TONYLEUNG.INFO
THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)

THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD

The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face

www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Get to know each other
View previous topic :: View next topic  
D-love

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 3:37 pm    Post subject: The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face

Hellow,

I am a new member to this sight, and it's just like "Tony" Grrrrrrrrrate! Back in '93, I was really starting to get in to films from other contries. I was already enjoying classic Kung Fu flicks from the '70s and '80s. Also films with sub titles from around the world. I went out to rent a movie, and came across one with a face I thought I recognised, from watching action films from china. The movie was "The Lover". Set in 1920s Siagon , a relationship develops between a wealthy Chinese gentlman and a young French woman. The way Tony delivered His line "I am Chinese." OOOO with that smile . I almost fainted ! This was the same man from " Bullet In the Head" etc... action playing such an amazing degree of depth in this role. Needless to say I was hooked, and it began my quest to find all His movies. Very Happy
summertime

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 5:11 pm    Post subject:

Welcome D-love Smile

Hope you have fun on this site Smile

Just wanted to point out that it's Tony Leung Ka Fai in "The Lover", and Tony Leung Chiu Wai in "Bullet In The Head". This site is for Tony Leung Chiu Wai.

Enjoy !
Pungyo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:56 am    Post subject:

Hi D-love,

Welcome, welcome! I'm from Jersey, too!! But, yes, summertime is right... even many websites make the mistake of confusing Tony Leung Ka Fai, with our Tony Leung Chiu Wai.

"The Lover" was a great movie... and Leung Ka Fai is a great actor, too. But, my heart belongs to Wai Jai (Leung Chiu Wai's nickname!) Maybe this little mistake happened for a reason... you're now introduced to another great actor! Check out "Bullet in the Head" or "Hero" or "In the Mood for Love" or any of his award winning films... I guarantee you'll be hooked!

Stay cool!! Cool

-K
   www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Get to know each other All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: