TONYLEUNG.INFO
THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)

THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD

I got a thank you card from Tony on 1/22/05 :)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Communicate with Tony
View previous topic :: View next topic  
news

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 3:02 pm    Post subject: I got a thank you card from Tony on 1/22/05 :)

Horray!!!!

It's very hard to believe, but yes, it's his handwriting!!! It's a wonderful feeling to acknowledge that card actually gets route it to him and he READS it!!!

I sent him a Christmas card in December and I'm really thrilled to receive a brief note from him. It's the same card which he used to send to other fans. It's a big sunflower blank card. Very Happy There is no returning address and the card's postmark date is 11 01 05.

This is what he wrote:

Dear___

How are you? Thanks for your X-mas card. All Best wishes.

Love
Tony

Jan 05

I don't have a scanner and if I'm able to scan and upload onto the net, then I'll show you how its look like.
Info

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 7:13 pm    Post subject:

Hi news,

Congrats! Glad for you.
mu99le

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 1:11 am    Post subject:

ha, finally u got what u've been waiting 4!! congrats!! :d

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 7:33 am    Post subject:

Cool news, News! Well pleased for ya! Smile Smile Very Happy

TLCW Fan UK
ribi

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 7:50 pm    Post subject:

Congratulations news!!! I am very very happy for you. Very Happy
My card was also postmarked 11.01.05 - it really makes me imagine that on 10.01.05, he was sitting down (ala Chow Mo Wan in 2046) and thinking of what to write to us fans.... Wink

Longevity is a suffering in hell
~Infernal Affairs~
eliza bennet

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:16 pm    Post subject:

So very happy for you news! Congratulations Smile
bingo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 12:49 am    Post subject:

news,

hey, happy for you !

where do you live , in US ? did u send him a stamped envelope or he initiated this by using his own card and stamp and writes back to fans all by himself ?

Tony is really a very friendly star, i should plan writing him a card too.
news

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 6:44 am    Post subject:

Thanks all. I wasn't expecting to hear from him because I sent the card to him close to month ago. However, since it's an international mail and I sent it out during one of the busiest seasons of the year he might not receive my card until after Christmas. According to his card’s postmark date, it takes 11 days to arrive in my hands.

Bingo- I live in Boston, MA. I didn't enclose SASE to him. Since it's X-mas and it's nice opportunity to let him know fans are thinking of him. In addition, card is light but carry a lot of meaning. He confesses last year that he doesn’t need any gifts from fans, a card will do. I also sent him a b-day wishes last year, but I didn't receive a card from him. I don't expect to receive a thank you note from him each time I send him a card; however, that's the only method of acknowledgement of the receipt of your card. Unless, he posts all of fans’ cards on the wall like he did with his last b-day. Smile

Ribi- I really think that's exactly what he did. He replies to his fans' mails all in one go, which makes perfect sense. It's tough getting gift for him though because we don't know what he likes or really needs.
Lili

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:56 pm    Post subject:

Congrats to everyone who got a return card from Tony. He must be a busy beaver with replying to his fans who sent him a Christmas card. Hopefully, he'll be able to continue doing so in the years to come when you guys send him another Christmas card.
lemonberry

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 11:08 pm    Post subject:

news- glad to hear that you got a card from Tony.
I had sent him a xmas card as well, but I didn't get anything back this time. It's okay, since I already got something last year.
My guess is that he probably randomly choose a few fans to write back to or does he reply to those cards that he likes?
I still find it hard to believe that a famous actor like Tony will take time out to reply to fans. It's very touching and it proofs that he's different from the rest. Very Happy He has a genuine heart.
kookaburo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 1:21 am    Post subject:

Imagine poor Isabel if she had to haul Tony's acknowledgment cards to the post office if Tony replied to everybody who sent him a card. lol Not to take away Tony's manners in returning the greetings, but I get the impression alot of the Hong Kong stars do that kind of thing. I always come across stories or news of these stars getting together with their fans wutg birthday and celebratoin parties with fans in their fan clubs, so it wouldn't be a stretch for them to send mail as well. And I think even Hollywood stars respond to mail, whether to send back autographed photographs or something more personal. Depending on how much mail they get, they may have their personal assistants handle the mail or screen the ones for them to take care of. I often hear about a star being touched by a personal letter from a fan in unfortunate circumstances especially by the likes of Oprah Winfrey. Good going News and Ribi!
kookie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 1:43 am    Post subject:

If anybody is interested, I found a link of personal stories of fans successful and unsuccessful attempts at writing to celebrities. Amazingly, Carol Burnett, who was once the most popular television star and possibly entertainment figure, wrote back to letters sent to her. Timothy Hutton surprised his fan by calling her on the phone. There's a story that Pierce Brosnan sent back an autographed picture to a fan who invited him birthday party.

http://www.usatoday.com/life/columnist/candy/2002/2002-06-26-candy-question.htm

At this site, it's a collection of stories of successful contact with stars, many of them majorly famous.

http://www.fanmail.biz/mboard/viewtopic.php?t=1780&sid=fa7f8b77337e05048dfd634ac0987f05

I think a lot of them know how important it is to foster good relations with their fans and how much it means when celebrities reply or talk to them. Entertainers have always been meaningful to the lives of 'ordinary' people. But it's the people closest to us who are most important.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 9:58 am    Post subject:

Daniel Wu is another actor whose replies to fans' mails. He has a Yahoo newsletter which can be found at his website: http://danielwu.no-ip.org/email.asp?lang=en&fmenu=guest&Y=2005 .

He provides update regarding his work and life when time permits. It has been confirmed that he "writes" the newsletter himself according to the site's source. Smile The homepage above has his stale newsletters dated back to 1998.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 9:59 am    Post subject:

The guest above was me. Sorry I didn't log in.
news

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 10:00 am    Post subject:

Sorry.

Anonymous wrote:
The guest above was me. Sorry I didn't log in.
   www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Communicate with Tony All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: