TONYLEUNG.INFO
THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)

THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD

Meeting with Tony in NYC 4/29 & 4/30
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> The Latest Tony News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
news

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 2:57 pm    Post subject: Meeting with Tony in NYC 4/29 & 4/30

Oh, gosh. I really lost for words!!! It was magic! Wink

I just returned from the trip and literally threw my bag on my apartment floor right at this second and so I could send you all a quick note. How much detail do you want??? Laughing

We spent roughly 1 hour 45 minutes chatting with him at the Soho Grand Hotel’s lounge/bar.

Story will follow tonight and pictures will be uploaded later on this week.
sw33tjuicymang0

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 3:25 pm    Post subject:

OMG !!!!!!!!!! U gotta tell us all the juicy details NOW ryte here this minute and ALL the pics !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy WE LUV U!!!

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 3:38 pm    Post subject:

do you know how we can Tony if we are going to be in Los Angeles?

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 3:40 pm    Post subject:

opps made a mistake on my comment above, but I just wanted to know if you know how can we meet Tony if were going to be in the los angeles area?
news

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 4:38 pm    Post subject:

Newbie-

The only reason we could meet up with Tony this time is due to the connection Info has with Tony. Tony got Sandy's contact number from Info; then, he called her that's how everything happened.

For the rest of the cities Tony will be at perhaps Info has to weave the magic web again. However, since his purpose in the US this time is for a film promotion so, we have to work around his schedule.

Hope we aren't troubling him too much. Wink

He told us the final state he’ll be at is California. Be patient and just keep checking the forum for the latest updates if Info could obtain it.

Good luck to all of the US fans.
news

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 8:09 pm    Post subject:

April 30, 2005
Duration: A little after 5pm until 6:40ish pm

News: N
Tony: T
Sandy: S
Summertime: ST

This is my account of meeting with Tony Leung, and am leaving out Summertime’s part in which she'll report to you first hand later.

On Friday, April 29, 2005, Sandy met with Tony at Soho Grand Hotel’s lobby and at this meeting she inquired him if two of his fans, whom traveled a distance, could meet up with him tomorrow, which he agreed to.

On a late April Saturday's noon, three online friends whom met for the first time in person at an overcrowded street corner of Canal St. crosses Layettes St. in New York City. It was our first live meeting and awkwardness was absent and not even a hint of it was in the air. I felt that I have known these two women for years, which sound absurd to some and even to me now. We were bond through the admiration and respect for Tony Leung’s works. Oddly enough, I had this great trust in them and fear or frightened weren’t surface at all. Or was I too animated and inundated that within few hours I would meet Tony?

We didn’t describe each other's appearance prior to the meeting, which proved how much dependent we had on cell phone for communication. We had Dim Sum at a Chinese restaurant and followed by a close to two hours chat at a nearby bubble tea store in which we talked about everything under the sky.

To be continued…

Last edited by news on Wed May 04, 2005 1:11 pm; edited 5 times in total
news

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 9:01 pm    Post subject:

While sipping bubble teas, we shared with each other photos that we brought to ask Tony signed them and gifts that we’d give to him later. I brought him a card and three 4x6 photos—each of these photos was taken at this year film awards where he won best actor prizes. I contemplate he might want to have them for memory.

The meeting with Tony was tentatively scheduled for 5:00 pm- 5:15 pm. Around 3:45 pm we walked around Chinatown and did a little DVD shopping.

I bought Seoul Raiders DVD, while Sandy got 2046 CD/DVD, and Summertime snatched up Three Summer DVD and ITMFL CD.

I informed Sandy and Summertime that I wanted to buy a marker just in case Tony didn’t have one on site. Fortunately, our issue was rescued by the Pearl Fine Art store when we spotted it on our way to the hotel. I was a happy camper after I located a fine black marker and knowing that my glossy pictures developed from the Ritz Camera store and the girls' items could be signed. Sandy also bought a card for Tony.

Per scheduled, Sandy, Summertime, and I arrived at the lobby’s hotel approximately 4:35ish pm.

Throughout the entire morning, there were few drizzles here and there so, it was only wise to have a last minute touched up and fixed prior to meet Tony. So, off Summertime and I went straight to the restroom when we reached the Soho Grand Hotel.

To be continued...

Last edited by news on Wed May 04, 2005 1:16 pm; edited 3 times in total
news

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 9:04 pm    Post subject:

Should I paused here? Wink

Yeah...it's getting late. More details the like handshakes and other fun stuffs that we chatted will be revealed next time.

Good night all.
7thclouds

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 2:13 am    Post subject: the greatest time in your life you all have!

Hi ya there!
Dearest Tony sunny and Sandy, News, Summertime! Smile
Greatest moment you all have to meet Tony in person finally!
I have always believed that Tony has been doing, always, his very best only with his good intentions.
Thanks Tony and thanks for the report (to be continued....right?), Sandy, news and summertime even you were just came back from NYC and tired!

And I wish Tony's trip relaxing, hopefully, even in busy days.
Have a good time at places you go...

Goodday TONY Love
Goodday all
Have a beautiful night all on this side of earth

7thclouds(mari tomita)

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 4:44 am    Post subject:

news thank you for the details!! can't wait to read the juicy parts tomorrow!! summertime, please share your account with us too. we also wait for the photos. thank you all for sharing! Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 7:24 am    Post subject:

Thanks news! Very Happy Oooh....I can't wait till you post the continuation to your "Tony Encounter"! It's been very good so far, felt like I was there with you girls.
Garfield

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 7:36 am    Post subject:

Thanks News!!!!!!!!! ..... Thanks for typing it for us to share ~~

Laughing

Pls let us have more detailed report when you have time la...... ha, i guess you are still excited now Smile......

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 9:16 am    Post subject:

I try to write the story as descriptive as possible and hope to still pay respect to Tony by not detailing everything. I want to give you guys a feeling that I'm holding your hand and taking you through the journey while you're reading it and not from the window peeking in with your pairs of desperation eye wanting to join the fun.

What you guys want me to describe more or less do voice it. I need to know; I can’t read mind especially over the Internet. Wink

Trust me, I'd like to jot everything down as quick as possible before it run away from me. Smile
news

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 10:51 am    Post subject:

All of the anticipation and years of wishing meeting Tony was about to realize. I don’t sit around and predict how I’d feel if I see him one day. But the moment was here and this was how I felt-- I was edgy and more nervous at each passing minute! It was the exact feeling of when you were about to give a speech in the auditorium or made a presentation in front of a classroom with staring eyes.

While I was attempted to gather my calm in the comfort zone of the dim light of the hotel’s ladies room-- my blood shot up higher, not highest, few minutes later, when Sandy swung the restroom’s door open. She proudly and cheerfully delivered the good news that Tony was outside having a meeting with someone in the hotel’s lounge & bar.

Great! Can't run now.

I did have a thought of turning my back and fled the scene.

Sandy was informed that he would have a meeting with someone from 4 pm until 5 pm and then he’d hurried back to the hotel for our meeting.

Sense that his meeting’s location must have been altered.

She suggested we should go out and get a table somewhere in the lounge while waiting for Tony to be done with his meeting. Gathered our stuffs, Summertime and I followed Sandy’s footstep. Summertime said she didn't see him the minute we saw heads, heads, and more heads. Customers sitting around tables mingled with their friends. I whispered to her and said, “me too.”

”Tell me if you spot him,” I asked Summertime.

There were few groups of American customers chatting away and had no clue Tony Leung was just inches away from them. But how many actually recognize or know this multi-award winner HK actor in the land of America.

We walked, walked, and walked as my eyes scanned the room searching for his face.

Right there, he was right there!!!

My heart stopped beating for one second as I swiftly passed by his table, which was to my right located next to the door.

He looked clean. Smooth. Neat and my Gosh, young, young. A young man. A very alive one as the matter fact.

The hotel’s lounge & bar was on the second floor positioned on the left of the hotel and Tony sat at the first table talking to three other people, two Americans, a male and a female, and his PR/Mgr (Chinese).

:

Do you see that smaller room behind the door? Right there. He was there. That was the room we sat in.

Last edited by news on Wed May 04, 2005 1:29 pm; edited 2 times in total
news

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 11:52 am    Post subject:

Later we learnt from Tony the high powering man he met earlier was an author whom Tony has been reading his book for a long, long time.

We sat down at a vacant table, which happened to be the last one at a corner on the same row as his. From where we sat, if I looked straight to my left, I would see a handsome man using his right hand touching his forehead and while attentively listening to the author spoke.

Sandy’s friend, an American and a resident of NY, was present as well who tag along for fun. Four of us sat down and ordered drinks. Summertime ordered cold water and I couldn’t handle anything else other than hot drink-- I got a hot coffee. I forgot what Sandy ordered for drink. I was shivering; drinking cold beverage would only worsen my body's temperature. While waiting for Tony, I got the Seoul Raiders DVD, photos’ envelope, and jot down my name and my friend’s names on a sticky note. Pulled out a pen and a black marker placed them neatly on the table.

Roughly less than 10 minutes later, Tony walked over an approached Sandy. He requested us to move over to his table since the couple and his PR/Mgr had left.

We didn’t really want to transfer to his table because we were just started to get comfortable in our little corner.

No one had the courage to sit across from Tony. I didn’t want the hot sit. I chose the last seat and farthest seat from him. I was about to sit down, then Tony’s young assistant, it wasn’t Isabella, ushered me to take the middle one, closer to Tony. Her name is Ivy from Taipei by the way.

The hot seat, the chair across from Tony’s chair, in which Summertime had no choice but took it because no one wanted to take it. Another prime seat was the one on the same row next to Tony. Sandy was forced by her friend to sit next to him.

So, the inside row from left to right: Tony, Sandy, and then her friend.
The opposite row: Summertime, me, and then Ivy (his assistant).

Tony stood up as we picked our seats and said hello to all of us.

Last edited by news on Wed May 04, 2005 1:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
   www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> The Latest Tony News All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 1 of 14

Jump to: