TONYLEUNG.INFO
THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)

THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD

Guys, I found out it's quite hard to understand 2046!!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Tony Leung Movies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Franka

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 6:38 pm    Post subject: Guys, I found out it's quite hard to understand 2046!!!

I've seen the movie few days ago, and I found that this movie, 2046, is quite hard to understand. Don't you guys think so??? Cool

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:25 pm    Post subject:

I thought it was the easiest to watch among WKW movies. The narration by Tony makes it easy to follow. Maybe it's the parallel between the fictional futuristic world, and the present world that make it confusing. Try watching it a couple of times and it'll all make sense.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 8:12 pm    Post subject:

it took me two watches to realy understand what was going on in this film.

it was the parts that skip over to the novel that confused me. i also found the second time i watched it that there was alot i did actually see the first time. it was like watching two different versions of it from one day to the next.

"Intelligent people can make anything sound plausible". The Dahli Lama

I used to be indecisive, but now i'm not sure.
hamberger362

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 8:18 am    Post subject:

I've watch 2046 two times, but I wonder the meaning of 2046 . Can anyone tell me the real meaning of 2046? Is it the name of the train, year or the room number? Confused

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 8:50 am    Post subject:

i think it's the room number Very Happy
aussielung

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 3:11 am    Post subject:

your right. it is the room number.

that number shows up in WKW films. it's in ITMFL, the hotel room where maggie and tony' characters meet is room 2046.

"Intelligent people can make anything sound plausible". The Dahli Lama

I used to be indecisive, but now i'm not sure.
hamberger362

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 4:53 am    Post subject:

Thanks GUEST and aussielung for answers. I think I should watch 2046 again. I can't understand in many scenes especially the part of TAKUYA, FAYE WONG and CARINA . It's hard to understand. But,the parts of TONY are easy to understand. Confused
mu99le

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 5:18 pm    Post subject:

i only don't understand 1 thing: the lulu/mimi story. i've asked this before and someone had explained, but still i'm puzzled. why chang chen murdered her? and what that has to do with tony's story?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 9:59 pm    Post subject:

With my simple mind I'd say... they have to get Lulu out of the picture, so that Chow can attempt to rent the room himself.

They just did it too dramatic, WKW murdered her!
miss. texas

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 12:02 am    Post subject:

Hi all,
2046 is both the room no. and the year...interesting fact, i think I read somewhere that WKW picked that number as it is also the year that HK will fully revert to Chinese rule and no longer a special administrative region, as it is now....the notion holds a touch of romantic genius, don't you think?

I recommend that in order to understand this movie a bit better, watch in sequence: 1) Days of being wild
2) In the mood for love
3) 2046

I know that WKW has said that it may or may not be sequential, but I find it definitely helps with the character development. Having said that, I think that 2046 is more than able to stand on it's own.
As for Mimi/ Lulu.....I think it was well said in the movie that, in her world she "is the leading lady". I didn't really expect a different ending for her.
She's still my leading lady!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 6:06 pm    Post subject:

2046 is also the time and place where lost memories are supposedly found. The film deals with the idea of trying to hold on to the past. Just as Chow Mo Wan cannot get over his almost love affair with Maggie Cheung's Su Li Zhen, Wong Kar Wai tries to capture the Hong Kong in the 60s that he knew from his childhood. It's tragic that Hong Kong, like the constantly evolving cityscape in the credits, is so hasty to build over it's beautiful, antiquated past. In interviews, Wong Kar Wai talks about filming the street scenes in Bangkok because Hong Kong has changed. The year 2046 (as miss texas said) is therefore symbolic of a time when the Hong Kong that is known and loved will be lost forever. This layer of meaning perhaps makes 2046 the biggest work of Wong Kar Wai to date, and also the most relevant.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 5:30 am    Post subject:

2046 is a crap film scratch scratch i still don`t understand even i have watch it couple of times Question Question

SORRY IF I HAVE UPSET ANYONE

But Tony is great thumbleft

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 12:08 pm    Post subject:

2046 is a great film. I think people are critics of it because they expect another "In the Mood for Love".

Tony's character is trying to find a woman that was like Maggie Cheungs character. So he dates many women and has many different relationships trying to capture the love he once felt. He is unwilling to settle for anyone but the woman of his dreams who is maggie cheungs character that he fell deeply in love with in "In the mood for love".

It explains that we don't have to live the future in putting there the hopes which belonged to the past, otherwise life has a wasted meaning. 2046 is about love, relationships and emotions.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 2:29 am    Post subject:

Evie wrote:
With my simple mind I'd say... they have to get Lulu out of the picture, so that Chow can attempt to rent the room himself.

They just did it too dramatic, WKW murdered her!

Was she murdered? I thought she was stabbed, 'cause later on, she appeared in the film again
Evie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 2:54 am    Post subject:

Anonymous wrote:
Was she murdered? I thought she was stabbed, 'cause later on, she appeared in the film again

She wasn't murdered?! scratch
You actually got me wondering!
There goes another excuse to watch the film once more!!!!! cheers
   www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Tony Leung Movies All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: