TONYLEUNG.INFO
THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)

THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD

news on Tony's next film project (4/20/2006)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> The Latest Tony News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eliza bennet

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 12:02 am    Post subject:

I'm sure everyone appreciates the translations but they fail to comment one way or another (maybe they can't find a thing to say)

But it is true that Tony being in new projects is something I miss a lot, when he has work we have lots to talk about here and I get to learn news things not only about Tony but about general matters as well.
cutie_G

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 9:22 pm    Post subject:

sorry, Lemonberry.....we all appreciated your delications, it's just that I'm one of those silent readers here that usually don't reply. Probably because I'm like Tony..very concised in words. I'm actually very excited about this news, I have told all my friends about Tony's new movies. Thank you for the translation.
news

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 5:59 pm    Post subject:

lemonberry wrote:
eliza bennet wrote:
Thanks lemonberry!

btw, the way you summarize the articles are really admirable - getting right to the point Smile

thanks eliza & mu99le for your responses. I was getting somewhat discouraged because it seems like not many people were excited by this piece of news. Also, the only time that the post gets a lot of reply when there's no translation, then everyone would write "someone please translate". And when you actually do translate it right the way, not many care to respond.

I comprehend where you are coming from Lemonberry. There are times when people are too busy or feel it's unimportant to drop an appreciation note for kind gestures. Likewise, I'm one of them recently. On that note, I do appreciate you sharing your findings with us at TL.Org. Despite not sufficient readers/browsers show their thankful to you, but we non-Chinese speakers do really grateful for every single time you or anyone spends the time and effort translate a brief or long piece of articles. As always, a BIG thank-you to you!

And hope all is well!
akane

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 12:53 am    Post subject:

thanks, lemonberry!

this is good news indeed...two gorgeous and talented actors in one movie, best piece of news i have heard in a long time.

janice turned it down bec of the bed scene with takeshi? Shocked i would've scrambled for the role..but that's just me, hihihi Very Happy
Sreyda

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 8:37 pm    Post subject: j

Thanks Lemonberry for the translation. It was really appreciated. Smile Altough I did hear something similiar to mu99le- that the story is about a detective who avenges his father's death. I also heard conflicting rumors about wether Takeshi is actually in it or not and that it will start shooting sometime in June. Oh well go figure. I do agree with all of you guys- I really hope Takeshi and Tony will be working together in this film. They are both two of the most charismatic actors out there.

Btw eliza bennet, might you be the heroine of my favorite book ever?

Takeshi Kaneshiro

Last edited by Sreyda on Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:32 am; edited 3 times in total
eliza bennet

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 3:04 am    Post subject:

Yes! And it is my favorite book ever too! Smile
May

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 7:14 pm    Post subject:

I love tony and takeshi,too.
Both are so handsome and talented. Razz
Ivy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 5:51 pm    Post subject:

Confused
I wonder which bad cop that Tony acted as except this?
why do you say"Tony as bad cop again?"
In the"Infernal Affairs",he is always a good cop,and I love the role. In the end,he died,and I weaped.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 8:55 pm    Post subject:

Hi Ivy,

To answer your question, Tony acted as a bad cop in "The Longest Night" or in Cantonese, "Ngam Fa". He is quite brutal in that one but i think it is a clever movie.

Purple
eliza bennet

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 10:48 pm    Post subject:

The Longest Nite is a great film and once again a testament to Tony's acting talents. Not only that but he has great chemistry with Lau Ching Wan in this film and this makes it even more watchable.

It is definitely not a feel good film though, a noir if you like the genre.
purple

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 11:36 pm    Post subject: Tony and Lau Ching Wan

Yeah Tony partnership with Lau Ching Wan is good in Longest Night but the best of them is in "Dr Mack". Absolutely funny. Laughing

Purple
7thclouds

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 1:07 am    Post subject: ;)

I have not watched LongestNihgt although i have.. but I at least like the film DR MACK ... the Tony ... laid back... but forcused... and tony and the lan chawi..as in longest night...

looking forward to all tony's new works / film project ...

dearest tony love
7thclouds(mari t)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:03 pm    Post subject:

Dr.Mack was not bad but as for UFO productions go, my fave is He Ain't Heavy He's My Father - Tony's electric gaze is so funny in that.

(maybe the rasist jokes turned me off from Dr.Mack)
wan yu

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 3:46 am    Post subject:

hehs, i love both the films Doctor Mack & He Ain't Heavy Hes My Father, Tony's great in it. as for The Longest Night, i have the DVD but have yet to find time to watch it =/. anyways, the SCV cable tv recently started showing Doctor Mack. so those in Singapore, can look out for it !!

wan yu =)
7thclouds

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 5:29 am    Post subject: many films that i love tony expressed

ha- Very Happy Very Happy He Ain't Heavy He's My Father is also my favorite as I already wrote before...Very Happy But also DR MACK is my favorite too… (and also as a film with Ching Wang Law...I mean....tbtw..What I meant “although I have" is although I have DVD but have not watched longest night... ) Very Happy
Well...in DR MACK. well ...The film, at that point, seemingly implicated that the film deemed that certain friendly cherishing atmospher was seen amongst people who gathered on some sort of Christianity...although the film has had some sort of subtle cynical perspectives towards such atmosphere at the some time. I also assume that the film deemed that any good thoughts could be or can be cohabitate with... in Hong Kong even after many historical/cultural differences and difficulties... At least any good thoughts without malicious harmful behaviors/ manipulations and/or violence, visibly or invisibly, are not to be prejudiced .. And at the same time, in my opinion, there were, in that film, no pressures on people into deeming Christianity as something better than or preferable than… either…

Any good thoughts without religion or with any religion (ex: for Israeli/ Islamic/ Buddhism / Christianity) can be supportive for each humane goodness from each for each… at any place of this space…… that I believe… anyway...

Well, anyway, I will watch my DVD of longest night... someday ha-ha.

Happy birthday Tony Wink
dearest Tony love
7thclouds(mari t)
   www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> The Latest Tony News All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: