TONYLEUNG.INFO
THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)

THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD

Is Tony Catholic?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Tony Leung Miscellaneous
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Day

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 7:07 pm    Post subject: Is Tony Catholic?

Hi to you all!
I am a new fan of Tony and I appreciate this site, thank you to all who keep this site updated and running, keep up the good work!

I was wondering...I read an interview on the internet with Tony and Andy Lau and I could have sworn that Tony mentioned that he went to Catholic school as a boy. He was discussing heaven and hell (it must have been an interview for Infernal Affairs or something). So I was wondering, is Tony a Catholic? I know there are many Catholic churches and schools in Hong Kong

Oh, thanks to Sandy, Summertime and News for your account of meeting Tony! that was great-- good for you! Man, I would not have even known where to begin if I met him!

Thanks
Gathoni

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 10:19 pm    Post subject: welcome

Hi Day! Glad you joined us. I made a promise that I'll be making the effort of welcoming everyone who joins this village, because that's what happened to me when I first joined, I got the warmest of embraces. As for your other query, about Tony being Catholic, one of us, even Sandy will fill you in, all the info you need about Tony, you get it from here. There's a labrythn of Good, good things here. Waving

So keep it Tony and you'll really have fun while your here! Very Happy Laughing

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 2:45 pm    Post subject:

Um, I don't think he is. I read something somewhere about him taking his mother to study with a famous Buddhist monk every year. So he's definitely spiritual. Lots of people go to Catholic schools but aren't Catholic. (I am Catholic, and it's one of the things we do that I'm proudest of--educating people all over the world, regardless of race, nationality, religion, and in many places, ability to pay.)
doriyaki

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 12:29 pm    Post subject:

There are many schools in Hong Kong which are founded by Catholic groups but the students don't have to be Catholics to be admitted to the schools.
Day

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 1:19 pm    Post subject:

Hi again,
I understand that there are many people who go to Catholic schools who are not Catholic, I was just wondering if Tony had ever said anything about his religious beliefs or not, because he referenced going to Catholic school as a child so it must have made some sort of impact upon him, just wondering if he had ever said anything about that part of life (the religious part)?

Thanks so much!!! Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 2:03 pm    Post subject:

Hi!
If you ever noticed, he almost always wears a red cotton thread around his neck. That's a "protection", something a buddhist spiritual guide gives you when you go to him for advice or blessing.
I go every year to Lama Zopa Rimpoche's teachings and he always gives me one when blessing me before I go.

Wink

Elena
theroane

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 2:38 pm    Post subject:

Thanks, Kind Soul! Well-spotted! I didn't know that was a protection. Cool. I love how much you can learn here!
yes!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 10:41 pm    Post subject:

theroane, you are so right! This place is an education institution, any question about tony will definitely, if not immediately get an answer. Thanks Kind Soul for enlightening us on this. One thing I know, Tony definitely loves God, he potrays an aura of reassurance, because he knows God's work in his life. My daughter recently commented that, even when he acts a role where he's tough, there's something significant about his connection to God, spirituality, and that attributes to his success.
Gathoni

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 10:43 pm    Post subject: forgot to log in

Sorry forgot to log in, that's my response up there! Guest yes! Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 2:29 am    Post subject: Taoism

My guess is Tony is a Taoist - if he's anything. Majority of Chinese in HK probably are. Taosim is a mix of Buddhism, Confucianism and Taoism (the philosophy).
waterlilly

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 2:29 am    Post subject: Taoism

My guess is Tony is a Taoist - if he's anything. Majority of Chinese in HK probably are. Taosim is a mix of Buddhism, Confucianism and Taoism (the philosophy).
Gathoni

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 2:54 am    Post subject:

I see. Thanks for the info. if your guess is right then Day, you have your reply.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 5:40 am    Post subject:

Gathoni wrote:
I see. Thanks for the info. if your guess is right then Day, you have your reply.

Thanks Smile

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 9:28 am    Post subject:

Basically Tony has no religion, but he occassionally visits the White Dragon King in Thailand.
Pungyo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 9:46 am    Post subject: White Dragon King

Hello Info,

Could you please explain the White Dragon King?

-K
   www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Tony Leung Miscellaneous All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: