TONYLEUNG.INFO
THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)

THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD

hello let me introduce myself
Goto page Previous  1, 2

www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Get to know each other
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pungyo

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 8:52 am    Post subject: Bienvenue, Saesang!

Hi Celine,

Comment ca va? So happy to meet you... but, I felt the same way about being my age and acting like a school girl on this website... let's see... I'll be 39 this August for the... 9th time! Wink But, Wai Jai is just so darn adorable. I can't help it!

And I'm also a writer!! My day job is writing commercials at a radio station, but I write screenplays and novels at night. I totally understand how you can't make a solid living by doing the latter 100%... that's why I'm at the radio station. I came close with publishers and production companies... but haven't yet had that big break. However, if I don't write down all the stories in my head, I'm afraid it'll explode!! Dizzy

At a writer's conference I attended a few years ago, a successful novelist was a key note speaker, and he said that he started to paper his walls with all of the rejection slips he received... but it just takes that ONE time to finally "make it!" He said, "All writers must follow the rule of the 3 P's... Persistence... Persistence... Persistence!" So don't give up!!

And, welcome again, I'm happy to meet a fellow scribe! Computer

-K
Desiree2

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 4:26 am    Post subject:

Gathoni: I always feel good when I can be good to anyone. Even walk around with a smiling face. I like the feeling being kind and good-hearted. But have not yet enough forum-experiences to put my normal habit into cyperspace. Wink

Dearing me, how many writers do we have over here?

Met another one in another forum and she has just the same experience: Nice to see it published but not yet the "big shot". Fingers crossed for all of you to become successful! Guess, a writer needs looooots of luck as well.

宁死不屈。
Gathoni

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 3:27 am    Post subject:

hahaha Laughing Laughing that's Desiree2 in her element! cheers

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 3:05 am    Post subject: answer

Desiree2 wrote:
Quite late but still from the bottom of my heart:

You are highly welcome!!! Glad to have another fan here. Especially another fan from Europe. Waving

I also just started getting into fan system (with 35!). My parents shake their head and laugh about me. I didn't do as teenager, but now I don't mind. Razz

May I ask you what you write? Stories (short stories or novels), poems... I admit I am nosy concerning writing!

@Gathoni: Guess I will start imitating you to welcome everyone. That is a very nice and warm-hearted "habit". Thank you Gathoni for giving me the chance to improve my social skills. Smile

Sorry for my soooo late answer (busy busy schedule^^Wink I write short stories, poems and i wrote 3 novels , now i'm working in a new novel... Hard.... It takes a lot of time to me, i make too big novels, concentrate too much on details and finally finish after years...

Anyhow, i am happy to have been welcomed so warmly here.
Have a nice day^^
saesang

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 3:11 am    Post subject: Re: Bienvenue, Saesang!

Pungyo wrote:
Hi Celine,

Comment ca va? So happy to meet you... but, I felt the same way about being my age and acting like a school girl on this website... let's see... I'll be 39 this August for the... 9th time! Wink But, Wai Jai is just so darn adorable. I can't help it!

And I'm also a writer!! My day job is writing commercials at a radio station, but I write screenplays and novels at night. I totally understand how you can't make a solid living by doing the latter 100%... that's why I'm at the radio station. I came close with publishers and production companies... but haven't yet had that big break. However, if I don't write down all the stories in my head, I'm afraid it'll explode!! Dizzy

At a writer's conference I attended a few years ago, a successful novelist was a key note speaker, and he said that he started to paper his walls with all of the rejection slips he received... but it just takes that ONE time to finally "make it!" He said, "All writers must follow the rule of the 3 P's... Persistence... Persistence... Persistence!" So don't give up!!

And, welcome again, I'm happy to meet a fellow scribe! Computer

-K

Thank you pungyo (is it a korean nickname? Mine is, thought i am french)
I agree with you persistence is a key word for writing but i think tht it is a keyword for every job like that, i published some of my work but incomes are peanuts... My companion directed movies (short movies) until now but he persists for the day he can win competitions (he had the second price once).
persistence Persistenc, Persistence!
For your dreams!
Pungyo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:35 am    Post subject:

Well, Celine, I wish you and your friend all the luck in the world that you both get your "big break!" Writing is a tough business, just like art or acting. That's why we all have to supplement our incomes, I suppose, just to pay the rent.

I have a very good friend who's a Japanese musician, who just completed writing a film score for a new movie that is being released out there. Yet, HE has to drive a truck to keep some money coming in. We all have to do what we have to do.

As far as "Pungyo" is concerned... It's Chinese for "Friend." My name is Kim, but I'm 100% caucasian. Very Happy

-K
   www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Get to know each other All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: