TONYLEUNG.INFO
THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)

THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD

Tony gets hollywood agent...can someone confirm this please?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> The Latest Tony News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tony Grrl

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 11:34 am    Post subject: Tony gets hollywood agent...can someone confirm this please?

Tony Leung Heads for Hollywood

2005-08-18 10:58:56 CRIENGLISH.com

Veteran Hong Kong actor Tony Leung confirms that he has signed with an American agent to build a career in Hollywood.

The actor is currently training every day in preparation for Wong Kar-wai's upcoming martial arts film "Ye Wen" which will be a complete change from his melancholy image in Wong's last film, sci-fi drama 2046.  

Western media praised Leung as an Asian Marlon Brando after his performance in Zhang Yimou's 2004 hit "Hero".   

The actor was recently in Taiwan promoting "2046" in which he plays an out-of-work journalist who lives in a cheap hotel and has a series of meaningless relationships while writing a novel about a hi-tech train to the future and exploring his own memories.

CRI Exclusive/Editor: Chen Ying/Photo:xinhua

http://en.chinabroadcast.cn/349/2005/08/18/60@10200.htm

TLCW Fan UK
news

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 11:45 am    Post subject:

Tonygrrl,

Thanks for the breaking news and prompt posting! WOW! I hope his agent will be hard at work in seeking a good script for Tony. He's hot right now! This is too exciting for word.
news

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 11:51 am    Post subject:

Word on the net is that Tony will be appearing in a role similar to "Seven Deadly Sins," scripted by Lawrence Block. Chinese newspapers should have the info.

Last edited by news on Thu Aug 18, 2005 12:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tony Grrl

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 11:53 am    Post subject:

The funny thing is I only got to listen to that long interview in English posted here a few days ago, this afternoon. He said there he was not averse to a Hollywood job but was being choosy. I think he is very wise to take such an attitude. Wink
I just hope they treat him with more respect than they have other HK actors and actresses. (fingers crossed) Confused

TLCW Fan UK
Tony Grrl

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 11:55 am    Post subject:

news wrote:
Word on the net is that Tony will be appearing in a role similiar to "Seven Deadly Sins," scripted by Lawrence Block. Chinese newspapers should have the info.

Ah ha that's the guy he met in NY isn't it? Smile

TLCW Fan UK
news

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 11:58 am    Post subject:

It's boiled down to Tony of what he picks to appear in. Don't know the role of agent, manager, and Jettone's plays in his decisions, but hope the final say is from Tony not his agent.

Last edited by news on Thu Aug 18, 2005 12:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
lemonberry

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 12:05 pm    Post subject:

Info already translated it under the Tony's schedule:

2046 is now showing in the US, the feedback is very good. Tony said he met Lawrence Block during his trip to US. Block agreed to write a novel and a script for him. Tony said if he is going to film an English film, it would be Block's script. He already signed up an agent in the US to help him to filter the right scripts, and he is prepared to head to Hollywood. When asked about if he had any hope that 2046 going to Oscar, he said this is out of his control, it would be good if 2046 can be recognised.
Pungyo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 12:47 pm    Post subject: AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

I CERTAINLY hope he's treated well... After I just went on and on about how poorly Hollywood treated Bruce Lee in an earlier posting... d'oh!

Frankly, I'm nervous for him.

BE CAREFUL TONY!!!!! Trust your own instincts! Don't let people pressure you into doing things you don't want to!! But, good luck!!

Hugs!!

-K

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 8:14 am    Post subject:

news wrote:
Word on the net is that Tony will be appearing in a role similar to "Seven Deadly Sins," scripted by Lawrence Block. Chinese newspapers should have the info.

Sorry forgot to mention the character's name in which, Tony would portray similar to was "Brad Pitt."
mu99le

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 9:44 pm    Post subject:

Tony's Hollywood-bound

By Chow Ee-Tan
460 words
22 August 2005
The Malay Mail
English
(c) 2005 New Straits Times Press (Malaysia) Berhad

RECENT reports in Taiwan claim award-winning actor Tony Leung Chiu Wai (right) is on his way to Hollywood.

Sources revealed the Hong Kong star, who was in Taiwan to promote his movie 2046, had signed up with an agent's company in the US. The agent is looking for a good script for Leung - and there's a chance he might get to work with his idol, Robert De Niro.

Leung had received some offers from Hollywood in the past but he always had reservations about trying his luck there. But a trip to New York in May to promote 2046 changed his mind. There, he met many people in the movie industry and was tempted to make a Hollywood film.

Starring in a Hollywood film shouldn't be a problem for Leung as he speaks reasonably good English. Furthermore, the suave star has been dubbed 'Marlon Brando of the East' by his fans there.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 11:03 pm    Post subject:

I would say its about time Tony, go for it! Since you've been in this industry long enough you know what's in and what's not and you're maturity and consistency will guide you. You have all it takes to make a success of it! thumbright

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 3:22 am    Post subject:

I would say that Tony speaks more than reasonably good English Smile

summertime Smile
Desiree2

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 4:01 am    Post subject:

"Reasonable good English" is really an understatement concerning his fluent and rich English!!!!

Wow, so there will be at least a Hollywood movie I will be really longing for to see. Laughing

宁死不屈。
Pungyo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 4:48 am    Post subject:

Tony speaks wonderful English with that charming little Cantonese accent.

It's very endearing. I'm sure he'll make even more American women's hearts go "POP"when they see him on the big screen! Wink

-K

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 4:58 am    Post subject:

This is fantastic news! And you're right Pungyo - on the big screen more hearts will definitely pop here in the US

Tony's English seems accent free now, from what I can tell - its excellent with no (ie an American) accent except for a few words - which actually have a British accent. This will actually be pretty importnt for american film-making (sad but true). He is a very talented person.
   www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> The Latest Tony News All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: