TONYLEUNG.INFO
THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)

THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD

Meeting with Tony in NYC 4/29 & 4/30
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next

www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> The Latest Tony News
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 1:33 pm    Post subject:

hahahhaa OMG!!!! n i thot i was the only potatoe freak especially mashed potatoes and sweet potatoes !!!ahhhhhhhh we share the same interest in foods
summertime

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 1:52 pm    Post subject:

Hiya Smile

news asked the question about favourite food.

Before Tony mentioned potatoes, I recall him saying that he did like Chinese food.

summertime Smile

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 3:13 pm    Post subject:

what about color? lol
news

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 4:41 pm    Post subject:

summertime wrote:
Hiya Smile

news asked the question about favourite food.

Before Tony mentioned potatoes, I recall him saying that he did like Chinese food.

summertime Smile

I have something to add about his mentioning of potatoes later. Wink

Fun stuff. Smile
fung

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 5:21 pm    Post subject:

Hi Sandy, News and Summertime

thanks very much for sharing everything to us here...thanks for the lovely photos...tony looks really happy there...

if you gals don't object, i shall re-post these lovely tony photos to www.leungchiuwai.net. in case you don't agree, pls do let me know.

thanks alot!

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 5:36 pm    Post subject:

OMG summertime pics are really cool!!!! Very Happy thanks Sandy for posting and summertime for taking such good snaps!!!

p.s: are there more? heehee Embarassed

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 10:29 pm    Post subject:

thanx for the pix he looks so cute i luv his smile ..hes so petite hehe bt cute!

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 2:47 am    Post subject:

Sandy, somewhere back in this thread you said something that implied that you didn't know why Tony thought of calling you. I think he did because he's seen how much time, thought, and care you have devoted to him. Yours is not the typical fan website. This is really a great site. He couldn't pay somone to do what you have done here. In addition to this being a really well done website, occasionally you post really thoughtful, honest, insightful writings that reveal you to be not a crazy, shallow fan, but a deep, kind, thoughtful and intelligent person. It's no wonder he wanted to meet you.

I'm just a TLCW fan who comes here occasionally. I may have posted once before. But now seems a good time to tell you this. It's not just fate that allowed you to meet. Your good work and personality had a lot to do with it, I'm sure. And it has been great reading your, Summertime's and News' accounts of your meeting. From the pics, it looks like Tony was comfortable and happy to be with you.
occasional guest

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 2:49 am    Post subject: To Sandy

Sandy, somewhere back in this thread you said something that implied that you didn't know why Tony thought of calling you. I think he did because he's seen how much time, thought, and care you have devoted to him. Yours is not the typical fan website. This is really a great site. He couldn't pay somone to do what you have done here. In addition to this being a really well done website, occasionally you post really thoughtful, honest, insightful writings that reveal you to be not a crazy, shallow fan, but a deep, kind, thoughtful and intelligent person. It's no wonder he wanted to meet you.

I'm just a TLCW fan who comes here occasionally. I may have posted once before. But now seems a good time to tell you this. It's not just fate that allowed you to meet. Your good work and personality had a lot to do with it, I'm sure. And it has been great reading your, Summertime's and News' accounts of your meeting. From the pics, it looks like Tony was comfortable and happy to be with you.
occasional guest

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 2:50 am    Post subject:

Sorry for the double post. Embarassed
Sandy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 10:48 am    Post subject:

That's very flattering. Thanks for the comments, occasional guest!

Building and maintaining this site has been a very unique experience. Everything you see on the site comes from a generous contribution from past or present members. The forum is alive because of the members who choose to participate and share their resources/collections/thoughts. This is a community. I am simply filling my role as an administrator along with Info to manage the site.

If you think this is a cool site, then you are the ones who made it so. A big thanks to all of you for making it a friendly place to chat about TLCW. Very Happy
news

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 10:02 am    Post subject:

CANCER wrote:
THANKS NEWS,THANKS A LOT!
U're so lovely and I'm so touched.
THANKS!

Your comment sounds lovely.

rikku wrote:
Both of you and Tony are so charming Embarassed

He indeed is a charming guy!

Bibi wrote:
i was in miami but i couldn't go bcos i have final exams.

Having you there on that day would bring more laughters to the table! Smile What a shame you can't attend.

sw33tjuicymang00 wrote:
ahh how romantic!! In Love In Love In Love In Love In Love
u were even sharing air with him love hehe sry gals im daydreaming about it again

Romantic, eh? Wink You're cute. Smile

Pungyo wrote:
I feel like pasting a great big "L" on my forehead for "Looooooser!" I regret NOT being with you girls that Saturday so much! d'oh!
-K

You're silly. Smile I hope you get to ask him those questions regarding U.S. in person one day.

Anonymous wrote:
what about color? lol

We didn't ask him for his fave color. If he hasn't changed his loves for these colors, then they should be true: Red, Black, and Blue
http://www.tonyleung.org/feature/profile.shtml

Doriyaki, Hennes, Tonygrrl, karengoh, footprint
You're welcome! Smile

Fung-
It's fine if you are going to repost those pictures. Wink

ribi wrote:
I kept mumbling to myself, "How cool, how cool.. Tony is sooo nice... how cool how cool..." My colleagues must think I'm mad (read it during lunch)... Very Happy

Like Sandy said, meeting him was like having an afternoon tea with a friend. He's a superstar, yet, he acts very normal around his fans makes him a cool guy!

Nunuki wrote:
Thank you girls for sharing this with us with so many details and descriptions. I've been reading for two hours!!

Don't you feel that it's a good pleasure reading? Smile

mu99le wrote:
p.s: are there more? heehee Embarassed

Don't you feel that we're teasing you guys? Giving you guys bit and piece of story at a time followed by pictures through a span of weeks.

Sorry gal, that's it. Wink

-------------------------------------

I asked Tony what was his favorite food? “I like Chinese.” Then he specified further, “I like Cantonese food.”

I mumbled something or repeated his answer. He looked at me, and said, “Oh, I like potatoes.” It sounded strange to me not in a bad way. I don’t know what answer I was looking. I don’t really know.

“Do you like french fries” I inquired.

He either said, “Not really or no. “

“What kind of potatoes do you like?”

“Any kind of potatoes.”

“Sweet potatoes?”

He got animated at the discussion of potatoes-- his eyes got bigger, face lit up and radiant. I was thinking to myself, he must really like potatoes!

“I like them. I like sweet potatoes, regular potatoes. I like them all. I like smashed potato, grilled potatoes, steamed potatoes, baked potatoes, etc. If it’s potato I like it.

Did I ask what was his favorite fruit? That was where I was heading to with the food question. We bought him some fruits from Chinatown earlier; and I want to know if he likes them.

We scouted Chinatown for few blocks after we finished with the DVD purchased in search of buying a gift for Tony. Sandy told us his favorite flower was lily. But there was no lily in sight on that dull afternoon. However, there were many fruits stands. We bought him red grapes and ripe baby bananas.

I forgot how it led to the fruit topic after we talked about food. He turned his attention to the make-up artist and told her that we bought him fruits. Both of them now looking down at the floor to the fruits bag.

"Wow, what are big grapes" said the make-up artist.

"Of course!" said Tony. "This is America. Everything is big even grapes are big." He said with a straight face.

People at the table laughed out loud in unison at his remark. He wasn't trying to be funny. But his comment is comical. He looked at us and laughed too.

Up until that comment, I didn't aware he has that impression of America. Things are big here. Wink
mu99le

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 5:50 pm    Post subject:

news wrote:
He got animated at the discussion of potatoes-- his eyes got bigger, face lit up and radiant. I was thinking to myself, he must really like potatoes!

“I like them. I like sweet potatoes, regular potatoes. I like them all. I like smashed potato, grilled potatoes, steamed potatoes, baked potatoes, etc. If it’s potato I like it.

aiyooooo he must looked very cute at the time!! i love it when he talked animatedly about something...he becomes all lighted up and enthusiastic. not like his usual quiet self.

Quote:
"Wow, what are big grapes" said the make-up artist.

"Of course!" said Tony. "This is America. Everything is big even grapes are big." He said with a straight face.

People at the table laughed out loud in unison at his remark. He wasn't trying to be funny. But his comment is comical. He looked at us and laughed too.

hahahah...ya i get his joke. i had been to Australia several times and i have the impression that everything there, like the people, are big. no offense! even the french fries and rubber bands are ten times bigger than in my country. Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 5:01 am    Post subject:

Hi! news!

When I read your first reports, I came to worry about Tony’s life a little. He said that he hates watching movie at home, horror movie, flying, ancient movie, working... Wow! The world consists of things he hates. Rolling Eyes

But now, I came to know that he likes Cantonese food, any kind of potatoes (including sweet potato), and lily. I am very pleased for him. How wonderful life! Very Happy hahaha...

Thank you very much for sharing of your memories. I say again that you are so charming and kind, and Tony is indeed so charming and cute. cheers
hennes

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 3:38 am    Post subject: !

Quote:
. Everything is big even grapes are big

OMG!what a lovely thought~

it's funny
   www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> The Latest Tony News All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 13 of 14

Jump to: