TONYLEUNG.INFO
THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)

THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD

Old Leslie comments on Tony!

www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Tony Leung Articles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
havearabbit

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2004 7:50 pm    Post subject: Old Leslie comments on Tony!

Hey everyone! I'm actually a silent lurker but recently I signed up and decided to contribute! Smile What can I say, it was just too tempting to join. Well, I came across some stuff that Leslie said about Tony and not sure whether I should post it. I don't think it was posted before but if it was just delete this post. Smile

I only picked up what he said about Tony but the full articles can be found on the URL provided.

This was in an interview with Leslie Cheung, Maggie Cheung and Tony Leung Ka Fai. "I" stands for Interviewer and "L" is Leslie Cheung.

I - Can you tell us about your relationship with Tony Leung Chiu Wai? Do you think your relationship with Tony Leung Chiu Wai became closer due to the filming of 'Happy Together'? Can you tell us a little about what happened to you?

L - Definitely I think our relationship is closer now due to the experience of filming 'Happy Together'. Actually, Wai Jai is a difficult person to really get close to. But he is a very kind person. For example, Wai Jai loves rock and roll. When I go to his house to play majong with Carina Lau, Wai Jai has the stereo blasting in the next room. My head is ringing from the noise.
I flew down to Argentina, Buenos Aries, and when I first got down there, there were no scenes to be filmed. So I had some time. I thought I try out the local food. Well, by the third night, I started not feeling well. My stomach was bothering me. I had diarrhoea. But I am know for my sensative stomach. (He referred to it as a 'glass stomach'). If I eat anything a little too fatty or oily... I will have stomach problems (referring to diarrhoea) so, I really did not think much of it... I just thought... oh, I can not really tolerate this type of food well.

So, around the same time Tony Leung Chiu Wai flew down to Argentina. About three days after I had arrived. At that time I had the runs (diarrhoea) about 2 or 3 times a day. And I told Wai Jai about it. And he told me:, "GorGor, don't worry. I have some good medication for that" and so I took it and it worked. But once I stop taking it. I would get the runs again.

Now, 2 ½ -3 weeks pasted and I made plans to go out to eat Italian food with Wai Jai and William Cheung. And that night I told Wai Jai: "Something is not right. Do you think it is possible for me to have gotten amoeba virus?? Because I had the runs about 7-8 times a day by then for the past 2 ½- 3 weeks." And Wai Jai replied: "Crazy! Amoeba virus is only found along creek sides/river side. We are in Buenos Aires".

That night, Wai Jai had to do some night shoots. And he told me not to worry about it and go to bed. He was going to call his buddy Tim who was a doctor in Hong Kong. So, I went to bed. And the next morning at 6 am. I woke up to this banging at my door. It is Wai jai, and he says to me: "Oh, GorGor, you have the amoeba virus!"
I entirely believe it was because of Wai Jai that I made it down there. If not for him, I do not know what would of happened.

The whole interview is at http://xoomer.virgilio.it/nguidett/lifeon.htm

This one is the Time Asia tribute to Leslie, it's called Forever Leslie.

In the not-so-gay drama Happy Together he taught Tony Leung Chiu-wai how an actor prepares.

The film opens with a stark scene of the two main characters having sex. "When we tried to shoot the love scene it really shocked Tony," Cheung recalls. "He refused to do it. For two days he was miserable, lying on his bed. So I went up to him and said, 'Look at me, Tony, I've gone through so many scenes kissing, touching girls, grabbing breasts, do you think I really enjoyed it? Just treat it as a job, a normal love scene. I'm not going to fall in love with you, and I don't want you to really have sex with me. You're not my type.' So he agreed to do the scene." In other words: Tony, dear boy, why not try acting?

The page is at http://www.time.com/time/asia/arts/magazine/0,9754,108021,00.html

This was on another Leslie tribute page and it was about a lot of stars and their comments. Here's what Tony said:

Tony Leung Chiu-wai
"At the time I had suspicions and concerns about playing a gay role [in Wong Kar Wai's Happy Together], I had no confidence. Luckily Gor Gor was my co-star. He was very serious and involved. He helped me quite a lot. With his encouragement I was able to play such a successful character. " Courtesy The SAR HK Film TOP TEN Home Page (May 1 2003)
Actor Tony Leung co-starred with Leslie in Ashes Of Time, Happy Together and Eagle Shooting Heroes.

The tribute page is at http://www.ifrance.com/hkcinemagic/siteanglais/apages/tributetolesliecheung.htm

Here ya go! Smile If I come across any other Tony bits, I'll try and post it up.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2004 2:24 am    Post subject:

thanks havearabbit. no i don't think it has been posted before. Smile
Tony Grrl

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2004 5:19 am    Post subject:

Hi havearabbit...more the merrier...glad to see you posting and such an interesting piece about Tony and Leslie. I had not read the one about the upset tummy...kind of funny and sad at the same time.
Hope to see you post more Very Happy

TLCW Fan UK
Käse

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2004 1:25 pm    Post subject:

reading gorgor comment seems it's only a dream that he's gone, his words gave me the feeling that he is a lively person,one never knew what he hold inside,i find it interesting knowing tony blasting stereo,listening to rock&roll....
Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 7:15 am    Post subject:

Hi Havearabbit,
Thanks, first time I've seen this info.
I think Leslie & Tony came to "terms of endearment" during the making of HT.
And altho many, even Tony himself, say it's difficult to really know & get close him, in his own way, Tony misses Kor-kor. I take his reluctance to celebrate his birthday (ie no big bash) last year as his way of respecting Leslie. (think he was quoted as saying "..so many unhappy things have happened ...", maybe he did not just mean SARS alone.)
caidanbi

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:40 am    Post subject:

So, Tony likes to crank the rock music, eh? Sounds like my dad... *scary* hehe

That's an interesting article Havearabbit, thanks Smile
Tony Grrl

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 12:10 pm    Post subject:

I wonder what sort of Rock music he likes exactly...does any one here know? Very Happy

TLCW Fan UK
jenlim

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 2:22 am    Post subject: leslie

i'm glad you posted something of leslie. he's one of my favorites too. i still can't get over seeing him in rouge (crushing on the dearly departed is not my thing).

imagine, i first saw tony in gorgoeus... so it wasn't such a good movie to get introduced to tony for the first time. follow that up with love me love my money and fighting for love. (i still get heebie-jeebies when i remember those movies) tony was the only good thing that i can recall, since i'm still trying to block those three movies from my head.

then i watched happy together, and it was as if the sky opened up and a thousand kisses were emptied right in front of me.

i'm glad you posted what you posted, even if it was about diarrhea.

and the amoeba virus Alien

and on a totally unrelated topic, i hope people stop fighting in the other pages. argue

and again, this emoticon reminds me of edison chen salute

"in chinese we have a saying..." eeeek! Shocked

kisses. see you later, guys! i don't know why i think you're all my friends, but i do.

have a nice day! flower
Taurus

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 7:00 am    Post subject: Re: leslie

jenlim wrote:
i'm glad you posted something of leslie. he's one of my favorites too. .....
kisses. see you later, guys! i don't know why i think you're all my friends, but i do. ...

Hi Jen,
Just read your posting. Hmm.. does that include me too ? Wink
I have the same feeling as U abt. this forum. Everyone here is so "positive" & it makes for a happy place to hang out. Although Tony is tops, we openly chat abt. our other favourites too. And sometimes, I get to see non-movie related stuff. Well-round, happy people.

I just love dropping by!
eliza bennet

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 2:08 am    Post subject:

Yes this forum is great!! Not only we have uptodate information about Tony but also we get to meet nice people and exchange ideas in a civilized manner Smile

Reading Leslie's words made me cry. I still can not get used to the fact that he is gone. And it is just like him to get D since he is very sensitive and it is great that he said good things about Tony (Leslie is not exactly known for his tact) I hope you rest in peace Leslie? Why did you go and take a piece of my heart with you?? I better stop since I'm at work and people are looking at me in weird way since I'm crying.
Tony Grrl

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 3:44 am    Post subject:

Aww hugs eliza! Smile

TLCW Fan UK
   www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Tony Leung Articles All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: