TONYLEUNG.INFO
THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)

THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD

IT'S OFFICIAL??
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> The Latest Tony News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mu99le

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 6:31 pm    Post subject: IT'S OFFICIAL??

Baby on the way?

467 words
10 April 2005
The New Paper
English
Copyright 2005, Singapore Press Holdings Limited

Tony Leung and Carina Lau married?

TONY Leung Chiu Wai and long-time sweetheart Carina Lau have finally done it.

A Hong Kong magazine reported that the couple got married a day after Tony won the Best Actor award for the record-breaking fifth time at the Hong Kong Film Awards last month.

The wedding was reportedly a simple dinner affair held at a relative's home. According to the magazine, the lavish seafood dinner was catered from a restaurant, but Tony and Carina invited only immediate family members, and kept the dinner to two tables.

Apparently, Carina's family have been pressuring the couple for years to get married, and Tony had promised to commit if he wins Best Actor again this year.

Meanwhile, another magazine reported that Tony visited a Chinese physician 19 times last month, prompting speculation that he was suffering from an ailment.

When a magazine reporter spoke to the physician, however, she claimed that Tony was seeking health protection, and not treatment.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 8:57 pm    Post subject:

This rumour has been circulating for years, so I doubt it. Personally I hope it isn't true. Sorry, but I just don't like Carina.
tomko

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 2:21 am    Post subject:

I don't care if they marry or not or have a baby or not. But it would bug me a bit if the rumor was true and it ended up Tony was denying so stubbornly and so much that he didn't want to marry or have children, especially against Carina's claims otherwise. Why make such a big coverup and lie? I'd prefer that he would ignore the reporters questions whenever they'd get too personal. It's not as if they would be the first or last celebrity couple to marry for such a big coverup. Marry or don't marry, it really doesn't make a difference to me.
Info

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 4:01 am    Post subject:

No, the news is not true.
Yuki

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 7:20 am    Post subject:

Wow that scared me, I thought the news was true but anyway, personally saying, I don't really like Carina. (Beats me, I don't have a clue why I don't like her) but it really won't make a difference to me whether Tony gets marry or not. I'll still luv him Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 8:37 am    Post subject:

I also would keep on loving Tony whether he is married or not. And although Tony likes his privacy, he never misinformed the press (as far as I recall)
mu99le

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 4:34 pm    Post subject:

i agree with yuki and guess Anxious

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 9:44 pm    Post subject:

I really agree with yuki and guess too because I am the one who don't really like carina .................. Embarassed Embarassed
theroane

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 3:03 pm    Post subject:

I don't like her either. I think she's a good actress and I have enjoyed all of her performances that I've seen, but I don't like her. This makes me feel bad, because I'm afraid I'm just jealous and that would be silly. But I realized recently that it's really that I don't like them together. I don't like all the photos of her holding hands with other people, or him being a little too friendly with other women. He said in one article I read that one of the reasons they got together was that they both liked to go out and party. And I don't think that's a real good influence on him. He's admitted that he drinks a little too much. I just get the impression that they don't make each other very happy, really. I can't quite put my finger on it, I just get that feeling. I don't know, I'm weird, pay me no attention. Confused

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 8:19 pm    Post subject:

Although i am not a big fam of carina, I hope they get married. AND hope he have lots of children and have them grow up to be just like him! Laughing Hope everything goes the way he wants...............

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 2:42 am    Post subject:

I don't think the above negative comments about Carina are very diplomatic or nice actually - especially taking into account that Tony comes to this site on occasion.

The problem these days is that the more 'accessible' celebrities make themselves (and HK film stars seem to interact with their fans more than British or American ones would ever dream of doing) the more fans feel they can comment on their private affirs and lives.

You can now see why Andy Lau goes into total denial about his girlfriend/wife and supposed daughter... I used to think this was stupid and a bit selfish of him but now I don't blame him.

Now whether I'm a fan of Carina's or not is neither here nor there!
Gathoni

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 3:34 am    Post subject: let the guy settle down

Tony is not getting younger, and so is Carina, if there is a baby on the way, then it'd better make them commit, now, or else they will not have time to enjoy seeing their children grow up. If you have decided Tony, then do it and stick to it. Settle down mate, its time.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 5:04 am    Post subject:

I think that pubic figures have come to accept that their private lives will be under scrutiny by media, fans and even their own "coleagues". And they cannot just expect positive, glowing remarks.

I do not think wat has been said on this thread is particularly hurting. The writers are expressing their opinion and like/dislike. I M sure TV and Movie artists have had to put up with more negatives comments from unfriendly sources.

Commenting on one's partner may seems intruding. But then calling on someone to get hitched and procreate is also equally intruding. But I see both views as fair comment so long as nothing malicious is written.

Dear Tony be your own man!
(but remember your fans here just love to drop our views every now and then - even if it is uncalled for Smile Embarassed Pls do not take offense!)
penguinbrat

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 9:14 am    Post subject:

Both Carina and Tony are mature adults. They will decide what is best for their private lives.

As for us, we are entitle to our personal opinions. It is a free country. This is
a forum for us to express and communicate. Tony and Carina may not like certain discussions on this forum, but hey, we can't please everyone.

Humans are very complex and that's what make us interesting. We all have individual thoughts, emotions, likes, dislikes and ideas Idea .
A fan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 2:03 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Humans are very complex and that's what make us interesting. We all have individual thoughts, emotions, likes, dislikes and ideas

Yes, so do Tony and Carina. They are people with feelings too, so some words they read about them might made them feel bad. Just because you have the right to free speech doesn't mean you can go around talking bad about everyone. If you did that at your home or work or school you'd not have many friends left.

Quote:
I think that pubic figures have come to accept that their private lives will be under scrutiny by media, fans and even their own "coleagues". And they cannot just expect positive, glowing remarks.

Sorry but this is just a excuse to justify it. Nobody owns them. Just because they are famous it doesn't give you the right to say what you like about them.
Also it's possible Tony will read these comments. It's not a nice thing to read such things when you just come here to say hello to fans.

Nobody here personally knows Carina so nobody can really judge her.
But Tony likes her so I hope they are both happy. That's what's important right? If she makes Tony happy it's good.
   www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> The Latest Tony News All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: