TONYLEUNG.INFO
THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)

THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD

Bravo Tony!!!!! But what a bad guy………

www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Communicate with Tony
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kind Soul

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 4:54 am    Post subject: Bravo Tony!!!!! But what a bad guy………

I’m so happy for your award, though I hate Cho Mo Wan’s character (and all men like him!! but this also means that you portrayed him very well).
I watched Seoul Raiders yesterday and enjoyed it, especially your cruel and funny face when you feed Richie Jen with wasabi (bleah).
My favourite movies among yours are Infernal Affairs and Hero, but whenever I need to lift up my mood I’ve got my copy of Chinese Odyssey 2002, you make me laugh each time even when I only think of it!!!!
I would love to be in Hong Kong for the April gathering, but I can’t because of my job. I’m planning to be there next autumn. Would you please let me know if there is any public event scheduled from September on? I’d be happy to adjust my plans accordingly… cheers
Last December I was in Hong Kong and I left the same day you were shooting Seoul Raider in Central… I was sooo mad!!!!
Thank you for the beautiful hours you give us with your work and the kindness you show for this group
A big hug
Elena

flower
Evie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:12 pm    Post subject: "Bad guy"

You are right!
Tony does portray the "bad guy" so well...

Pardon me for saying that, I'm propably one of the few people, that I see Mo-Wan's character with sympathy Embarassed

The way I see it, human beings (some women but mostly men) who are unable to stay/commit to a relationship are just hurting, lonely people.

The clue to 2046, to my humble opinion, is Mo Wan's ending quote when he says that - with a free translation - YES, he is sure that there is something he wouldn't lent/borrow to anyone.
It's up to the viewer to interpret what THAT thing is...
I consider it to be... HIM!
He wouldn't borrow himself (and his love) to anyone.

If one has experienced strong emotions; like head-over-heels love, separation, rejection, etc. You feel strangely complete. Even pain can give you a feeling of fulfilment.
   www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Communicate with Tony All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: