TONYLEUNG.INFO
THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)

THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD

Carina talks about Tony's bday

www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> The Latest Tony News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Garfield

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 7:42 pm    Post subject: Carina talks about Tony's bday

嘉玲不知情

劉 嘉 玲 自 成 為 行 政 總 裁 後 , 不 少 大 型 公 司 均 邀 請 她 出 席 活 動 , 昨 日 以 頒 獎 嘉 賓 身 份 , 出 席 行 政 品 牌 頒 獎 典 禮 , 一 身 黑 色 Gucci 低 胸 晚 裝 亮 相 , 性 感 非 常 。

對 於 有 傳 王 菲 懷 孕 , 身 為 老 友 的 嘉 玲 對 此 謂 : 「 又 問 呢 , 我 真 係 唔 知 , 佢 冇 同 我 講 過 喎 ! ( 有 冇 聯 絡 佢 ? ) 冇 , 我 都 係 合 肥 做 完 宣 傳 返 , 中 國 真 係 好 大 , 有 地 方 名 聽 都 未 聽 過 , 唔 係 宣 傳 都 唔 會 去 。 」

唔 阻 偉 仔 桃 花 運
談 到 梁 朝 偉 生 日 將 至 , 嘉 玲 透 露 已 諗 好 一 份 相 當 有 心 思 的 禮 物 , 但 只 欠 扑 槌 而 已 , 更 指 偉 仔 生 日 當 晚 只 會 與 家 人 食 飯 , 傳 媒 不 用 跟 蹤 他 們 , 她 不 諱 言 與 偉 仔 相 戀 多 年 , 禮 物 則 愈 來 愈 平 , 雙 方 只 重 心 意 , 她 說 : 「 平 時 要 生 活 入 面 細 心 觀 察 , 先 知 道 佢 要 乜 。 ( 咁 偉 仔 欠 咩 ? ) 佢 應 該 好 開 心 同 幸 福 , 人 生 有 係 好 希 望 達 到 , 但 做 人 就 唔 好 咁 急 , 最 緊 要 係 健 康 同 開 心 。 ( 有 雜 誌 話 你 擺 陣 擋 偉 仔 桃 花 ? ) 你 覺 得 我 會 唔 會 咁 做 ? 呢 行 最 重 要 係 桃 花 , 我 唔 會 阻 止 , 呢 唔 係 我 做 , 亂 咁 作 , 雜 誌 講 擺 設 唔 係 , 而 我 屋 企 擺 設 都 唔 係 咁 意 思 。 」

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 7:46 pm    Post subject:

Could someone please translate? thank you
GUEST2005

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 4:32 am    Post subject: translations

seriously....i'll never understand why people post the subject line in english and then proceed to post the article in what looks like gibberish for those of us who speak english. i don't get that. if you want a forum for only chinese-language speakers you shouldn't post ANYTHING in english. that's why i never join this group or participate in discussions. posting subject lines in english only entices people to open up the thread, just to find nothing. very disappointing.
Sandy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 5:16 am    Post subject: Re: translations

GUEST2005 wrote:
seriously....i'll never understand why people post the subject line in english and then proceed to post the article in what looks like gibberish for those of us who speak english. i don't get that. if you want a forum for only chinese-language speakers you shouldn't post ANYTHING in english. that's why i never join this group or participate in discussions. posting subject lines in english only entices people to open up the thread, just to find nothing. very disappointing.

Guest2005 -

Please bear in mind Tony is a Chinese actor, and the majority of papers that report on him are chinese papers. It's much easier for folks to find his news in Chinese than in English. Many of these news are from Asia (HK, China, Taiwan). These fans are simply here to share.

If you are only interested in English news, I am afraid you have to wait and hope there will be some translations.

This forum is intended for all fans to share information. Yes, the contents are rather mixed, but that's just the nature of the subject. Tony is an international star but he is rooted in HK.

I hope this clears your understanding on the matter.

I, for one, encourage people to post in as many different languages as they wish. I am grateful for people who come and share their resources with us.

Regards.
Sandy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 5:25 am    Post subject: Re: Carina talks about Tony's bday

Garfield wrote:

唔 阻 偉 仔 桃 花 運
談 到 梁 朝 偉 生 日 將 至 , 嘉 玲 透 露 已 諗 好 一 份 相 當 有 心 思 的 禮 物 , 但 只 欠 扑 槌 而 已 , 更 指 偉 仔 生 日 當 晚 只 會 與 家 人 食 飯 , 傳 媒 不 用 跟 蹤 他 們 , 她 不 諱 言 與 偉 仔 相 戀 多 年 , 禮 物 則 愈 來 愈 平 , 雙 方 只 重 心 意 , 她 說 : 「 平 時 要 生 活 入 面 細 心 觀 察 , 先 知 道 佢 要 乜 。 ( 咁 偉 仔 欠 咩 ? ) 佢 應 該 好 開 心 同 幸 福 , 人 生 有 係 好 希 望 達 到 , 但 做 人 就 唔 好 咁 急 , 最 緊 要 係 健 康 同 開 心 。 ( 有 雜 誌 話 你 擺 陣 擋 偉 仔 桃 花 ? ) 你 覺 得 我 會 唔 會 咁 做 ? 呢 行 最 重 要 係 桃 花 , 我 唔 會 阻 止 , 呢 唔 係 我 做 , 亂 咁 作 , 雜 誌 講 擺 設 唔 係 , 而 我 屋 企 擺 設 都 唔 係 咁 意 思 。 」

As far as the translation of this article goes, Carina said she has already prepared a gift for Tony's birthday. Tony will be spending the day with family. She suggests media should just leave them alone cuz it will be very bland. She said they have been together for so long they knew each other's needs. She thinks the key to a good life is happiness and good health. Asked if she does anything to block Tony's lady luck, Carina replied she won't do anything as such. She said it's good to have lady luck in the entertainment business. It's silly the magazine would make such a big deal of how she decorates their house.
lemonberry

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 7:02 am    Post subject: Re: translations

GUEST2005 wrote:

First of all, I want to point out that somehow the board doesn't allow us to put Chinese font as the title of the subject. Believe me, I had tried it and they come out in weird symbols. That's why we have to put the subject lines in English. If you think it's misleading you to open up the thread, then I have to say that is not the intention we have.
I don't know if you're new to this site, but usually within a day or two, some nice members will translate the Chinese article into English. If you don't have the patient to wait, then you can try other sites.

If it bugs you that no one translates the Chinese news for you ASAP, you can always copy the text and paste into the free translation tool...
http://world.altavista.com/babelfish/tr
Just select from Chinese-trad to English and hit translate.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 7:26 am    Post subject:

Sandy - I'm the first guest - thanx for the translation. And agree with your comments 100% - we'd get no news at all if we waited for the US/English press!!! Tony appears to not be too interested in getting publicity machine going for him here (like Zhang Ziyi has going on right now). Thats fine - US is certainly not the be all/end all, and actually I rarely like what is most popular and gets the press here - so not surprised Tony isn't pushing for it. Its actually cool Tony's satisfied with Asia - letting what acclaim from the rest of the world that comes, come. He strikes me as being very grounded - especially for a celeb. BUT, it is tough for us over here to get news - which is why this site is great. (Of course, in some respects I wish he was more high profile here, would love to see more pix of him and don't get those from Asia like we do the posted stories. Oh well....)

AND, like you and Lemonberry said, someone ALWAYS translates within a few days (thank you translators!!) Very Happy
news

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 10:31 am    Post subject:

Guest2005,

Like you I can't read Chinese so I frequently visit the two English-language sites listed below for Asian celebs news. Check them out:

http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Towers/2038/
This homepage translates articles on a weekly basis, but translators must be busy or something; they haven't translated any new articles since May 29.

http://www.hkvpradio.com/
They seem to pick and choose which article to post so, sometimes Tony's articles don't get translate.

Smile
news

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 12:32 pm    Post subject:

June 27, 2005
Carina: I won't stop Tony

MING PAO - Wearing Gucci to an awards ceremony as a special guest, actress Carina Lau told reporters that she has never heard good friend Faye Wong mention anything about her rumored pregnancy. Carina's been busy promoting a line of cosmetics. Just how will she celebrate her sweetheart Tony Leung's birthday on June 27? They probably won't be going out of town. "I think we'll have dinner together with family." She hasn't bought him the gift yet. "I thought of it though, but haven't bought it yet. It's a very meaningful present. It's not about the price of the gift. The most important thing is that it comes from the heart and it fits that person.

I notice things that [he might need] by observing his life. I see things that he's missing and get it for him. I've given him cards before too." So just what is Tony missing in his life? Carina says the guy is rather happy and doesn't need much of anything. Some newspapers are even saying that Carina is trying to block Tony's "peach blossom" magnetism for attracting members of the opposite sex. "Do you really think I would do that? The most important thing in this business is that, why would I try to stop it? [The papers] make stuff up and imagine things." Read (Chinese)

http://www.hkvpradio.com/
Sandy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 3:26 pm    Post subject: Re: translations

lemonberry wrote:

First of all, I want to point out that somehow the board doesn't allow us to put Chinese font as the title of the subject. Believe me, I had tried it and they come out in weird symbols. That's why we have to put the subject lines in English. If you think it's misleading you to open up the thread, then I have to say that is not the intention we have.

Hmm, I tried to install traditional and simple Chinese pack on the site, but it's not making any differences. However, you can now go your profile and change your personal display to either Traditional or Simple Chinese on the forum. Not sure if this is going to help anyone, but I am trying. Very Happy

I think it's because I set up the default to be in English, thus it's encoded in English instead of GB or Big-5. Once it's saved in English encoding, it's going to be display what's saved. Idea Not sure if I explained it correctly, but that's how it seems to work.
miss. texas

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 3:27 pm    Post subject:

Guest2005 need some serious chilling out! THANKYOU TO ALL TRANSLATORS Razz If you, Guest2005 never participate, that might be the reason why you're missing all the 'respect' in this site. Everyone here is happy Razz to help out with anything Tony related.
And for all the times you spend being disgruntled about such 'issues', try being constructive and get yourself a basic education, as languages that are not english does not automatically equate to gibberish! Shame on you

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 5:09 pm    Post subject:

Guest2005

First of all, i have to say sorry if i've made any inconvenience to you before...i didn't mean it......and now you may understand there are some good translators for traslatting the articles to us Smile

hahaha....i wish i were the good translator but my English is not good......that's why...

Yeah..welcome to join this site and hope you will enjoy here!!!

Cheers
Garfield

P.S. Thanks for all of you for the clarification to the new comer.....ha, i think we should stop here to avoid 'out of topic'.....
   www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> The Latest Tony News All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: