TONYLEUNG.INFO
THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)

THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD

:-#
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> The Latest Tony News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lemonberry

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 12:33 pm    Post subject: :-#

Silenced

Last edited by lemonberry on Sat Apr 16, 2005 5:56 pm; edited 10 times in total
Eri

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 3:17 pm    Post subject:

Congratulations to Tony !
Tony looks happy and well after the holiday.

Did you have a nice holiday, Tony ? Never mind about getting extara few kilos, you can slim down easily once you start trainning. (ha ha ha ) Wink
lemonberry

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 4:26 pm    Post subject:

Silenced

Last edited by lemonberry on Sat Apr 16, 2005 5:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
lemonberry

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 4:31 pm    Post subject:

Silenced

Last edited by lemonberry on Sat Apr 16, 2005 5:24 pm; edited 2 times in total
lemonberry

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 4:32 pm    Post subject:

Silenced

Last edited by lemonberry on Sat Apr 16, 2005 5:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
lemonberry

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 4:36 pm    Post subject:

Arrow

Last edited by lemonberry on Sat Apr 16, 2005 5:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
lemonberry

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 4:38 pm    Post subject:

Arrow

lemonberry

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 4:41 pm    Post subject:

Arrow

Last edited by lemonberry on Sat Apr 16, 2005 5:25 pm; edited 2 times in total
lemonberry

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 4:46 pm    Post subject:

Arrow

Looney Tune

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 5:47 pm    Post subject:

Thanks lemonberry for all the news and translations.

Hip Hip Hooray! Congratulations Tony! The Strongest Best Actor in History!!! cheers
marisa

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 7:59 pm    Post subject:

hooray !

congratulations !!!

yes yes yes, the strongest king of actors in history !!!!!!!!!

of course Tony should get it , who else can ????

so happy for you, Tony !!!!!!!!
mu99le

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 10:31 pm    Post subject:

thanks lemonberry, sorry i only saw ur translation now Embarassed . way u go tony...everybody knows u're the best actor in HK now!! cheers
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:00 am    Post subject:

Congrats! All these flurry of events over the weekend! Exciting...
Sandy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:14 am    Post subject:

Info - "The strongest best actor in the history"? Did you have anything to do with this? This is kind of funny. I got to say... What's Tony's reaction when he saw the banner? Is he overjoyed or embarrassed? Laughing
news

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 8:51 am    Post subject:

(3/7/2005)

The 10th Annual Golden Bauhinia Awards took place last night and nine awards were presented. Favorites KUNG FU HUSTLE (GONG FU) and 2046 each won two awards. Best Actor went to 2046's Tony Leung Chiu Wai and Best Actress went to A WORLD WITHOUT THIEVES (TIN HA MO CHAK)'s Rene Lau Yeuk Ying. This was already Wai Jai's third Golden Bauhinia Best Actor award.

Wai Jai expressed that he has been happy about every award because he has put a lot of effort into the performance of each role. As for Andy Lau Tak Wa's defeat at his hand, he said, "Actually all five nominee's nominations meant that they performed well. The winner is just a little luckier."

Lau Yeuk Ying accepted the award from Andy Lau Tak Wa and Simon Yam Tat Wa. She happily said, "A WORLD WITHOUT THIEVES made me a box office hit. Thank you Director Feng Xiaogang and Lau Tak Wa. I wish to share this award with them. I will stay in Hong Kong to shop a day for my celebration." Since she grew up watching Hong Kong films she would have more chance to work on more Hong Kong films. Before Wa Jai's presentation when he learned as a TVB contract singer that ATV was broadcasting the event, he lept out of the camera immediately. Also, the award show started with a salute to New Wave directors and invited four former New Wave directors on stage. They were Stephen Shin Gei Yin, Yim Ho, Clifford Choi Kai Kwong and Alex Cheung Kwok Ming.

2046's Christopher Doyle (To Ho Fung) won the Best Cinematography award, but he could not accept the award personally. Leung Chiu Wai accepted it on his behalf. Although Wai Jai dressed up for the event, due to miscommunication at the event, he was without a seat for awhile. Later he was arranged to sit with Stephen Chow Sing Chi and Lau Tak Wa. The press area was too slanted and reporters had a few words. They ended up rushing the stage for photos.

Yuen Wah who has been in the business since childhood finally won Best Supporting Actor for KUNG FU HUSTLE, his first award of his career. He first thanked everyone in attendance and thanked Sing Yeh for giving him a chance to play this character with so much potential. He said, "In all my years in show business today is the happiest." I was rather excited when he accepted the award. "Because I am finally recogized after so many years, my hard work has been proven not to have gone to waste. Although it has been tough it's well worth it. (Do you feel sorry that Yuen Qiu could not win Best Supporting Actress?) It's no big deal. She still has a chance. Health is the most important. She will always have the chance to make movies, unless she quits! (Where will you put the award?) At home, or maybe the safety."

ONE NITE IN MONGKOK (WONG GOK HAK YEH)'s Derek Yee Tung Sing won the Best Director Award, but he did not attend either. Producer Fong Ping accepted the award on his behalf. Fong Ping expressed that Siu Bo could not attend due to a waist injury and represented Siu Bo in thanking the film's cast and crew.

Excellence Achievement Award winner Lau Ka Leung last night attended with his two daughters but wife Yung Jing Jing did not appear. Reportedly Yung Jing Jing was upset over the award's original title Lifetime Achievement Award, which she felt was unlucky. Later the event changed the title of the award and Yung Jing Jing supported her husband's decision to come.

The 68 year old Lau Ka Leung accepted the award from Fok Chun Ting. He felt that the award came a little early for him and the title change touched him. The fact is he will continue to work and a lifetime has not been set yet. He also thanked his wife for sending their two daughters to keep his company; is wife was worried that he did not have any fan. Master Lau also said, "I haven't even have a kiss scene in my career. It's all gongfu. Gong fu is my life. So I will keep fighting." Gongfu films now rely on special effects. Master Lau said, "I am out of a job!" Has he seen KUNG FU HUSTLE? He looked around and then said, "No, even if he (Stephen Chow Sing Chi) is here I still say the same thing. In the end I will insist on real gong fu on my movies."

Feng Xiaogang presented the Best Actor award to Wai Jai. "In the future if I have no money but I want to make a movie, I will definitely get Wai Jai. He takes the salary for one movie and works for five years."

When Yam Tat Wa and Lau Tak Wa presented the Best Actress award, both made fun of the Alex Fong Lik Sun and Gillian Chung Yun Tung's Valentine's Day ski trip in Switzerland. Yam Tat Wa said, "I want to work with Ah Gil but I don't know how to swim!" Lau Tak Wa said, "I know how to ski!"

After the Best Picture Award was presented, the Columbia Pictures representative asked Chow Sing Chi to come on stage as well but he declined. Finally after numerous persuasion he appeared and even dragged fellow cast mates Yuen Wah, Yuen Qiu, Chung Tsz Chung and others to the stage. Sing Yeh even consoled Yuen Qiu over the Best Supporting Actress award loss.

http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Towers/2038/050307.html
   www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> The Latest Tony News All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: