TONYLEUNG.INFO
THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)

THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD

Tony will appear in Ann Lee's new film!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> The Latest Tony News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ashley323

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 5:17 pm    Post subject:

ach wrote:
It seems that the location in HK for this film will be Lingnan.
Do anyone know ?

Sorry I don't Sad But when will the filming in HK start?

It's going to be Sept very soon... anyone has more updates about the filming in Malaysia, i.e. in Ipoh and Penang Question Cool
purple

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 2:36 am    Post subject: Updates

ANG LEE BRINGS TONY LEUNG AND CREW TO MALAYSIA FOR "LUST, CAUTION" FILMING

Oscar-winning director, Li An (Ang Lee) currently has a new production to film. This new film, entitled "Se, Jie (Lust, Caution)" has already begun filming yesterday in Malaysia, and will continue to do so for the next week until the 10th. They will film the production in Penang and Ipoh for several days.

On September 1st, Ang Lee brought Leung Chiu-Wai (Tony Leung), Wang Li-Hong (Leehom Wang), and Tang Wei to Malaysia to begin the new film "Lust, Caution." Zhen Anshou Road in Ipoh, which was one of the streets that were chosen for filming, had already completed the scene arrangements in an old store. This old store was originally an old room where no one will even take a glance at, but now it has transformed into a simple store back in pre-modern China. Not only did its appearance changed, the crew also added many more accessories. It was a completely different makeover for the store, and many people that would walk by would stop and use their phone to snap a picture.

Because the 31st is Malaysia's National Holiday, many of the old streets in Ipoh will be blocked for a National parade. Some of the streets were also the streets Ang Lee would soon film in, so therefore currently they are constantly finishing their scenery work before the big day.

The governement is extremely careful about Ang Lee's expectation of the film so they contacted the Ipoh police, fireman, and ambulance for the producers' convenience to confirm that the filming process will go by smoothly.

The government is also really proud of Ang Lee's arrival. The media said that they will not interfere with the production. They said, "Ang Lee is coming to Ipoh for filming. Soon, Ipoh will be more well known around the world after "Lust, Caution" will do their worldwide promotion. It will be stupid to interfere."

Currently, "Lust, Caution" are hiring extras for the film. They are hiring people to play salesmans, prostitutes, etc. They will also need to make up some of their lines.

A model in Kuala Lumpur, Kang Rui-Fang (25 years) said that in the interviewing room there were only two female interviewers and a camera. She had to face the camera and introduce herself. The interviewers then took out a fragrant tobacco and a handbag, telling her to play a prostitute. "They gave me a fragrant tobacco and I would be in the streets, pretending to be a prostitute that is pulling in men into the prostitute house. The next minute, they give me a handbag to be a salesman and told me to pretend to be selling the bag to them."

Another person from Kuala Lumpur, Zhu Zhi-Min (24 years), is currently a student of an acting class. He once played a small role in a Malaysia Telivision show. "This time, an international movie is filming in this country and is also trying to hire extras. This is a very rare and great chance for me, so me and my friends went to Ipoh first thing in the morning for the interview."

Source: Min Sheng Bao
Credit: HOM2usic Station
Translations: Scarlett

(Taken from: http://homaniacs.suddenlaunch.com/index.cgi?board=newss&action=display&num=1157209052)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 7:54 pm    Post subject: Photos

(Taken from: http://homaniacs.suddenlaunch.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=newss&num=1111496203&start=345)

I am guessing that these pictures are related to the movie preparation of "Lust Caution" in Ipoh. (Sorry, I don't know how to read Chinese. Maybe someone can help to translate the articles...)

The buildings look familiar, should be from Ipoh and we don't have trams like that...so should be for the movie.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 5:16 am    Post subject:

You are right! This tram is featured in the movie. Apparently, they spent a good few hours taking test shots, so it looks like an important prop in the movie. As for the wall, it is a backdrop for the movie as well.

Read that they have already started to recruit extras for the movie, and the selection process is quite stringent. Any luck Purple and ashley?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 9:05 pm    Post subject:

Thanks Looney Tune for the confirmation. Yeah I heard about the hiring of extras as well but unfortunately I heard it AFTER the audition is over. Neither Ashley, myself nor my dad get to be an extra. Don't think I will qualify anyway as they are looking for pretty girls to play prostitutes Laughing No matter, never thought of being an actor, just wanted to catch a glimpse of Tony...

Rumour is that the main cast will be in Ipoh from 7-9th Sep and in Penang on the 10th. Not sure if it is Tony or Leehom because I read this from a Leehom fansite.

Not sure if I want to balik kampung (Malay, meaning going home to one's hometown) to Ipoh this Friday. Even if Tony actually comes, I will have as much chance as winning a lottery, lucky enough to be at the right time and place of where exactly he will be plus if they let me within 5 metres of the set...

Tony is already being so good to his fans - granting us the bday party, replying our msgs, etc. Couldn't ask for anything more Smile Won't want to disturb him while he concentrates on his work. His work and his professionalism at work is what I admire him most for. (The other reasons are how he looks at life and him full of character).

But when I think Leehom will have fans cheering for him, I want to be there for Tony (not that Tony needs any that sort of thing or I am that influential). Just a lonely impulse of delight to see him. Just staring at him will be enough...As usual, staring is all I can do while I freeze up admiring the guy...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:29 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, I didn't get to try out for the audition as well. Haha I don't think I meet the requirements to begin with Embarassed

I cannot make it to Ipoh/Penang this Friday coz I will be away for the weekend, and it's too late for me to make any changes Crying or Very sad True, might not even see Tony at all but it would be fun to make a short trip and try our luck though. Even a glimpse of him would really make me very happy. Sigh, doesn't seem possible now. I have been pretty devastated since I got the news...still am. If they are really leaving Malaysia on the 10th, there goes my chance Sad

Purple was right. He has done a lot for fans and the least fans could do is to let him work (act) in peace without interruption. As for me, staring from afar, seeing him in person would really mean soooo much to me! For a fan who has never met him, and is now so close to having that chance... you could imagine the heartbreak... Crying

Nonetheless I'm proud that Malaysia is chosen as one of the filming locations. And prouder still to have Tony here... Hope Tony will have a good time and many wonderful moments here... Smile
eliza bennet

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:09 am    Post subject:

Oh! But you both must go to Ipoh!!! If you can't make it then you must meet him in Penang.

Tony is very professional and I understand how you don't want to disturb him but I truly don't think he will be disturbed if his fans just see him for a few minutes and wish him well. Of course he has all these people around him to get his every wish but maybe he needs something that you can do for him (recommend a restaurant, where to get something to bring back to Carina etc.) What if there is something you can do for him to make his life in Malaysia easier? You never know if you don't ask right?

I think you must not feel shy about it and try to contact the company and see if you can arrange a meeting, before or after shooting. Of course Info will know this better but I think Tony will be happy to meet the fans.

Good luck with that and I hope you will get to meet Tony.
Mon

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:55 am    Post subject:

I think this is not the right time to meet tony cause the schedule quite tight.
Info

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 3:28 pm    Post subject:

It was reported that the shooting in Malaysia would not involve Tony at the moment, it would mainly focus on Leehom Wang and Tang Wei.

李安表現親民
巡視大馬《色‧戒》拍攝場地

【明報專訊】李安執導的《色‧戒》明日在馬來西亞正式開拍,影帝梁朝偉沒有戲分,暫時只有王力宏及湯唯演出。李安前晚先到鄭安壽街視察街景,昨午再到怡保舊街場錫米街「合興士多」巡視場地,吸引不少市民圍觀。

怡保多古老建築物

李安現場表現得很親民,大方面對鏡頭,最特別是他親自入士多度位時,因工作人員沒有攜帶相機,一度要問在場攝影記者借相機,以從相機鏡頭中了解拍攝角度。李安說﹕「來怡保取景是因為這裏保持有很多古老建築物,香港和台灣已無法找到像怡保這裏露台上的瓶形圍牆。」

有人要求不封錫米街拍戲

據知,有人曾向有關當局提呈法律信件,要求不要封錫米街拍戲,結果州政府經考慮讓電影繼續拍攝。
lemonberry

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 7:37 pm    Post subject:

梁朝偉“東勝客棧”取景
金寶戲院街9月6日封路
updated:2006-09-05 20:50:57 MYT

(怡保訊)李安與梁朝偉將於週三下午,在金寶戲院街一間戰前建築物“東勝客棧”取景,其中一幕是梁朝偉上下樓梯的畫面。

據知,拍攝時間是下午5點到隔天凌晨4點。到時金寶戲院街及郵政局街將封鎖,以免阻礙拍攝進度。

由於這是夜晚的戲份,為了營造黑暗的感覺,劇組也要求附近商店把所有燈光關掉,提早打烊。

記者發現“東勝客棧”的樓梯已經鋪上木板,對面的冰水檔招牌也改成“明合堂藥行”。 (光明日報‧2006/09/05)
eliza bennet

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 9:58 pm    Post subject:

Oh it is too bad that Tony will not be in this part of the film. I can just imagine how excited I would be if he was coming to Istanbul to act in a film.
purple

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:26 am    Post subject:

eliza bennet wrote:
Oh! But you both must go to Ipoh!!! If you can't make it then you must meet him in Penang.

Tony is very professional and I understand how you don't want to disturb him but I truly don't think he will be disturbed if his fans just see him for a few minutes and wish him well.

oh, eliza...your words are so encouraging, makes me want to drop everything and go to Ipoh right now, with or without Tony being there Very Happy

Info wrote:
It was reported that the shooting in Malaysia would not involve Tony at the moment, it would mainly focus on Leehom Wang and Tang Wei.

Thanks Info for the info. Not so good news though Sad

Below is the further news update about the filming:

Wednesday September 6, 2006
All set for filming of Lust, Caution

IPOH: Oscar-winning Taiwanese director Ang Lee is happy with the film sets built here for his latest movie Lust, Caution.

“I like the olden day feel of the whole city. I’ve not been able to find this anywhere else,” he told reporters after a visit to one of the sites on Jalan Bandar Timah yesterday.

He expressed satisfaction over the life-like construction of a brick wall facing a row of pre-war shoplots along the street.

A corner shop has also been transformed into a mini sundry shop to be used for a scene in the movie.

“The set-up looks very authentic,” he said, adding that he was unable to find any location in Hong Kong that resembled a World War II street scene of Shanghai for his movie.

Lee thanked the state government for allowing him to film in selected locations in the city.

Filming begins today at Jalan Bandar Timah, Jalan Panglima, Jalan Tun Sambanthan, Jalan Chua Cheng Bok, Jalan Che Wan, Jalan Sultan Yusuf, Jalan Dato’ Maharajalela and Jalan Pasar here.

(Taken from: http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2006/9/6/north/15344716&sec=north)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:33 pm    Post subject:

It was reported that <Lust, Caution> started filming yesterday, and Tony will join the team in Malaysia next week.

李安重建舊上海

李 安 新 作 《 色 , 戒 》 , 昨 於 馬 來 西 亞 開 鏡 , 李 安 率 領 演 員 王 力 宏 、 湯 唯 及 數 十 名 劇 組 人 員 上 香 拜 神 後 旋 即 開 工 。 而 由 於 電 影 背 景 是 三 、 四 十 年 代 的 上 海 , 李 安 特 地 從 香 港 及 中 國 訂 製 各 式 各 樣 的 招 牌 , 以 營 造 舊 上 海 感 覺 。

王 力 宏 前 日 下 午 到 達 馬 來 西 亞 會 合 《 色 》 片 大 隊 , 李 安 晚 上 先 設 宴 為 他 與 女 主 角 湯 唯 洗 塵 , 未 知 是 否 開 工 在 即 , 李 安 心 情 甚 佳 , 胃 口 極 好 , 更 連 喝 三 杯 竹 蔗 龍 眼 涼 茶 。

飯 後 , 李 安 跟 工 作 人 員 到 鄭 安 壽 街 , 為 開 工 前 作 最 後 準 備 , 看 了 約 半 小 時 後 , 李 安 與 工 作 人 員 坐 上 電 車 兜 風 , 再 細 看 取 景 場 地 , 因 街 上 有 不 少 人 認 識 李 安 , 故 吸 引 了 超 過 卅 名 市 民 圍 觀 。 李 安 坐 客 貨 車 預 備 離 開 時 , 更 司 機 讓 大 家 拍 完 照 才 開 車 , 非 常 友 善 。 另 外 , 為 營 造 三 、 四 十 年 代 的 舊 上 海 感 覺 , 李 安 更 特 地 從 香 港 及 中 國 訂 製 各 式 各 樣 的 招 牌 , 然 後 掛 在 拍 攝 場 地 。

偉 仔 下 周 到
經 過 一 輪 籌 備 , 電 影 終 在 昨 日 開 鏡 , 李 安 與 王 力 宏 及 湯 唯 等 誠 心 上 香 拜 神 , 王 力 宏 更 與 李 安 及 工 作 人 員 互 相 擁 抱 , 之 後 旋 即 開 工 , 與 湯 唯 演 對 手 戲 。 至 於 電 影 第 一 男 主 角 梁 朝 偉 , 據 消 息 指 應 該 會 於 下 周 到 馬 來 西 亞 開 工 。 文 : 娛 樂 小 組
Info

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:40 pm    Post subject:

李安率王力宏湯唯開鏡拜神
工作人員阻攔採訪惹混亂 2006年9月7日

【明報專訊】李安導演的《色,戒》昨首日在馬來西亞怡保舊街場開工,大隊前日抵大馬,李安的奧斯卡導演榮譽讓攝製隊處處受優待﹔大馬政府安排封街拍戲外,連他們光顧晚飯的餐廳也清場,好讓他們靜心享用晚餐免受騷擾。

大馬政府安排封街

《色,戒》昨日在怡保舊街場拍攝,怡保市政廳執法人員與交警早上到場將列治街6間店舖的路段封鎖,閒人免進﹔不過,Fans早聞風而至在欄外為睹偶像風采。主要場景是「合興士多」與舊街景,但拍攝是黑箱運作,工作人員將場景以黑布包圍,圍觀者只有在空隙中偷窺。工作人員先佈置場景,李安與女主角湯唯、王力宏先後到場。王力宏是學生哥打扮,燙貼的髮型配合電影的40年代背景,而湯唯也是清純學生的打扮。歌迷在圍欄外大叫王力宏的名字,他也友善地揮手回應。

開鏡儀式在中午舉行,李安率現場逾30名工作人員上香﹔原本拜神儀式是開放給傳媒採訪的,怎料現場的工作人員竟出手阻擋記者拍照,一度引起混亂。雖然現場封閉以便拍攝,但拍攝開始了40分鐘便受阻礙。距場地的200公尺外有回教教堂正播放可蘭經經文,李安唯有叫停待廣播完才繼續拍攝。

餐廳晚膳獲清場待遇

前晚李安與王力宏等到了「亞三屋」吃地道咖喱,餐廳老闆播王力宏的歌歡迎他到場卻令他有點尷尬,要求工作人員將歌曲聲量調低。老闆表示為免劇組受打擾,故該段時間他們沒有接待其他食客。
ashley323

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 4:49 pm    Post subject:

Thanks Info for the updates.

Translation please, anyone? Very Happy

The latest updates I heard is that Tony will not be in Ipoh at all (Sin Chew Daily dated 06.09.2005; China Press dated 07.09.2006).

A friend from Penang told me this morning that Ang Lee will start shooting in Penang tomorrow... does that mean Tony will be joining the crew in Penang tomorrow onwards? Wondering how long the shooting in Penang will take. Can anyone confirm this Question
   www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> The Latest Tony News All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: