TONYLEUNG.INFO
THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)

THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD

Gene Siskel Film Center in Chicago showing Tony Leung Movies

www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Tony Leung Movies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hardboiled

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 1:57 pm    Post subject: Gene Siskel Film Center in Chicago showing Tony Leung Movies

If anyone is living near the Chicago area and is interested in catching up on some of Tony's more well known-films, the Gene Siskel Film Center in downtown Chicago is presenting a great opportunity. This February 2005, they are showing 5 glorious movies, ranging from "Chungking Express" to "Hero". Don't miss out if you get a chance. Here's a link for more info and showtimes:

http://www.artic.edu/webspaces/siskelfilmcenter/2005/february/tleung.htm
su-shi

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 9:34 am    Post subject:

anyone in the nyc area:
the anthology film archives are showing " flowers of shanghai" and "a city of sadness" in february
theroane

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 1:50 pm    Post subject:

Yay! Thank you, hardboiled! maybe I will see you there! I've probably seen all the movies, but the opportunity to spend 2 hours with Tony on the big (ish) screen? I'm all over it! Very Happy
hardboiled

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 12:52 pm    Post subject:

I'm really going to try and make "In the Mood for Love" as I haven't seen it for the longest time Embarassed . I know that I'm definitely not going to be able to make "Chungking Express" or "City of Sadness" Mad . What other ones and what other Hong Kong films (like "One Night in Mongkok) are still up in the air.

theroane, which ones are you planning to check out?
theroane

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 5:13 pm    Post subject:

I don't know how it's possible that I have missed "City of Sadness", but I have never seen it, so I will be there with bells on Saturday night. I'd also like to see ITMFL on the big screen. I might just celebrate Valentine's Day with Hero, though I own the DVD and have seen it at least 10 times. And Happy Together on the big screen...........I'm going to have to think about that one, too......
sachi

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 2:32 pm    Post subject: Yeah!

Hi!!! This is great, I'll finally get the chance to watch ITMFL and tony's other movies on the big screen! Although, I'm new in Chicago and I don't really know how to get to Gene Siskel and if there's a parking space, and I don't know anyone who would want to go with me. I'm still scared of driving alone at night so I need to muster up enough courage so I could watch the movies. Wish me luck, guys!!!
hardboiled

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 11:58 am    Post subject:

Gene Siskel film Center is on State Street, a few blocks south of the river. It's also right across the street from the Chicago Theater. There should be plenty of parking garages around the area since there are many stores on State Street. Check the Siskel website as they may have good places to park and possible deals on parking (w/paid admission). Good Luck!!!
theroane

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 5:46 pm    Post subject:

Why drive? Just take the red line train and get off at Lake (or Washington--I think Lake Street station is under construction). When you get upstairs, the film center is about 2 doors north of Borders.

City of Sadness was terrific! Tony was too wonderful in it.

I'll be the redhead with the smitten look on my face....must check the schedule and see what I'm going to see next............ Smile
   www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Tony Leung Movies All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: