TONYLEUNG.INFO
THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)

THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD

Infernal Affairs I website

www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Tony Leung Movies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
purple

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:04 am    Post subject: Infernal Affairs I website

I came across this website on Infernal Affairs I (http://www.infernalaffairs.com/2002/) and it says in the Character section for Elva Hsiao's character that the little girl was Tony's daughter in the movie! Wow, I have watched the movie many times but it didn't come across my mind that little girl could be his daughter. Now it makes sense why the girl appears again during Yan's funeral. Oh, so sad.

"May was Yan's girlfriend during his academy years. Later, Yan was forced to break up this relationship for the undercover task. They never saw each other again until one fateful day. With a child on her side now, May handles the scene at ease, trying hard not to show her emotions boiling inside. Yan never knows that he is the father of the child."

I think the directors and scriptwriters are clever enough to use other characters and other happenings in the movie to help Tony tell his sad/inner stories without Tony outrightly acting it out and saying it out. Pretty much like Gladiator and The Longest Nite. The magic of movies!
Kerilyn

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:50 am    Post subject:

Well if you look at how Elva says Tony and her haven't been together since like 6-7 years, and here she is fumbling over her daughter's age, and then her daughter later goes "I'm 7 now" (I don't remember if it was 6 or 7!) it's kind of obvious.
I got it after the second watch though, so I'm a stupid head too. Wink

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 11:38 pm    Post subject:

Yes, that scene is heart breaking. And Tony leaves them and doesn't know its his little daughter.

Only catched it at second time as well. - Poor Yan!!!!

宁死不屈。
   www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Tony Leung Movies All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: