TONYLEUNG.INFO
THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)

THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD

IT'S OFFICIAL??
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> The Latest Tony News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
penguinbrat

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 4:43 pm    Post subject:

A Fan :
Quote:
Yes, so do Tony and Carina. They are people with feelings too, so some words they read about them might made them feel bad. Just because you have the right to free speech doesn't mean you can go around talking bad about everyone. If you did that at your home or work or school you'd not have many friends left.

Hello, excuse me, I believe I did emphasized thoughts, emotions,likes, dislikes and ideas, not gossip!

To speak negatively of a person at work or at school is classified as malicious. To approach a person and express opinions and vice versa is a discussion.

Nobody owns them. Just because they are famous it doesn't give you the right to say what you like about them.

True, noone own Tony and Carina. As I have said before, they are mature adults with their own personal lives.

theroane, oil Yuki, mu99le guess and many more are fans of Tony and I assumed they also fancy him. I know I do.

So let's take a chill on this.

penguinbrat

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 4:47 pm    Post subject:

Correction on my previous message:

A Fan :
Quote:
Yes, so do Tony and Carina. They are people with feelings too, so some words they read about them might made them feel bad. Just because you have the right to free speech doesn't mean you can go around talking bad about everyone. If you did that at your home or work or school you'd not have many friends left.

My quote:Hello, excuse me, I believe I did emphasized thoughts, emotions,likes, dislikes and ideas, not gossip!

To speak negatively of a person at work or at school is classified as malicious. To approach a person and express opinions and vice versa is a discussion.

Fan quote: Nobody owns them. Just because they are famous it doesn't give you the right to say what you like about them.

My quote:
True, noone own Tony and Carina. As I have said before, they are mature adults with their own personal lives.

theroane, oil Yuki, mu99le guess and many more are fans of Tony and I assumed they also fancy him. I know I do.

So let's take a chill on this.
mu99le

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 5:22 pm    Post subject:

penguinbrat wrote:
Both Carina and Tony are mature adults. They will decide what is best for their private lives.

As for us, we are entitle to our personal opinions. It is a free country. This is
a forum for us to express and communicate. Tony and Carina may not like certain discussions on this forum, but hey, we can't please everyone.

Humans are very complex and that's what make us interesting. We all have individual thoughts, emotions, likes, dislikes and ideas Idea .

thumbleft thumbleft

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 6:02 pm    Post subject:

Also give Tony credit for having intelligence and awareness of what goes on. After all, he knew of one site (whether this one or Springlight) where the fans were arguing amongst themselves and the fan rivalries between two celebrities. As he has posted on this website several years ago, he must know the baggage that Carina carries as the dislike of Carina was even more open back then before Isabel was in contact with Info. Even if Carina didn't carry any baggage, all male celebrities know that their girlfriends/wives are potential targets of their fans' dissatisfaction. Fans want the best for their idols and they seem to think they know who is good for them. Linda McCartney and now Heather Mills are the scorn of Paul McCartney's fans for whatever reason. Paul can't fight it no matter how much he defends his love for Heather. But he knows he needs his fans, especially since he will be touring this summer.

Yet knowing that, Tony still visits whether directly or indirectly for all that time and to this day. I'm sure he's so wisened that he will ignore the unflattering comments about his woman. If not, you'll know if you have ended up on his sh*t list.

I'm not judging whether it is appropriate or not to express a fan's dislike for Carina, but I am giving Tony credit that he already knows that as he isn't sheltered and naive.
penguinbrat

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 6:34 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Also give Tony credit for having intelligence and awareness of what goes on. After all, he knew of one site (whether this one or Springlight) where the fans were arguing amongst themselves and the fan rivalries between two celebrities.

I don't think the fans on this site are arquing amongst themselves. We are just laying out our "cards" on the table for discussion. No hard feelings Cool .
taurus

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 7:02 pm    Post subject:

While, I think Tony may visit this site and he may read this and other threads, he is not a fresh show-biz star.

He has more about 2 decades of experience in showbiz and expressions of fans' liking or not liking something is not new to him - probably somethings he has accepted as part of the job.

The message I would want to give him is that he is a great actor.

Regarding his fans, I think Tony is most concern about how they view his work. I do not think he would take our comments about his personal life seriously - since we do not know him personally, or he us.

But it is just so human for fans to give "unasked for" comments and advice. (just as we would comment on our friend's relationship too.)

But in the end, it will be his choice: to do, not do to, or leave things as they are. Very Happy
queenie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 8:01 am    Post subject:

I think he does take fans comments personally, so it's better not to discuss anything negatively. he only loves those fans who priase him and adore him.
penguinbrat

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 12:47 pm    Post subject:

Queenie wrote:
Quote:
I think he does take fans comments personally, so it's better not to discuss anything negatively. he only loves those fans who priase him and adore him.

I sincerely hope Tony is not an egotiscal person. I think most of us in this forum are rather liberal. Once again, we are only exchanging opinions.
We are not maliciously criticizing him or his significant other.
penguinbrat

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 2:13 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
I sincerely hope Tony is not an egotiscal person.

Oops! I mispelled egotistical! Pardon my error.
Jazzmyn

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 2:49 pm    Post subject: To criticize or not to criticize?

The world of celebrity has its ups and downs and everyone has a right to their opinion - flattering or not. Being a couple for over 10 years means that Ms. Lau and Mr. Leung have weathered more than a few negative comments. As mature individuals, they conduct their lives exactly as they alone please.

As much as we might relish the idea that they take our musings to heart, they don't - and neither should we.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 3:37 pm    Post subject: it's official

Anonymous wrote:
I don't think the above negative comments about Carina are very diplomatic or nice actually - especially taking into account that Tony comes to this site on occasion.

The problem these days is that the more 'accessible' celebrities make themselves (and HK film stars seem to interact with their fans more than British or American ones would ever dream of doing) the more fans feel they can comment on their private affirs and lives.

You can now see why Andy Lau goes into total denial about his girlfriend/wife and supposed daughter... I used to think this was stupid and a bit selfish of him but now I don't blame him.

Now whether I'm a fan of Carina's or not is neither here nor there!

aka: andy's angel

Andy Lau has given his total denial having a 'wife' & 'daughter--because -- IT'S NOT TRUE !!! goodness, people should use their heads !!! as famous as as Andy is-- & with the tabloids at his heels--they can't 'prove' anything by now??? hell! even i can 'dig-- if this is true-- & have actual proof-- marriage-birth certificates by now.it' s easy to do-- if true--NOT-- when it's all rubbish!

How about this then-- this female in question 'uses' Andy as escape goat to 'hide' her own illigitimate daughter to'save'face in her barrio !!! & is basically in 'cahoots' wiith the tabloid that 'writes' about her.. ha!!! which is closer to the truth.

i KNOW HOW TABLOIDS 'WORK' & iF THEY CAN'T HAVE REAL PROOF BY NOW ? IT'S SIMPLY BECAUSE-- IT'S NOT TRUE & DOESN'T EXIST! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes THAT'S WHAT !!!
i WILL PERSONALLY 'EXPOSE' aNDY LAU IF THERE'S ANY GRAIN OF TRUTH TO THIS RUMOR-- HELL !! DAMN TABLOIDS CAN'T SUPPORT THEIR RUBBISH!!! & ALL I SEE ARE PLOTHOLES AS BIG AS A HOUSE-- TO SHOVE THESE TO SMITHEREENS.. Shocked
jenlim

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 3:12 am    Post subject: While I wasn't looking...

I haven't been to our happy site in ages. You can just imagine what I was thinking when I opened this thread, wow, Tony Leung got married while I wasn't looking? I didn't realize I was that out of the loop and all. I must devote more time to visiting this site, like I used to.

I miss this site.

Feelings can creep up just like that.
Looney Tune

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 5:35 pm    Post subject: Re: While I wasn't looking...

jenlim wrote:
I haven't been to our happy site in ages. You can just imagine what I was thinking when I opened this thread, wow, Tony Leung got married while I wasn't looking? I didn't realize I was that out of the loop and all. I must devote more time to visiting this site, like I used to.

I miss this site.

We missed you too! Good to see you back Very Happy
sw33tjuicymang0

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 5:39 pm    Post subject:

jenlim i lyke ur sexy banner
PASSING_BY

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 6:17 pm    Post subject: andy

Hey, I've never posted here before but I've been reading the board for about 2 months. Mostly I've been reading the board to catch up on Tony because I don't know much about him besides he's a great actor! But I felt compelled to respond to these comments about Andy Lau, so bear with me for sticking my nose in. It happens that I recently read an interview with Andy about the time he was promoting 'Flying Daggers' and the interviewer mentions something to Andy like "don't you want children?" or something like that. Andy replied that he thinks he does "but I need a partner first". These are not the words of a man who already supposedly *has* a child and a partner. Of course some of you who want to believe that rumor can easily say that he just made those comments to cover for himself. Well, i agree with what a previous poster said--the media *knows* how to uncover secrets. There is no way he could hide a child and the child's mother. It's so ridiculous that I can't believe it's even validated with discussion and argument.

Now getting back ontopic of this thread. I hope Tony married Carina. I wish he would if he hasn't. And i wish a child for them. It seems that Carina really wants it but she also obviously loves Tony and would rather stay with him and have no child than to be without him. That's love, folks. Chidlren are a big deal to women especially as they get older and Carina is no spring chicken. Lots of women would have left if their clock is ticking and their husband/lover isn't keen to children. Most women getting to the age of 40 wouldn't sit around and wait for the partner to make up his mind. Maybe Tony tells the press he doesn't want kids so that they won't pester Carina. If Tony said "I want one and so does she" then they would never leave them alone about it. Maybe, just maybe, Tony is protecting Carina. I wish happiness for them. Tony was abandoned by his father and this leaves a very deep wound in a man and very often causes a man to fear becoming a father himself. I have heard many a story of men who thought they didn't want kids because they were afraid but once they finally did it they felt that child brought them healing. It can turn a person's life around. I've seen it happen.
   www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> The Latest Tony News All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: