TONYLEUNG.INFO
THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)

THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD

Tony met his favourite writer-Lawrence Block
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> The Latest Tony News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mu99le

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 6:58 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Chow retains some of the generosity that made him so appealing in the earlier film. But he can also be repellent, starting with that mustache, which robs Mr. Leung's face of its sweetness

Laughing even the Americans think he looks sweet...

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 7:15 pm    Post subject: Re: tender tony's smile relieved me

Garfield wrote:
The woman is Lawrence's wife.....i guess Tony must be very very happy to meet Lawrence la1!! Laughing

Yeah - so Tony must know just how ga-ga we are when we meet him! Laughing

And Mu99le .. yes, that sweet, little-boy-lost look - who would not want to mother him ? Wink Quik, stand in line!
7thclouds

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 7:25 pm    Post subject: waiting for Tony

Very Happy
I think the Vogue Homme is French based...i suppose although i cannot find the web for Vogue Homme...yet.

Tony grasps any hearts with his serene decent depth in the layers of diverse feelings.....the shades in him(as I wrote before in my review of 2046 etc) and his thoughts....
Audience is feeling like being drawn into the splendid deluge of floating thin pieces of colourful grasses in his warmth.

goodday all Very Happy
goodnight dearest tony love whereever you are now Very Happy
7thclouds(mari t)

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 8:14 pm    Post subject: probably it was NOT for vogue homme, please read next post

i wrote and post the below about over a hour ago but now finally i found an article on a web site of marketing company that made me come to think that the photo shooting in NYC was probably made NOT for vogue homme BUT for MENS VOGUE that is planned to be newly firstly published internationally with Tony photo cover! please forget this post and read next post !!! how exciting!

As to the below that i wrote and post, it is also true that the french based fashion magazine Vogue Homme is issued on a pace of twice a year from Vogue International....but AS I WROTE ABOVE, THE PHOTO SHOOTING IN NYC WAS PROBABLY MADE FOR MENS VOGUE that will make the very memorable FIRST appearance on 6 September 2005 at booksshops/newsstands in the USA!
-------------------------
I checked the circulation of the Vogue Homme...and at least i found that it seems to me that Vogue Homme International issues the magazine Vogue Homme at the pace of twice a year according to a web site for foreign magazines in Japan.
Then, in order to buy the specific Vogue Homme ith the cover photo of Tony sunny Cool , i think it is better to ask any bookshops dealing with foreign magazines in each nation about how to book the specific issue. Very Happy
-------------

Last edited by 7thclouds on Tue May 10, 2005 9:21 pm; edited 5 times in total
7thclouds

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 8:53 pm    Post subject: Finally found out...SO WAIT FOR 6 SEPTEMBER 2005

well...finally i found...the picture of the scale of the meaning of the photo shooting with vogue, since it was for the very first issue of MENS VOGUE international! Very Happy According to a marketing media reported that i found on web minutes ago finally Very Happy , I suppose that if that photo shooting was made for Mens Vogue, that photos were taken specially for the new magazine of Vogue for mens on THIS fall 2005! That magazine MENS VOGUE and the memorable first issue of Mens Vogue Very Happy Cool must be seen in the USA on 6 September 2005.
according to
http://www.adweek.com/mw/news/print/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1000893640

This is amazing fabulous thing to put TONY LEUNG on the very first Mens Vogue with his cover photo!
Vogue Homme has been only issued in France before
but this year, the renown Vogue international will publish the very first issue of MENS VOGUE with Tony photos which were taken by a very renown photographer who has taken photos of the Clinton - well i know it does not matter to him, me or any of his fans... no matter how Tony was taken by a photographer who took pictures of presidents though Wink.... however the photo in apple daily showed that Tony enjoyed the photo shootings as well that is quite good. Very Happy

So, I finally think it is better to wait and book for the very first issue of the MENS Vogue that is covered by Tony's photos on 6 September 2005!
Hi ho! What a great start, plausiblely it could be the best i could hope so far, for Tony and for the film 2046 at the beginning of the very competitive fall film season in the USA!, isnt it?
Very Happy I am quite happy for Tony... Very Happy
cheers

good day all and dearest tony love
7thclouds(mari t)

Last edited by 7thclouds on Wed May 11, 2005 1:53 am; edited 1 time in total
mu99le

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 10:08 pm    Post subject:

THANK YOU 7TH CLOUDS MUACKS MUACKS MUACKS!!! Very Happy it's hard to believe that the man who will grace first edition of Men's Vogue used to be our dear sweet little Cheung Mo Gei....what a long long way!!! Very Happy

BTW how did you know it's for Men's Vogue, not for Vogue Homme? and is tony photographed for US or Asian edition??

Last edited by mu99le on Tue May 10, 2005 10:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
mu99le

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 10:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Finally found out...SO WAIT FOR 6 SEPTEMBER 2005

7thclouds wrote:
well...finally i found...the picture of the scale of the photo shooting with vogue, the very first issue of mens vogue international on this fall!

where's the pic?

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 10:40 pm    Post subject: logical keeness for my presuppose

Hi mu99le Very Happy
I think it seems to me that it is the first mens version of Vogue in the USA...then it is better to book the first issue of MENS VOGUE at your bookshops where foreign magazines can be ordered...
(i suppose at least i need to do so in Japan...and probably anybody needs to book so except the case you are Americans....i suppose you are from Australia? .... )

And sorry .......I wrote "picture" in my post in the line as euphomism...
In such euphomism, "picture" means "grasp"...
Like taking pictures..., the English verve "picture" sometimes means "to grasp, find, know or materialise or evaluate..." something...
I think "picture the scale of a project or campaign" is an acceptable English expression...

What i meant from the expression of "picture" was that
I finally found, from the marketing site i found and cited, that the scale and the meaning of the appearance of Tony Leung in the USA
while becoming to know, from the marketing site, that the very lavish memorable first issue of MENS VOGUE from the Vogue is going to be issued in the USA in this september ...with TONY LEUNG cover photo... Very Happy
You know this meant not only the huge meaning of the Tony cheers but also the friendly peaceful beautiful tie between the USA(and Europe) and China in many ways I suppose. The strength of wise and flexible.

That Tony appearance, I suppose, in the MENS VOGUE will make huge positive quality decent impact on the USA and more on the world scale, I believe.

The reasons why I suppose that the TONY photo shooting in NYC was probably made for MENS VOGUE - the new magazine from Vogue
that is going to be put on the USA market on 6th September,
were as follows;

1. there is no mens version of VOGUE in the USA
(yet before 6th september 2005)
2. it is also true that , as i wrote as i examined,
mens version of VOGUE exists as French based VOGUE HOMME and Italian UNO VOGUE...
As to French Vogue Homme, as I found, wrote and post here,
it is only for twice a year and circulated only by French based....

I found that Vogue Homme issue twice a year in France but I still wondered if Tony really needed to make such photo shooting in NYC aiming at a huge promotion for the USA fall film season... for FRENCH BASED VOGUE HOMME???? Rolling Eyes starange Rolling Eyes NO....???? ....
I cannot convince myself even with my founds ..since I had thought that it was rather natural to think if the photo shooting was for enabling him his appearance on Vogue for USA... although there is AT this MOMENT, before 6th September 2005, there is NO mens version of Vogue ...except the french version Vogue Homme... Rolling Eyes ... but for US promotion...? strange...a bit...i had thought.

Then I kept searching internet then I finally found that there is a lavish memorable first publishing of MENS VOGUE from the VOGUE on 6th September 2005...while i coincidently found the web site of marketing...as I cited in my last post... http://www.adweek.com/mw/news/print/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1000893640
I supposed that that is quite rational to make Tony appearance in MENS VOGUE in the USA in linking with the USA promotion of 2046 for the fall film season....
Very Happy

Therefore... probably, with high percentage, Tony photo shooting was made for the new magazine, MENS VOGUE from VOGUE that is planned to be issued on 6th September 2005...in the USA, I strongly supposed. Very Happy

Last edited by 7thclouds on Sun May 22, 2005 5:06 am; edited 1 time in total
mu99le

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 5:25 am    Post subject:

ooohhh...i see, well 7th clouds if it's not because of your smartness we'll never know!!! kudos for being so investigative!! thumbleft

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 5:37 am    Post subject: i think my presumption is right...

Hi ya there...mu99le sunny i just cannot stop thiking
also i cannot be bearing with something strange or irrational which does not make any sense... !!!! Cool i think my personality is pretty much investigative like a detective Very Happy

btw, my login name is 7thclouds in a single straight nown word... Very Happy

I think and hope that I can book for the MENS VOGUE
with Tony photos on that day or near of the day in Tokyo as well
although I am quite happy that the Americans can get the first issue with Tony photos on 6th September 2005... Very Happy

Goodnight dearest Tony love in HK
(Tony welcome back to HK... please take good relaxing time at your holiday Very Happy )
and goodday all
7thclouds(mari t)

Last edited by 7thclouds on Wed May 11, 2005 6:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Pungyo

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 6:18 am    Post subject: Men's Vogue

I'm so excited to see the magazine when it comes out!! Thanks 7thclouds for the information!! Wonderful research!

-K
7thclouds

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 6:27 am    Post subject: waiting for the time of issue

Yeah....Pungyo sunny it will be very much exiciting and joy for all over the world to see that magazine... Very Happy
im always quite happy to research on to know/analyze/think and write. Very Happy

Goodday all in the USA and other cities/towns in this world with day time
Goodnight night... Tony love...
and all
7thclouds(mari t)

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 7:30 am    Post subject:

May 11, 2005

MING PAO - "2046" is slated to go on screen in USA this August and will start its 3 week promotional tour. Sony Pictures, who acquired the North American rights to "2046", will be jetting Tony Leung from coast to coast, from New York to San Francisco to Boston, Chicago and even Minneapolis. Tony remarks, "I feel like I'm running for the presidential election!" Famed female photographer Karin Catt will shoot the star for the cover of Vogue Magazine. The press has been doling out rave reviews for the film. On the May 8th issue of The New York Times, editors selected Tony as one of the five top actors to watch this summer and drew attention to his 2002 masterpiece "In the Mood For Love." Director Ang Lee learned of Tony's arrival to Manhattan and arranged to meet him. They both had mutual admiration for each other. Will Tony be on the set with Martin Scorcese while he shoots the American adapation of "Infernal Affairs" - "The Departed?" Regretfully, Tony won't be able to make it because of his tight schedule. Read (Chinese)

http://www.hkvpradio.com/
Pungyo

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 8:52 am    Post subject: This is why your name is "News."

I didn't realize he went up to Minneapolis, too! Gosh! He really DID cover a lot of mileage in this country! No wonder he said he felt like a politician campaigning for office! But, so much travel for someone who doesn't care for flying... I hope he has a nice long break before he starts training for his next film. If I were him, I think I'd have to sleep for 3 days just to recuperate! Smile

-K

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 9:13 am    Post subject: Re: This is why your name is "News."

Pungyo wrote:
Re: This is why your name is "News." Smile

-K

Pungyo, it was unintended username and only later I realized I really did live up to its! I like to research. Wink

Actually, if I'm not wrong, that meeting with Lawrence Block took placed on Saturday April 30, 2005 prior to his meeting with Summertime and I. I recalled before they parted, they had picture taken and he wore that outfit.

So, the long photo shoot that he mentioned to Sandy on Friday could be for Vogue at the hotel.
   www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> The Latest Tony News All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: