TONYLEUNG.INFO
THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)

THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD

Jan 2005 Tony on Amy Magazine

www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Tony Leung Schedule
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Info

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:08 am    Post subject: Jan 2005 Tony on Amy Magazine

Thanks to KathyY

What is your merit and shortcomings?

Merit: Patient. For example, I can act in a movie for 5 years.
Shortcomings: Does as one pleases. To a certain extent, this is good. But sometimes I might be a bit childish, or selfish, or hurt others. Another one is lazy. I know I have some talent since I was a child, I learned fast, then I became lazy. Just like the rabbit in the rabbit-tortoise fable. I know the problem, but I just let it happened.

Take singing as an example, I know my voice is ok, but I didn't spend time to practise and waste the talent. But I would tell myself, just forget it. And I would dream of enjoying life without working. Luckily, I enjoy acting very much, so that I would put so concentrate and put so much effort in it.

What is a complete life? How would you plan your future?
I don't think there is a complete life. I am happy with my status now. I don't think getting married would make life complete. I don't plan for the future.

What is your favourite sports?
I kept working for a long time, I want to have a vacation, to ski in Japan.

Are you a person who care your outlook a lot? How to keep your skin healthy?
I have no idea. I only take care my skin if necessary, I think this is feminine. For example, I would not put on some cream if the weather is so dry that my skin becomes sensitive, but I would only do so for a short while. Sometimes, the make-up designer would force me to do so. Just like when I was in Korea, I brought a lot of skin care products, but I did not use them. If I don't need to work, I would let my hair to dry naturally. Maybe I don't like the trouble.

What kind of woman is most attractive to you?
Woman working concentrately, that moment she is so sexy. To a certain extent, I am man-dominated, I never allow woman to pay the bill. But I appreciate modern woman's ability in working, and I can accept that they are smarter than me.

Many actors said they would come to a stage that they suddenly knew the "key" of acting. Do you have such experience?
I am not aware of such a stage. I guess when you started enjoy acting, you got the "key". I think every actor needs a period of adaptation. During that period, one would feel nervous when acting. Gradually, one would get used to it and learn the skills, and deeply involved in a role. Then you got the "key".
In <Police Cadet 1984>, I put in a lot of design and skills in my role. Others might think the acting was too obvious. Anyway, I would leave it to the audience to comment, to feel.

Your acting is well-appreciated. Anything difficult to you?
Each new role is difficult to me. I need to do a lot of preparation work, such as research. For example, in <2046>, I need to perform the role of Chow once again, I need to find some new acting method, that is difficult. In <Seoul Raiders>, while it is a comedy, it has a lot of actions,
and I did not have much time to prepare, so it is quite difficult. So, each movie is a challenge to me.

Any target for your acting?
I hope to improve in each movie, I never satisfy in this aspect. As I need to promote the movies at different places, I normally watch my movies 5-6 times, I would review audiences' feedback in each place. Each time I watch the movie, I would discover some problems, the problems are so minor that others won't discover them, but I know clearly. It may be an eye contact, a gesture. Maybe it would be better to use another form. I would remind myself to adjust it next time.
Until now, I still do not have a satisfied piece of work. Maybe that's the reason why I could keep on improving myself.

Your motto is...
I keep on remind myself, to be concentrated in everything I do. Like skiing, you need to concentrate or you would fall to death. Although there are a lot of issues happened around me, I try to not allow myself to be disturbed, I guess this is some kind of training.

Any setback in your life?
I am a lucky person, I grow in applause throughout the years, I always meet good persons, good scripts and good actors. I only feel that I am lucky, don't have any setback.

Definition of New kind of man...
Can manage both business life and private life. Not only concern about money, but would also distribute time to family, girl friend and friends, and care about them.
The old concept of man taking care of the outside world, and woman taking care of the family is out. I will try my best to satisfy the needs of my family, and make them happy.
   www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Tony Leung Schedule All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: