TONYLEUNG.INFO
THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)

THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD

N/A
Goto page 1, 2  Next

www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> The Latest Tony News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lemonberry

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 1:09 pm    Post subject: N/A

---

Last edited by lemonberry on Sat Apr 16, 2005 5:53 pm; edited 4 times in total
lemonberry

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 1:18 pm    Post subject:

Last edited by lemonberry on Sat Apr 16, 2005 5:15 pm; edited 3 times in total
lemonberry

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 2:31 pm    Post subject:

Last edited by lemonberry on Sat Apr 16, 2005 5:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
lemonberry

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 2:36 pm    Post subject:

lemonberry

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 2:40 pm    Post subject:

---

mu99le

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 5:08 pm    Post subject:

oh thanks very much for the photos and news! did tony come together with maggie? was that carina who kissed tony?

everybody looked good here...and i love the pic where tony and stephen shake hands Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 5:56 pm    Post subject:

mu99le wrote:
oh thanks very much for the photos and news! did tony come together with maggie? was that carina who kissed tony?

everybody looked good here...and i love the pic where tony and stephen shake hands Very Happy

Tony came with Carina. She sat beside him. Carina and Andy Lau to give away the Best Actress award.

Tony and Maggie to give away the Best Film Award, so they are on stage together. Thats the final award.

karengoh
themelo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 7:29 pm    Post subject:

does anyone have a bigger version of this picture? It's the annual hk film association's shot for all the best actor nominees, i think ths pic is really cool but i can't find a bigger version anywhere

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 10:38 pm    Post subject:

---

lemonberry

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 10:46 pm    Post subject:

---

Last edited by lemonberry on Sat Apr 16, 2005 5:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tony Grrl

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 2:47 am    Post subject:

Thanks for all the pics gals! Well done Tony....again Very Happy Carina looks lovely!

TLCW Fan UK
news

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 5:19 am    Post subject:

(3/28/2005)

The 24th Annual Hong Kong Film Award took place last night at the Hong Kong Coliseum. After the over three hour event, each award has been presented. Two favorites 2046 and KUNG FU HUSTLE (GONG FU) each won six awards. KUNG FU HUSTLE won Best Picture. Tony Leung Chiu Wai and Zhang Ziyi won Best Actor and Best Actress with 2046. Derek Yee Tung Sing with ONE NITE IN MONGKOK (WONG GOK HAK YEH) won Best Director and Best Screenplay.

Frequent award show guest Leung Chiu Wai with this year's victory has created his personal Hong Kong Film Award record and broken co-star Maggie Cheung Man Yuk's four time winning record. Leung Chiu Wai in the past has won with CHUNG KING EXPRESS (CHUNG HING SUM LUM), HAPPY TOGETHER (CHUN GUONG JA SIT), IN THE MOOD FOR LOVE (FA YEUNG NIN WA) and INFERNAL AFFAIRS (MO GAN DOH). His fifth Hong Kong Film Award for Best Actor was truly a proud record.

Cecilia Cheung Pak Chi presented the Best Actor award. She described Best Actor award winners were all "wrinkly men" and Leung Chiu Wai was a more than qualified "wrinkly man". Leung Chiu Wai said, although 2046 took a long time to make but he rather enjoyed the process. The result was also something to be excited about. "Thank you Hong Kong Film Awards, Wong Kar Wai. Making 2046 has been a long and difficult process that I also enjoyed a lot. Everyone was excited and satisfied with the result. Thank you (William) Chang Suk Ping. His costume and image designs helped me a lot. Editing has given me more flavor. Thank you 2046's outstanding actors Gong Li, (Carina) Lau Ka Ling, Faye Wong, Zhang Ziyi, Dong Jie, I have been very fortunate to have worked with you."

He said, "This award acceptance is like the first time, because the chance of winning an award twice for the same character isn't great. I am not too surprised but I am very happy." After five Best Actor wins, has he considered retiring so others can have a chance? He expressed that everyone has worked very hard and the award ultimately was a recognition.

Zhang Ziyi who earlier won the Golden Bauhinia Award again won Best Actress with 2046. She expressed that she admired her fellow nominees and thanked Leung Chiu Wai for an enjoyable working experience. Zhang Ziyi said that her father was the first person she called because she was truly very happy. When asked whether she has called her boyfriend, her assistant immediately dragged her off but she still smiled.

Leung Chiu Wai after the show went to celebrate with Zhang Ziyi and the cast. Did he feel girlfriend Carina Lau Ka Ling has been lucky for him? He said that Wong Kar Wai was lucky charm instead because four out of five of his winning films were Wong Kar Wai films.

This year is the 100th Anniversary of Chinese film. The event presented the Star of the Century award to the late gong fu superstar Bruce Lee. His daughter Shannon Lee Heung Yi personally accepted the award with Raymond Chow Man Wai. Lee Heung Yi spoke in Cantonese, "Thank you everyone for your support of Daddy over the years. I hope that everyone will continue the martial art spirit and the philosophy of Jeet Kuen Do."

Stephen Chow Sing Chi and Bruce Lee Club representatives gave an introduction of Bruce Lee's life on stage. On November 27, Bruce Lee's 65th birthday, a bronze statue of the late superstar will be erected on the Hong Kong Avenue of the Stars. Bruce Lee Club will also campaign for a Bruce Lee Museum.

The Professional Spirit Award went to film scholar Yu Mo Wan and Jackie chan. After accepting the award from director Ang Lee, Jackie Chan publicly advised his son Jaycee Chan (Fong Cho Ming). "If you want to win this award you have to wait 30 years too, and you can't arrive late and leave early." Later he said that he was not only speaking to his son but also all young actors. He said, "It's bad for everyone to leave halfway through the award show. Maybe this time everyone heard what I said so no one dared to leave." Backstage he also knocked Cho Ming's head with his award.

Jackie Chan was not only not disappointed in losing the Best Actor award to Leung Chiu Wai but instead was very happy, because the Professional Spirit Award needed 30 years to win. In comparison it was heavier in caliber.
Bai Ling with DUMPLINGS (GAU JI) has won the Golden Horse Award, the Golden Bauhinia Award and the Hong Kong Film Award for Best Supporting Actress, but she could not personally accept the award on the two previous occasions. Finally she was able to personally experience the honor. "Thank you (Peter) Chan Ho Sun, (Fruit) Chan Gor, (Christopher Doyle) To Ho Fung, for giving me a complete creative space. A phone call from Chan Ho Sun got me to come back for this strange character. Right now I am very nervous, very surprised."

She expressed appreciation to her supporters and the judges. Was she surprised by the three awards? She honestly said that she was the favorite so she was not too surprised. How would she celebrate? She said, "I like to dance and drink red wine. I will invite some new friends like Jackie Chan, (Andy) Lau Tak Wa and (Tony) Leung Chiu Wai." Her red dress caught a lot of attention. She said that she was a traditional person and deliberately chose red for good luck.
Yuen Wah after the Golden Bauhinia Award again won Best Supporting Actor. He honestly said that he was very emotional. Although he wanted to cry he still held back. "Winning this award wasn't easy because a famous actor had to become a director then asked me to perform. The huge result has made me the happiest. Actually many people have performed well, but luck has arrived yet. Of course I have to work hard, otherwise even with luck I can't win this award. In the end I believe effort will be rewarded." Yuen Wah expressed that he will celebrate with everyone and then later return to Canada to celebrate with his wife. As for a raise, he said that he was worried no one would make him another offer. Anthony Wong Chau Sun earlier criticized his acting. Yuen Wah said, "He didn't say it to my face, so I don't mind whether he said anything good or bad. In this business never ruin other people's livelihood." When Yuen Wah and Yuen Qiu presented an award, Yuen Qiu said that because of Anthony Wong Chau Sun he has appeared on the headlines. Yuen Wah said, "Keep talking and I will hit somebody."

Host Cheng Tan Shui said the overwhelming audience response to Yuen Wah and joked, "That was Yuen Wah, not Lau Tak Wa."

Wong Ching Po won the Young Director Award and also a HK$100,000 cash prize. He expressed that he would save the money for the next Young Director Award winner.

Derek Yee Tung Sing with ONE NITE IN MONGKOK won Best Director and Best Screenplay. He also experienced two different feeling in one night.

The first award presented at the Hong Kong Film Award was Best Screenplay and Yee Tung Sing won. As the evening's first winner he said, "The first award was presented to screen writers. You can see how low this position is." Although he won, he later expressed his displeasure at this arrangement and felt that at least it should be presented after the Best New Performer award.

Yee Tung Sing sighed that screen writers have never been valued. Their salaries were low, which needed to attract concerns and improvement. When asked how he would celebrate, he said the usual. Because he publicly thanked his girlfriend, would he get married? He said, "Wait until I win Best Director again. Actually I plan to wed after finishing CHIN BUI BUT JUI (THOUSAND GLASSES WITHOUT DRUNKEDNESS) this year." He honestly said looking back at his 30 years in the business and in addition his whole family was in it he felt rather terrified; he said that the last time he was on stage was ten years ago with C'EST LA VIE MON CHERI (SUN BUT LIU CHING).

Yee Tung Sing thanked Universe for its support and humorously said, "They were the fifth film company I approached, which proved that being a director requires persistence; finally one of the bosses will be fooled. I have to thank (Alex) Fong Chung Shun, (Cecilia) Cheung Pak Chi and other cast and crew members."

Soon after Yee Tung Sing won Best Director again. He happily said that his dream has finally reappeared as he won this award ten years later. When asked about marriage again, he humorously said that Alex Fong Chung Shun earlier has expressed that he would get married when he wins Best Actor so he would give the award to Fong Chung Shun. Was he passing the buck? He only said that his relationship did not need the bonds of marriage.

Anthony Wong Chau Sun and Janny Lin (Lam Chi Ling) were the presenters for Best Screenplay. Host Lawrence Cheng Tan Shui said that they were Beauty and the Beast. Before presenting the award Chau Sun asked Lam Chi Ling for a lucky hug, she agreed and Chau Sun deliberately took off his coat for the hug. Later he even boasted to Andy Lau Tak Wa and Tony Leung Chiu Wai. Finally he also asked Lam Chi Ling to give him a two minute hug backstage too. Host Cheng Tan Shui followed suit and asked fellow host Carol Cheng Yui Ling for a hug. Sister Dodo said, "You can't randomly hug, because the effect is quite different."

When introducing the Best New Performer nominees, Teresa Cheung Siu Wai obviously received jeers. Cheung Siu Wai maintained her smile.

The event arranged for actors to introduced Chinese film's 100 year history. Jo Kuk Cho Lam was too slow and could not catch up to the visuals, which made the audience laugh. Fong Cho Ming was also stiff with the 50s and 60s film introduction. Host Cheng Tan Shui askd how Jackie Chan felt about his son's performance. Big brother shook his head. Ah Tan laughed, "Don't you feel he can't be topped?"

When Andrew Lau Wai Keung, Chang Chen and Japanese star Anne Suzuki presented the award, because they came from different places not only were they staring at each other due to the language barrier but they also had dead air. However surprisingly Chang Chen spoke Japanese and translated on the sport for Anne Suzuki. Chang Chen asked Lau Wai Keung why he did not approach me with any role. Lau Wai Keung said that his name was a problem because for their car racing scenes no one could have "shaky" (Chun) hands. Why did he cast Anne Suzuki? Lau Wai Keung honestly said that because she is pretty.

When Sheren Tang Shui man and Liu Kai Chi presented the Best Supporting Actress award, Bai Ling's revealing look not only wowwed the crowd but also sent Man Nui to the side. Host Cheng Tan Shui added, "I have to apologize. It's a communication issue. I didn't warn her in advance that the Hong Kong Coliseum is very cold."

Maggie Cheung Man Yuk and Tony Leung Chiu Wai presented the Best Picture award. When Stephen Chow Sing Chi accepted the award he first kissed Cheung Man Yuk's cheeks then he tried to go for her lips but Cheung Man Yuk ducked. They looked at each other and laughed.

http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Towers/2038/050328.html

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 5:21 am    Post subject:

(3/28/2005)

The 24th Annual Hong Kong Film Award took place last night at the Hong Kong Coliseum and attracted 360 media members from Mainland, Taiwan, Japan, Malaysia, and Hong Kong, the most in history. This year is the 100th anniversary of Chinese film, thus it is also year with the most guests. This year the event even received sponsorships from China Travel Agency and Pepsi. The former arranged for 1,000 tickets to be distributed to Mainland visitors while the latter provided a six figure sponsorship and a HK$100,000 cash prize to Young Director Award winner.

Before the ceremony, the event arranged for guests to enter through the Avenue of Stars at 6PM with over 100 guards in place to maintain order. Unfortunately around 5PM drizzle began to fall and grew heavier and heavier. However the stargazing visitors and fans were not deterred. They even all carried umbrellas. At first arriving guests were forced to stand in the rain. Later the event sent people to hold umbrellas for the guests. Guests included Janny Lin (Lam Chi Ling), Bai Ling, Stanley Tong Kwai Lai, Anthony Wong Chau Sun, Sheren Tang Shui Man, Lee San San, Chin Kar Lok, Teresa Cheung Siu Wai, Cheung Man, Karena Lam Ka Yun, Carol Cheng Yui Ling, Jackie Chan, Andy Lau Tak Wa, Daniel Wu (Ng Yin Cho), Liu Xiaoqing, Cecilia Cheung Pak Chi, Maggie Cheung Man Yuk, Gigi Lai Chi and others. Leung Chiu Wai and Lau Ka Ling arrived hand in hand. When reporters waved to Cheung Man Yuk for an interview, she only smiled and declined.

Jackie Chan told everyone not to be picky about what color the carpet was and to support the event because it will not shame Hong Kong. Also, Chau Sun complained to the press, "They got me into a whole heap of trouble. I already said four times that I didn't mean others performed poorly. (You said they were exaggerated?) I said that they have to be exaggerated in order for the audience to admire and accept them, but they have already responded very politely. Talking more about it is meaingless." He said that the event's blue carpet was like a runway.

http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Towers/2038/050328.html

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 5:23 am    Post subject:

(3/27/2005)

The 24th Annual Hong Kong Film Award will take place tonight at the Hong Kong Coliseum. Last night a special banquet was held to wecome overseas guests. Attendees included Japanese star Anne Suzuki and Taiwan director Ang Lee. Anne Suzuki revealed that she will be in Hong Kong for three days. She would like to meet Tony Leung Chiu Wai. She also said that she would like to get together with her co-stars in INITIAL D.

Other guests of tonight's event will include Liu Xiaoqing, Janny Lin (Lam Chi Ling), Zhang Ziyi, Luo Dayou, Richie Jen (Yam Yin Chai), Jenny Woo (Wu Yin Nei), Gu Yue, Tian Zhuangzhuang and Central Television Channel 6 chief Yan Xiaoming, Taiwan Director's Guild assistant chief Lee Yau Ning, and Golden Horse Award chief Wong Tung.

Because last year the Hong Kong Film Award live broadcast ran overtime, certain awards were cut and led to audience complaints; to avoid any similar occurrence, this year's broadcast will be on taped delay. The award show will begin at 7:30PM and TVB will air the coverage at 8:30PM. Radio Hong Kong will also delay its broadcast by a hour and Mainland's CCTV by half an hour. Other Hong Kong electronic media had to wait until TVB coverage to be able to air footage.

Cable was upset at the arrangement and last night issued a statement to the Hong Kong Film Award Association chief chief Manfred Wong (Man Jun) that the station was shocked and displeased that the Hong Kong Film Award has demanded local electronic media to postpone coverage by an hour and an agreement was required for entry. Cable pointed out that it suspects interference with the freedom of press and may even lead to blame the government's HK$2 million sponsorship as the use of public fund to beneift private organization. Cable also asked that how can a Hong Kong film event restrictions prevent over 7 million people from tightly follow the coverage, while overseas press (like from Taiwan or Mainland) were not under any restriction. They are able to cover the event without signing any agreement, which seem to be a double standard.

Cable expressed its disagreement and inability to accept the unreasonable request above, returned the press passes to the Hong Kong Film Award,and urged the event to rapidly respond to the questions above.
Hong Kong Film Award board member and spokesperson Ho Kam Wa expressed that if Cable felt the arrangement was improper and gave up its coverage, the event could do nothing about it. Hong Kong Film Award has always had highly thorough and when issuing press release it has already stipulated the adherence to press principles. She felt that Tsui Siu Ming came from film himself and would understand and follow the spirit of the contract.

Hong Kong Film Award vice chair Philip Chan Yun Kin has contacted Cable to communicate further. He expressed that the Hong Kong Film Award has no way to hinder civil rights but the program copyright and contract spirit must be respected. The entire program's content involves copyright and thus cannot be broadcast before TVB, but news coverage is possible. The event has already clarified the matter to Cable to prevent further misunderstanding. Media support of Hong Kong Film Awards is more than welcomed.

http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Towers/2038/050327.html
news

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 5:37 am    Post subject:

The guest above was me. Wink
   www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> The Latest Tony News All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: