idea!
I think I would give him some books by my favorite author, Neil Gaiman. He seems to love reading, and I frequently give copies of Good Omens by Neil and Terry Pretchett (my other favorite author) to people on my list who "have everything". It's a very funny book about Armageddon.
purple

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 9:08 pm    Post subject:

Yes, it is sure hard to think of what to give to ppl who "have everything", especially if they are guys Smile

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:44 pm    Post subject:

Whew!! that's quite a difficult question. Uhmm.. I think I will give him a personally crafted SCRAPBOOK which features the beautiful places in the Philippines, pictures of his Filipino fans and their personal messages to Tony. I will use materials commonly found in the Philippines so he will always remember that the gift is from a Filipino friend. Hope he'll like it!!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:21 pm    Post subject:

Wow marsha, you are so creative. To "use materials commonly found in the Philippines" - that's brilliant! I don't know about Tony but I will definitely like it and feel touched Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:58 pm    Post subject:

I think this is a good topic to bring up again since Summer is officially over and Christmas will be on us b4 we know it!!!
We're speaking hupothetically right? 'Cos if i could, i would give Tony a private island that he could go to any time he needed to get away from it all (he doesn't have one already does he?).
It would be totally secluded and i would of course swear that i don't have a secret access to it just for me! Twisted Evil
Marie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 3:41 am    Post subject:

Good idea Bibi. As you say, Christmas will be here before we know it.

Well...I would give Tony a deluxe, private edition of all the poems he has inspired. Right now that is--two--but I think there is time for me to write more. I have only begun to watch his films and read various interviews that he has given over the years, so there is likely to be more in the coming months. With Lust, Caution ready for release in the US, and the attendant world-wide interviews, there is likely to be fresh inspiration. I have already posted the first poem on the forum. The second one is "in progress" as they say. It is a bit trickier poem, though, because it is only partially inspired by Tony. Leslie Cheung and the Guatemalan singer Ricardo Arjona also gave me inspiration for this poem. The subject is celebrity, and all three of these artists have had a lot to say about the adverse effects of celebrity on their lives. When it is done, I'll post it somewhere on this site. The other poems will come when they come. But I have plenty of time for inspiration. The only question I would have, is it actually possible to send Tony something by post? Does he have a publicist or someone who would handle fan mail for him?

Marie
summertime

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 4:06 am    Post subject:

Hi Marie Smile

From a different part of this website:

Contact Tony

Tony has signed a contract with Jet Tone, WKW's production company.

The best way to contact him is to call or send a letter to the following address.

Jet Tone Films Ltd
21/f park commercial centre
no.180 tung lo wan road, hong kong

tel: 852-23361102

fax: 852-23379849

email: jettone@netvigator.com
Marie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 4:51 am    Post subject:

Thanks for the info, Summertime.

It is great to know that when I have a collection of poems inspired by Tony, I have somewhere to send it. It may take longer than Christmas to get a body of work together, though. Writing poetry is a slow process for me right now. It isn't lack of inspiration so much as lack to time. Tony's first poem came to me while I was trying to cook dinner, so I was scribbling things down on the pad I use for writing up grocery lists. Very Happy The poem on celebrity came to me at 6:30 a.m., when I was supposed to be getting ready to go to work. I was 30 minutes late for work that day. I could hardly tell my boss I was writing a poem and that was the reason I was late for work.

As a writer, I have received a lot of inspiration from great artists over the years. A very special flamenco singer inspired an entire novel. (He was a tragic figure who died at 42, 3 years before I discovered his work. To deal with my grief, I wrote the novel.) I discovered the work of a composer who lives in New York at a very critical turning point in my life 3 years ago. This encounter spawned a poetry collection that currently stands at about 75 poems. Now there is my latest discovery, my two Hong Kong "boys"--Tony Leung and Leslie Cheung. (The tragic circumstances of Leslie's death, which I only learned about a few weeks ago, still moves me to tears. This morning, when I found out that he lived for 25 minutes after he jumped, I cried like my heart was breaking. I hope all the suffering he went through in trying to end his life in some way repaid part of the karmic debt he incurred.) The work of these great artists touches my heart in very rare and special ways. This, in turn, is what seems to generate my own "art". There is nothing better than being able to share the end product with the muse that inspired it. Artists like to hear that they inspire others with their art. It gives them a sense that all the hard work, inconvenience and even suffering that are part of their working lives is worth it, that they do touch the hearts of their audience. In the end, that is the point of art, really, to make a profound connection with other human-beings.

Wah, what a ramble!!! Still, sometimes these things need to be articulated. Artists need to know the power of their work on others. Inspiration is circular, the energy moves back and forth between performer and audience. Inspiration is one of the most creative forces there is and needs to find expression. Don't keep your inspiration to yourself. There are million ways that energy can become concrete and be given existence in the physical realm so that it can change your life and the lives of others. And isn't this world in need of a little transformation?

Marie
Bibi

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 6:07 am    Post subject:

Wow, Marie, you're so right!
It's almost like giving back to them! I hope you plan to publish.
I should especially like to see a collection inspired
by your Hong Kong "boys."!
   www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Tony Leung Miscellaneous All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: