TONYLEUNG.INFO
THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)

THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD

25 Jun 2005 Tony celebrated his birthday with fans

www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Tony Leung Schedule
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Info

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 3:07 am    Post subject: 25 Jun 2005 Tony celebrated his birthday with fans

Tony celebrated his birthday party with fans on 25 June 2005 in HK. Over 70 fans from HK, Japan, Korea, China, Taiwan, Singapore and Malaysia attended.

Tony had a new haircut and he looked very young, as if he is only in his early 30s.

The party lasted for over 4 hours, fans chatted with Tony, took photos with him, and played game. And there was lucky draw. Over 20 fans won prizes. Besides autographed posters and sound tracks, 8 presents, including scarf, perfumes and key ring were chose by Tony himself. Every fan also received a thank you card signed by Tony.

Fans prepared 2 videos for the party: Korean fans prepared a video capturing previous birthday celebration between 1995-2005, and China/HK fans prepared a video capturing Tony getting all the 12 best actor awards.

At the end of the party, fans presented a birthday bun to Tony and sang birthday song to him.

More photos at http://waijai.com/album/album.htm?dbname=A0022&mode=read&backdepth=1&seq=54

Last edited by Info on Mon Sep 17, 2007 3:56 am; edited 4 times in total
Info

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 3:10 am    Post subject:

梁朝偉生日五地fans齊賀

昨 日 是 梁 朝 偉 ( 偉 仔 ) 四 十 三 歲 生 日 , 男 人 味 愈 濃 的 偉 仔 , 趁 新 工 作 還 未 開 始 , 連 續 兩 天 分 別 與 fans 和 幾 位 親 密 好 友 慶 祝 生 日 , 玩 個 痛 快 。

昨 與 家 人 共 度

每 年 生 日 前 夕 , 偉 仔 一 班 忠 實 fans 必 定 會 相 約 偶 像 聚 會 , 而 今 年 也 不 例 外 , 但 偉 仔 想 盡 情 與 fans 共 聚 , 所 以 低 調 與 fans 慶 祝 , 玩 足 四 粒 鐘 。 向 來 疼 錫 fans 的 偉 仔 , 上 周 末 自 掏 腰 包 , 在 港 島 區 一 會 所 內 , 全 包 宴 筵 開 十 圍 , 與 來 自 日 本 、 韓 國 、 星 馬 和 香 港 的 fans 齊 齊 預 祝 生 日 , 席 上 除 餐 聚 外 , 偉 仔 還 跟 大 家 玩 遊 戲 和 抽 獎 , 而 到 場 的 fans 除 了 兩 名 男 性 外 , 其 他 全 女 班 。 而 其 中 一 個 來 自 韓 國 的 靚 仔 男 孩 , 對 偉 仔 情 有 獨 鍾 , 專 程 由 韓 國 來 港 為 偶 像 祝 壽 , 而 抽 獎 時 偉 仔 更 請 他 上 台 , 引 得 台 下 女 fans 即 起 哄 , 場 面 開 心 搞 笑 。

與 fans 同 樂 後 , 前 晚 偉 仔 幾 位 好 友 吳 廷 燁 、 陳 國 熹 和 阿 B 靜 悄 悄 上 了 偉 仔 家 中 , 大 夥 兒 到 會 暢 飲 通 宵 與 偉 仔 歡 度 生 辰 。 而 昨 日 正 日 偉 仔 繼 續 低 調 與 家 人 共 度 一 個 平 靜 、 愉 快 的 生 日 。

====================
昨日43歲生日的梁朝偉向來痛錫影迷,他在生日前夕先與一班忠實Fans慶祝,更自掏腰包於港島區一會所內,筵開十席與來自東南亞及香港的影迷玩足4小時,期間眾人大玩遊戲及抽獎。而Fans以女性居多,不過男影迷亦甚熱情,當中一名韓國男士,更專程從韓國來港為偶像慶祝。

與影迷狂歡後,偉仔前晚與友人吳廷燁及陳國熹等在家中通宵暢飲,昨日正日則與家人慶祝,平靜而低調地過生日。

=====================
Every year before Tony’s birthday, faithful fans would arrange party to celebrate with their idol. This year was no exception. Tony spent 4 hours with fans at a private club in Hong Kong. Tony paid for everything, the party had 10 tables (about 100 fans). The fans are from Japan, South Korea, Singapore, Hong Kong, Malaysia. Besides having dinner, Tony played games and had prize drawings. Besides two male fans, the rest are all females fans. One of the male fans was from South Korea. When Tony was drawing prizes, he invited the male fan on the stage, the female fans started making noises. The scene was funny.

After spending time with fans, the next night (Sunday), a few of Tony’s several good friends (Ng Ting-yip, Kenny B, Louis Tan) went to his house and celebrated his birthday. They drank all night. Then yesterday (his birthday), he continue to keep low profile and spent a tranquilly and a happy birthday with his family.

(Translation by lemonberry)

Last edited by Info on Fri Jul 08, 2005 9:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Info

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 9:10 pm    Post subject:

Thanks Michelle for sharing her story here.

http://202.190.129.205/hktrip/
Info

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 9:16 pm    Post subject:

Thanks for Looney Tune for sharing her story here.

=====================

Hi all. Yes, it has finally happened to me. I had an encounter with Tony. Even as I sit here recalling and writing, it still seems so surreal. I guess many of the others who had such encounters felt like me too. It’s a dream come true….

Let’s say the day before my departure was not at all smooth. I was unwell and had to see a doctor; I had an accident (thankfully no one was hurt) and had to send my car in for repair; I thought at that time, all these are ominous signs that things will not go well. But, thankfully, the next day came and all was well, and I was on my way to Hong Kong.

By the time I checked into the hotel, it was only 2 hours away from the meeting time. I was still in my hotel 15 minutes before the meeting time which leaves little time to commute. But luckily, my hotel is in Causeway Bay and taxis are abundant in Hong Kong. The taxi driver wasn’t sure where our meeting point is, so I was dumped somewhere to look for it myself. I went underground and looked for the appointed meeting point. What caught my attention were clusters of girls standing around. I went over and gave my name. While waiting, I met with another Tony fan from Singapore. I looked around and noticed that there were groups from Korea, Taiwan and Japan. We chatted while waiting to board the shuttle bus that is to take us to the venue of the party. It was quite exciting as up to that point, nobody knows where the party would be.

We were led to the waiting bus, and only then did I know that we are going to Aberdeen as there was a card in front of the bus stating the destination. I almost feel like a kid again, on a school excursion. I was buzzing with excitement and anticipation, and I am sure the rest feels the same way too. We were told where the party would be held in the bus, the dos and don’ts, and what we should expect. The journey seems rather long. It was quite evident that we have traveled away from the City Center as the tall buildings were replaced by greenery and highways. After going through narrow, windy and steep roads, we were finally there, the venue of the party at a private club in Aberdeen.

After registration, we were to wait at the lounge as the ballroom was not ready. The organisers were busy putting the finishing touches to the ballroom. It was a good opportunity for the fans to get to know each other. I was standing facing the entrance, chatting with a group of fellow fans from Singapore and Hong Kong. While I was saying something to Michelle, I noticed a handsome young man out of the corner of my eyes wearing a light brown jacket and green shirt and holding a carrier bag walking briskly into the room. At first, it didn’t register but then it hit me that it was Tony himself! The strange thing was nobody else said anything, and continued on with what they were doing. I thought I was merely hallucinating! As he wa walking past, I mumbled a “hello” (I was still in shock and awe), and Tony smiled back. He walked so fast that he was gone even before I recovered from my shock. I told the others that it was Tony, and he was already in the bar area saying something to the bartender. Of course, his departure from the lounge was noticed by everybody. I must say we are a bunch of really well-behaved fans. There was no clamouring or throwing ourselves at him (but I suspect like me, some might have wanted to, muahahahaha), and merely said hello to him. He walked out as fast as he came in, and was out in a flash.

As I entered the ballroom, the backdrop with a huge picture of Tony caught my attention. He was in a brown shirt with his chest revealed, and his bewitching eyes staring out at you make you weak in the knees. I must compliment the organiser for choosing that picture as the backdrop, it definitely has the intended effect. I also noticed the banner with the words “The Strongest Best Actor in History” hung by the side of the ballroom, presumably the same banner that witnessed Tony’s win in Golden Bauhinia Awards.

I looked for my table and found my seat. The seating is pre-arranged by the organiser and the names of the attendees were printed on a white envelope at each placing. The envelope contains a card from Tony thanking us for coming. It was such a thoughtful gesture.

On my table, there were attendees from Singapore and China. I finally got to meet some people whose names are familiar to me in Springlight and also from this forum. Needless to say, having common interest-Tony-meant that conversation flows easily.

Soon, it was time for Tony to appear. Representatives from each region were asked to go to the side of the stage for preparation to deliver well wishes to Tony. I had the honour to represent our region, and initially I thought I could do it. I mean how tough can it be to say Happy Birthday and some well-wishing words? Even as I kept telling myself this, my hands had turned ice cold, my heart rate increased, and I had butterflies in my stomach. The thought of seeing Tony face to face for the first time, I mean really face to face and not the quick glance at the earlier encounter, is already making me very nervous. To actually have to say something at the same time, I wasn’t sure if I could do it. However, the opportunity to see him up close is impossible to resist, and so I kept practicing the lines in my head over and over again, hoping that by the time I go up, it should just roll off my tongue.

Tony came into the ballroom, amidst cheers and applause from the fans. He went up to the stage and greeted everyone. By this time, I only have enough faculties in my control to stare at him and clap; I could hardly register what is going on. All I hear is my heart thumping to the rhythm of hands clapping. He looked so young and so handsome. I never thought he could look any better than in the photos and films, but he really did look even better in person.

The time came for us to go on stage to wish him Happy Birthday. Tony said that if this goes on, he’d be drunk before the party begins . When it was my turn, I went up and walked towards him. He was smiling and looking at me as I approached. I was finally face to face with him. I introduced myself, told him that there are fans from Singapore who came to his party. Then I wished him Happy Birthday, good health and to enjoy life. As I was talking, well more like letting the lines roll off my tongue, I could feel my tongue failing me, as if it has suddenly grown fatter, and the last few lines were delivered in a mumble. I think in between I also mumbled about being nervous (aaargh! So malu! (means embarrassing in Malay)) All the time, I was aware of my heart thumping, and my legs turning into jelly. Initially, I was looking into his eyes, since an opportunity to look at the real thing is hard to come by. He has such kind and earnest eyes, and they draw you into them (Hmm, starting to sound like Mills and Boons novels…haha). As I rumbled on, my nerves failed me and I had to break the gaze and focus on the walls behind him. I hope he didn’t notice that and think me rude. Although it did not go as smooth as planned, I was really grateful to have the opportunity to be up there to say something to him.

After all the representatives have gone onstage, two Korean fans presented a big bouquet of flower to him, and the party has officially begun. Tony started his rounds to every table to talk to the fans.

I went back to the table and then proceeded to the buffet spread. Only then did I realize I was really hungry, as my last meal of that day was eaten on the plane at about eleven-ish. It was a scrumptious spread, but I think most fans were too excited to eat, and there were plenty of food to go around. While waiting for Tony to come to our table, I took the opportunity to mingle among the fans.

Finally, Tony came to our table. This time, being not as nervous as before, I took a better look at him. I think the combination of the new hairstyle and being on holiday made him look really young. He looks more like a man in his thirties. He has good skin, no blemishes whatsoever and wears a cute smile. He appears rather shy, and speaks very softly. His features are sharper and stand out more then on 2-dimensional media. You know those romance novel where the heroine has an urge to trace her fingers along the beau's jawlines and nose? Yup, you get that feeling here.

We greeted him Happy Birthday and made a birthday toast. Shame is I can’t quite remember what was being said at the table. A combination of him talking softly, and me distracted with taking pictures and ogling at him may be the reason . He asked whether he should speak in English or Mandarin (always so considerate ). As most of us understand Mandarin, Mandarin was used with some Cantonese in between. He said that paparazzi have been waiting at his house this past few days as his birthday draws near. He had to leave very early that day to avoid being tailed. I did manage to ask him 2 questions. I asked him if he has been dong watersports lately, and he said that he hasn’t as it has been raining in Hong Kong. I then invited him to come to Malaysia as we have nice sea and beaches, and it’s not raining so he can do watersports. He replied that Malaysia is too far away . He added that he really likes the sea. I also asked him if he scuba dives, and he said he doesn’t. He also said that he is still on holiday and doesn’t feel like starting work. He had a long conversation with the others about Lawrence Block script, a book and so on. I did try to follow the conversation initially, but lost them as I couldn’t hear and follow what they were saying. So, I decided to just sit back and look at him. Soon, it was time to take photographs with him. As it was my first photo with him, I was getting nervous. I actually waited until everybody is finished. I stood next to him and he puts his hands around my waist, instinctively I did the same. I might look all calm but in actual fact I felt like jumping up and down and do a little dance . I am actually taking a picture with Tony Leung and he has his hands on my waist, and I had my hands around him too!!!!! Yippee! I had 2 photos with him in the same pose (I just didn’t want to let go) .

After he has done his rounds of visiting tables and taking photographs, there were supposed to be an autograph signing session scheduled, but Tony declined. Maybe he was too tired. I am sure everyone was hoping to get his autograph, but we were all very understanding and let him off.

When it’s time to give Tony his birthday cards, we get a chance to hand him the birthday cards personally. I wished him Happy Birthday, and thank him for the great party while handing him the card. He smiled (even his eyes were smiling!) and said thank you.

Then Tony proceeded to the back and sat at the table behind us for the games session. I am sure the fans at that table must be thrilled to bits! It was also fortunate for me as I could see him discreetly from where I was sitting. Ha ha, I can ogle all I want!! Well, there were once or twice I was caught looking. Embarrassed, I just smiled and quickly looked away.

The games session was fun. We have to sing songs sung by Tony, and guess which movie the lines came from. Tony even read the lines himself. He was quite embarrassed actually, and kept saying “Do I really have to say it?”. He spoke really softly, and it was difficult to make out what he is saying. But, that is obviously not a problem with his ardent fans. They guessed the answers really quickly.

He then went back on stage to give away prizes to the winners. Next came lucky draw, and there were lucky winners from every table. The lucky winners get posters, CDs, and the even luckier ones received items that Tony picked up himself.

Instead of the usual birthday cake, Tony was presented with a big peach-shaped birthday bun 寿桃包 with multiple tiers made out of little ones stacked below. This is very traditional and it signifies longevity. It is usually associated with the elders. I had them for grandma’s birthday. Wonder if it is meant to tease him that he is getting advance in age. Ha ha!

Tony’s playful side emerged, pretending to stab at the buns ala Norman Bates in Psycho. I noticed that his playful side emerged when he is among people whom he is more familiar with. Otherwise, he appears quite shy and quiet.

After the bun cutting, we grouped together for a group photograph. I was at the front row, kneeling right infront of Tony. As I knelt infront of him, I said to the fans on my right that we better be careful of “indecent exposure” 走光 since we were wearing skirt. Then I heard Tony jokingly said to us not to bother as the camera will cut us out of the picture, moving his hand horizontally signaling where the camera ends. I looked up and saw a wide smile and laughing eyes, which makes him even more boyish. I definitely like the playful side of him, something we don’t get a chance to see.

With that, the party came to an end. Big group of people surrounded him as he was leaving the ballroom. I am sure many will not be able to sleep that night, just as I couldn’t, and the memory of the birthday party we spent with him will be with us always. Thank you Tony, and thank you to all that made it happen. You all did a great job organizing the party!

The End

Info

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 9:20 am    Post subject:

Thanks cancer for sharing her photos and supplements here.

The questions and answers about block were all about the character block will write for him.For mattew had been almost finished,the master prefered to a brandnew character based on tony himself.But tony tured for the topic on Norwegian's Wood,he said he love the novel more and more when he read it a few days before,and was eagered to film it.When he fell into the world he deeply love,his face looked so charming which made me breathless..........

www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Tony Leung Schedule All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: