TONYLEUNG.INFO
THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)

THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD

IT'S OFFICIAL??
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> The Latest Tony News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
penguinbrat

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:37 am    Post subject:

Passing_by wrote:
Chidlren are a big deal to women especially as they get older .

I hope you are not generalizing all women. It is not uncommon for a woman not to experience the ticking of her "biological clock" at all.
PASSING-BY

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 6:37 am    Post subject: take it as you like it

It applies to whom it applies, and doesn't apply to whom it doesn't apply. The formula is really not complicated. What to do!
karengohlim

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 8:43 am    Post subject:

Well, passing_by, you are welcome to comment.

I like the way you put them. Marriage will be a good thing for both Tony and partner. I agree with you on that.

karengoh~~~~faithful fan of Tony

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 9:50 am    Post subject:

To be objective, I think marriage can be good for some, maybe even most people. (altho popular research states that it is normally the man who is happier.) But then again - it may not work for all people - there are some who have been there and do not want to go there again. There are others who wld rather not even get their toes wets. Wink

So, pls let Tony exercise his free choice. (And let's not behave like nagging Asian relatives that some of us have Very Happy "When are you getting married?" "When are you both going to have kids?" It is so "in-your-face" these questions.)

And abt. having children - I know most would like to have "their own" - but let's not be prejuiced should anyone choose to adopt either. Wink

Be Happy Everyone! Good weekend!
penguinbrat

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 12:58 pm    Post subject:

passing-by wrote:
It applies to whom it applies, and doesn't apply to whom it doesn't apply. The formula is really not complicated.

The human body is not a formula. For each individual woman, her hormones have their own identity of which way to go.
PASSING_BY

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 8:57 am    Post subject: figure it out

penguinbrat wrote:
passing-by wrote:
It applies to whom it applies, and doesn't apply to whom it doesn't apply. The formula is really not complicated.

The human body is not a formula. For each individual woman, her hormones have their own identity of which way to go.

I was not referring to the human body when I used the word "formula". I was referring to the reader being about to comprehend a simple paragraph without me having to repeat myself for someone who is splitting hairs over what was meant to be an innocuous remark. As you're forcing me to do now (oh, perhaps you will reply again to tell me that no one is "forcing" me to do anything!) When I said the formula is simple I meant: if my comment about "women wanting to have children as they get older" doesn't apply to some women then you take the comment as not applying to those women. If the comment does apply to some women, then you take the comment as applying to those women. It is a given that when someone writes an opinion or shares an observation those comments aren't going to apply to every single human being striding upon the earth! Any intelligent person can discern from a writer's remarks that come of those remakes apply to some people while not applying to others.

Again, THE FORUMLA IS SIMPLE. It's called "reading comprehension".

Sheesh, this is why I have never registered to this board and don't participate on a regular basis, because I have rarely seen a fan board with so many argumentative, nit-picking people.

Many of the posters here are smart, warm-hearted, thoughtful and seem truly interested in Tony and his work, not about finding fault with every comment that comes down the pike.

To "Guest": you'd be amazed how many non-Asian relative do that, too! Smile Even I, a caucasian American at the age of 33 and still un-married, soooooo many people will say "Such a pretty girl, you're past 30 already, don't you want to get married?" Of course I do but it's not as if a husband can be picked off a tree like a piece of fruit! I actually recently had one person say to me "You'd better get going, time's a-wastin'!" Yes, someone actually said that to my face. These people think they are helping.... Confused It doesn't surprise me that some people who are not old can feel old, because others MAKE them feel that way! I never feel that I'm "old" until someone says something like "time's a-wastin"!
cancer

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 9:06 am    Post subject:

although tony said he 's got used to the gossip and did not mind,but I think everything he saw would left something in his mind becoz of his sensitivity...
anyway he is mature,so he can make himself have no feeling on all the unpleasant comment.
no feeling,no care.........that's OK.
but as a fan,I wish him happy.of cause we needn't to make everyone pleased,but there's no everyone,there's only a man named tony leungcw.
A Stranger

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 11:32 am    Post subject:

Is it true Tony & Carina got married Very Happy ....this great news thumbleft
Everyone should be very happy for Tony & Carina Very Happy
penguinbrat

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 2:16 pm    Post subject:

To: Passing_by,

Glad to know that I got your juice flowing on a Sunday Laughing !
PASSING_BY

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 4:32 pm    Post subject: you're a sad, old, tired hat

penguinbrat wrote:
To: Passing_by,

Glad to know that I got your juice flowing on a Sunday Laughing !

I suppose that little retort was employed to deflect from the fact that you have faulty reading comprehension and someone finally pointed it out to you...I'm more convinced than ever that as*holes like you come a dime a dozen. Now Laughing right back at ya. Razz
penguinbrat

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 7:44 pm    Post subject: 33 year old curmudgeon in training

Hey passing_by:

Wow...such witty comments.
Get a life and refine your vocabulary while you're at it.
   www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> The Latest Tony News All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: